A projected list of starters on defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

A projected list of starters on defense

James DiMaio, who writes for Yahoo and Bleacher Report, posted his projected list of starters on defense.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/projecting-england-patriots-starters-defense-024500923.html

He has Dowling starting over Dennard at RCB, even if Dennard is available to start after his recent injury. Overall, no big surprise on the list. Starters for offense might be harder to project.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: A projected list of starters on defense

Good read. I would love to see Dowling win the starting corner spot.
    Earth to Woody, Mike and Rex!!..............
    Two bad QB's, DO NOT equal a good one!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Agree - no surprises.  Should Dowling remain healthy, the competition between he and Dennard will be most interesting.  I'm guessing that if Dennard is fully recovered (even if Dowling is healthy) he'll begin the season as a starter. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Agree that Dennard will likely start over Ras, but if healthy Ras should play a lot, if Ras came ready to play it would not surprise me to see him start, he's bigger and the Pats need to know now if he is a long term investment or to cut ties and this is both parties last chance to make it work.  Dennard is locked in for years still...

While I agree they will likely start the year using their basic nickel package as their base, I believe by season's end they'll be using more 3/4 or even traditional 4/3 with Armstead at end instead of Nincovich, especially in the playoffs when they need to be bigger and tougher.  

Ninc can easily drop back and play outside in the 3/4 or probably even slide inside to the "mike" position, he might be our newest Mike Vrabel.  Collins is the ultimate luxury, he means we are heavily stocked at the linebacker position and thats good because injuries wreak havoc on linebacker units, we need depth.

Wilson and McCourty excite me, we'll have a real safety tandem for the first time in a long time, should be fun to watch.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Because Ras is bigger you might see an opponent match up week to week (provided Ras's health). With Dennard starting against smaller skilled WR's and Ras playing slot then switching against larger WR's depending on opponent

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The defense would be better if you replaced Nink with John Abraham, but what can you do, huh?

Aaron Dobson # 17; Tom Brady's new best friend.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

I would say Dowling has the highest upside of any DB on the team. He has the size, speed+athleticism to play press coverage against elite recievers.  Riess claims that he is moving much more fluidly so far this preseason than last year.

"I swear it upon Zues the most exceptional runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler"  Socrates

Sections
Shortcuts