A NEW WR OPTION?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nellie2355. Show nellie2355's posts

A NEW WR OPTION?

i know everyone has been talking about steve smith or bring back randy moss and how about bringing in a guy like Santonio Holmes who can stretch the field and also comes up big in big games.we all seen what he did with a average QB like sanchez, just imagine what he could do with BRADY. then there is also plaxico  burress who is coming out of jail this summer. tell me what you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: A NEW WR OPTION?

I see Santonio pricing himself out of Foxboro and there are character concerns.  His skill set fits though.

Plaxico's too big of a nucklehead to be considered.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In Response to Re: A NEW WR OPTION?:
    [QUOTE]I see Santonio pricing himself out of Foxboro and there are character concerns.  His skill set fits though. Plaxico's too big of a nucklehead to be considered.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

I agree Santonio's skill set suits the NE offense very well but too much baggage along with Plaxico. They can both go back to Pittsburg and play with that rapist as far as I'm concerned. Maybe Santana Moss if they can get him. Everyone keeps saying the need for a tall receiver but Brady has history of working great with smaller guys with good quickness like Brown, Patten, Branch, Welker.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Malcom Floyd or bust

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

I will say we do need a deep threat, along with a running back that D's have to worry about and make sure they respect it and game plan for.  If we had a Chris Johnson or AP just imagine the trouble the opposing defense would have especially if we had a deep or stretch reciever.

I do agree that we need some help on D but if your O can blow your opponent out of the water with a solid running attack (not the garbage time we had in 07) and a prolific passing game they will never catch up and their D will be wore out then BJGE can come in and grind out the clock.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

You got that Right

[QUOTE]Unless you want to talk about something that keeps points OFF the board I'd say it's useless to discuss! THE PATS HAD THE NUMBER ONE SCORING OFFENSE WITH 518 POINTS SCORED THIS SEASON. That's 77 points above anyone else in the league! They had the number one offense in 2007 as well! Did they win SuperBowls for it? NO! Do you really think another wide receiver on the field makes that much of a difference when the D allows the Jets to put up 28??? Seriously... Offense is not the problem, the Pats have had NOTHING BUT offense since the Super Bowl loss in 2007. What happens? Playoff loss 09, and a playoff loss in 010. They also had a deep threat in 07, and 09. It's time for the other side of the ball to be addressed my friends! 2010 Steelers #2 Defense, #1 Sacks, #12 offense 2010 Packers # 5 Defense, #2 Sacks, #10 offense 2010 Patriots #25 Defense, #14 Sacks, #1 Offense. Enough with the Madden crap, it may be a passing league but a Defense heavy balanced team still wins Championships more often than not! 2004 Patriots #2 Defense, #3 Sacks, #4 Offense. 2004 Colts #19 Defense, # 3 Sacks, #1 Offense.
    Posted by Prophet76[/QUOTE]

No Doubt Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL post Joe Montana.  However, we have, indeed, spent to much time, effort and personnel moves to cater to his talents.  In the meantime, our Defense, which at one time, provided the backbone to Superbowl titles has been allowed to fade away.  we have more than enough picks this year and a wagon load of talent in the NFL draft.

We Need an off the edge pass rusher - I still cry every time Clay Mathews plants another QB.  We trade down for VAlue on the board - Twice.  Yeah time to cure that ill.  We need to put real talent beside Wilfork up front and add to Mayo.  Sorry, TBC, and the rest of the OLBs don't cut it. 

Besides the Defense.  We better look at upgrading an aging offensive line.  the Offense will be much better off keeping holes open for the RBs and Tom's butt off the carpet than looking at another pair of hands.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Another problem is that I don't think Branch is going to hold up an entire season. He was hurt at the end of the season and just held on through the playoff game. It's likely the guy is going to miss 5-6 games at some point next year. 

With Branch out of the line up we have a pretty big problems at WR. Tate has been irrelevant and Welker without a threat on the other side of the field won't be much of a factor. 

Drafting a WR probably isn't the solution unless they get the top tier options. They can't wait to develop a guy. They need someone who can make an impact right away.  The decent options seem to have too much baggage or price themselves out. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

WHAT ABOUT ME?????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Re: You got that Right

What about the deep threat in 2010? They traded Moss away and they were much better for it. The Jets loss was about poor execution and bad gameplanning. It happens with or without a deep threat. 

