a proven running back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

a proven running back

if the pats sign a proven running back,i can see them being unstoppable

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: a proven running back

Many running backs went undrafted.  Two cases in point:  BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to a proven running back:
    [QUOTE]if the pats sign a proven running back,i can see them being unstoppable
    Posted by Vladtheimpaler1[/QUOTE]

I expect to a FA signing in the next couple of weeks as soon as they're done with the drafted and undrafted signings.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

In Response to Re: a proven running back:
    [QUOTE]Many running backs went undrafted.  Two cases in point:  BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]this is true,this is why im saying a proven running back

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to a proven running back : I expect to a FA signing in the next couple of weeks as soon as they're done with the drafted and undrafted signings.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]sounds good

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

There is no such thing as a proven running back unless he is already on the team doing the job.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Adding Redkins' UFA RB Tim Hightower would seem to make a lot of sense for the Pats: http://www.patspulpit.com/2012/4/21/2963954/patriots-host-addai-grant-hightower-on-free-agent-visits

Plus, two Hightowers are better than one...LOL!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]There is no such thing as a proven running back unless he is already on the team doing the job.
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]
    Especially on this Pats team, a proven running back for us needs to have above average to good blocking skills, has to be able to catch the ball well and has to deal with minimal carries but can still pick up big yardage. All the "proven" RB's will be very expensive and we just drafted 2 talented backs, why not give them a shot at the full time role first? I am excited for them to finally show what they can do on a game to game basis.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

vereen is going to make you guys forget all about this thread. he's fast and can catch the ball. i can see him having a big year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]vereen is going to make you guys forget all about this thread. he's fast and can catch the ball. i can see him having a big year. 
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

Even if your prediction comes true, Vereen is not a short yardage, red-zone RB. That's where a veteran like Hightower could fit in.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: a proven running back :      Even if your prediction comes true, Vereen is not a short yardage, red-zone RB. That's where a veteran like Hightower could fit in.
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]
    But why do you need that when you have a beast standing at 6' 6" in the redzone, an elusive TE, the best slot receiver maybe ever and all our other options. Hell maybe that Rugby kid could even come in to catch a ball (or even run it in at halfback with how tough those guys can be)and throw off the opposing teams redzone defense. I don't think we should waste money on a RB when we have Woody and 2 young guys from last years draft whom havn't even been given a chance ot show the team what they can do for the whole year. At least not on a veteran RB that is going to be asking for big money and lots of carries.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moorepatsfan54. Show moorepatsfan54's posts

[QUOTE]vereen is going to make you guys forget all about this thread. he's fast and can catch the ball. i can see him having a big year. 

I hole heartly agree with you. The only reason he didn't play was because of a bad hammy in training camp (he basically red shirted to prevent further injury as well as future injury), and the fact that BB doesn't like to use rookie rb's. He's going to be the next Curtis Martin, and possibly more versatile go to youtube and see some of the catches he makes. When he is out for a pass he reminds me of a young Steve Smith, he gets that separation in the second level and can catch well in traffic for a small reciever, and that's saying something for a rb.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moorepatsfan54. Show moorepatsfan54's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: a proven running back :      Even if your prediction comes true, Vereen is not a short yardage, red-zone RB. That's where a veteran like Hightower could fit in.
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

Go see his youtube clips when he was in college he had a fair amout of short yardage td's. Could that translate to the NFL, sure the only thing he would need to do is gain about 10 lbs.
    With that said i see what NE is going to do with their rb's it's going to be simular to Carolina. Vereen will be the running back outside the 20's and Ridley will have it within the 20's the majority of the time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

No team is unstoppable. This question has been brought up for the past two seasons in Dec, "Can anybody beat the Patriots?"...both seasons, yes.

There has and never will be an unstoppable team, theres too much parody in the league. Yes, the 72 dolphins went undefeated, but they weren't unstoppable

As for the rb situation, all the rbs in FA are still in FA for some reason. Hightower would be my pick, but he's coming off a torn ACL. He was never meant to be a feature back though...if he can get healthy enough to be a 3rd down rb, I'd be fine with that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

agreed.

Our offense is set boys, I don't see any new additions, unless WW pisses off BB

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Assuming improved ball security from Ridley and a healthy Vereen, the lot of Ridley/Vereen/Woody/TBD Veteran offer plenty out of the backfield.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm hoping the same thing, however I'd be shocked if we don't sign a veteran runner within the next 7 days.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Many running backs went undrafted.  Two cases in point:  BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

neither of whom fit the label of 'proven running back that makes offense unstoppable' which is what this thread is about

we are talking what Corey Dillon did in '04

not Benny/Woodhead

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Four RB's seems to be the norm.  Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead, and ???.  I'd like to see a bigger RB.  6'2 230ish.  Steven Jackson fits that mold but I don't expect him to be signed. 

Grant and Hightower are slightly bigger than Ridley and Vereen but only a tiny bit.  Ridley and Vereen are competitive in size with alot of feature backs like Gore, Rice, Jones-Drew, and many others.  Still, I'd like a bruiser.  They may just go with a FB, I really don't know.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I could see Addai, Grant or Hightower being picked up on a one year deal, and don't forget Kevin Faulk wants to come to camp. I actually think the first two have a better rep for pass blocking than Hightower. I can also see BB not signing anyone until preseason and seeing how Ridley and Vereen have progressed through the off season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If I had to choose between Grant, Addai or Hightower I would go with Grant, I think he would fit best but I really don't want any of the three.  It would be nice to get Jackson but I really don't see that happening.  The Pats need a good vet in there.  Someone other then Faulk who I hope stayes for ST purposes.   This one has me stumped.  But for sure I would like them to sign a decent vet.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Give the Bears our 2013 #1 for Forte, and I agree the O would be unstoppable

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Assuming improved ball security from Ridley and a healthy Vereen, the lot of Ridley/Vereen/Woody/TBD Veteran offer plenty out of the backfield.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

add a vet and a fa (though with the amount weve brought in, i dont know where we are on teh 90).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbear3915. Show mbear3915's posts

Don't forget we signed 2 fullbacks during FA ... we only picked up Polite late in the year after not carrying one since Heath Evans. 

Still I won't be surprised if a veteran RB shows up at some point.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

[QUOTE]Don't forget we signed 2 fullbacks during FA ... we only picked up Polite late in the year after not carrying one since Heath Evans.  Still I won't be surprised if a veteran RB shows up at some point.
    Posted by mbear3915[/QUOTE]

They also have the FB from the Naval Academy coming in as he has been released by the Navy.

Sections
Shortcuts