In Response to Re: You got that Right:
    [QUOTE]In Response to You got that Right : You can't change a tiger's stripes so I would assume Bill will still stay the course with his value philosophy but you can bet the Matthews slip still stings him. That's at least what "sources" say around the league. I agree with the O line upgrades as well. Vollmer to LT, see ya and thank you Light. Sign Mankins to a long term. Draft, FA hunt, or competition from within for RT. More time for Ohrnberger/ Connolly inside. Draft a relatively high pick C/G like Moffitt or C like Wisniewski. This draft in my opinion should be about the trenches and front seven. Everything else should be secondary.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

How about screaming for better interior OL play? It's not like the last three playoff losses showed that the pats interior line can be pushed back easily with a 3 man rush which allows the D to cover the short stuff. Oh wait, it is like that. How about bringing in a replacement for Koppen that's more competitive one on one and is able to keep interior rushers off of Brady when in matters most? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

RockDog,

One option for that is to:

1. Promote Connolly to Center. He's the back up.
    2. Resign Mankins.
    3. Draft a Guard early.
    4. Draft a Tackle early.
    5. Cut Koppen. 

Vollmer, Mankins, Connolly, Rookie, Kazcur/Rookie

Or just go Center early in the draft if you think it's an upgrade for that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A NEW WR OPTION? : TENNESEE.... TENNESEE... AINT NO PLACE I'D RATHER BE....

I knew you had it together.  Nice to see a Dead fan on here.

Is your handle a nod to Estimated Prophet?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I wouldn't mind that at all. I think Levoir might be an option at RT if he can play like he did in 2009, but a youth movement at some positions might do them well. And since they aren't necessarily a dink and dunk screen team anymore it might make sense to draft or look for in FA a beefier option at C. It's great Koppen is mobile but not if at the expense of him not being able to block any DL one on one. For three years he's been getting his a $ $ handed to him but no one says a thing. 

[QUOTE]RockDog, One option for that is to: 1. Promote Connolly to Center. He's the back up. 2. Resign Mankins. 3. Draft a Guard early. 4. Draft a Tackle early. 5. Cut Koppen.  Vollmer, Mankins, Connolly, Rookie, Kazcur/Rookie Or just go Center early in the draft if you think it's an upgrade for that.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE] HAHA... I like you even more now BB! While Estimated is a great tune, my handle is actually a nod to the Gibran books "The Prophet", "Eye of the Prophet", and my birth year.
    "You cannot ask for anything in prayer, because God already knows your deepest needs. As God is our main need, so we should not pray for other things, but ask for more of God."  Khalil Gibran

Honestly, I had never heard of him, but he speaks wisdom.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

[QUOTE]Malcom Floyd or bust
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]
    WHHHY on earth would we want him? hes trash

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Tate can't catch a cold.  Hope they get at least one legit vertical threat at WR and a decent thumper type running back, like Antowain Smith was.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE] Check out "The Prophet" and give it a read. It's only about 90 pages, but it's full of small pieces of perspective and told in a story format. It's hard to describe but I recommend it and personally I'm not really religious. The whole book is free for you to read right here.  http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jrcole/gibran/prophet/prophet.htm
    Awesome, thanks for the link. I'll definitely give it a read.

Back on topic, I said in the other WR thread that I'm fine with the offense but the coaches see these young recievers in practice everyday, so if they think WR is a need, I'm sure they'll address it. They certainly have the wherewithal(i.e. multiple picks) to fill many needs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

[QUOTE]RockDog, One option for that is to: 1. Promote Connolly to Center. He's the back up. 2. Resign Mankins. 3. Draft a Guard early. 4. Draft a Tackle early. 5. Cut Koppen.  Vollmer, Mankins, Connolly, Rookie, Kazcur/Rookie Or just go Center early in the draft if you think it's an upgrade for that.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

What about resign Light...Light,Mankins,Connolly,Kazcur/Vollmer??? Grab a rookie or 2 for c and RG to back up and poss take over starting job?? Im just asking not saying to do this.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A NEW WR OPTION? : What about resign Light...Light,Mankins,Connolly,Kazcur/Vollmer??? Grab a rookie or 2 for c and RG to back up and poss take over starting job?? Im just asking not saying to do this.
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

I meant  Light,Mankins,Connolly,Kazcur,Vollmer...is that a good OL??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Kaczur stinks. He was a bad RT and I don't see why he'd be better given a position change. I'd rather the pats just draft a guy with one of their higher picks. As someone pointed out: guards are pretty bust free, early contributing players typically. Mankins is a good example of this. 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A NEW WR OPTION? :  I meant  Light,Mankins,Connolly,Kazcur,Vollmer...is that a good OL??
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Iif BB doesn't make a move on Fitzgerald I say go after Hankerson if he's still available at #56 pick