A question about Dungy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Re: A question about Dungy

I don't live in Maricopa County. Someone sent me a link to that newspaper and I find it entertaining to read people trying to make a point by insinuating that Obama plays golf with Stalin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I used to play golf with Stalin.

Not much off the tee.

Great irons, though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimnagle. Show jimnagle's posts

I don't think any serious person would compare Obama to Stalin, who was a vicious, bloodthirsty mass murderer responsible for the deaths of anywhere from twenty to a hundred million of his own countrymen.  Obama is nothing like that (I'll leave abortion out of this for now), but he does share a Marxist, redistributionist philosophy with Big Joe. 

Prairie mike, his being so out of touch may turn out to be a blessing, because the public is gradually beginning to turn against him, and we may have another '84-like midterm election that could help put the brakes on his quest to turn us into the Islamic Republic of Venezuela.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

That's what I'm hoping and working for, Jim.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]I used to play golf with Stalin. Not much off the tee. Great irons, though.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

bom bom chiiiiing.  Good night and don't forget get to tip your waitress on the way out. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think any serious person would compare Obama to Stalin, who was a vicious, bloodthirsty mass murderer responsible for the deaths of anywhere from twenty to a hundred million of his own countrymen.  Obama is nothing like that (I'll leave abortion out of this for now), but he does share a Marxist, redistributionist philosophy with Big Joe.  Prairie mike, his being so out of touch may turn out to be a blessing, because the public is gradually beginning to turn against him, and we may have another '84-like midterm election that could help put the brakes on his quest to turn us into the Islamic Republic of Venezuela.
    Posted by jimnagle[/QUOTE]

IRV? - Brilliant composer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimnagle. Show jimnagle's posts

Correction: I meant '94 midterms, not '84.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

[QUOTE]Well, well, and very well. Let's see here: We've gone from racism straight through religion and directly on to politics. Nice. So . . . Who on this board (besides me) has ever been abducted by space aliens?
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

I was abducted too! The greys took me to Dulce and showed me all the humans held there. They told me many were used as food in addition to experimentation. We are the breaded chicken strips of the universe and deservedly so.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]It was bound to happen lol I have been fighting the urge to bring it up since 347 tried to tell me he thought Bush was one of the presidents of all time which is just laughable. The guy had the lowest aporoval rating of all time and he left the white house a joke and a disgarce to Americans all ove rthe country. His reasoning was "we have not been attacked again since 911" like that is some how sopossed to make everything else he did ok. what a joke.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Interesting.  You have been spelling at a third-grade level for 11 pages, yet you think you have the ability to criticize Bush, who did in fact keep US safe for the last 8 years.  You are, at every level, a moron.

Oh, and regarding your little racist thread you have going here, I cannot stand Tony Dungy for a variety of reasons, but what exactly is wrong with him trying to help out anyone, regardless of his ethnicity?  Who cares why he did it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting.  You have been spelling at a third-grade level for 11 pages, yet you think you have the ability to criticize Bush, who did in fact keep US safe for the last 8 years.  You are, at every level, a moron. Oh, and regarding your little racist thread you have going here, I cannot stand Tony Dungy for a variety of reasons, but what exactly is wrong with him trying to help out anyone, regardless of his ethnicity?  Who cares why he did it?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Why do people keep saying this as if the Bush administration didn't fail at 9/11? They were responsible. It happened under their watch. What you are saying is tantamount to, "Well, at least we didn't drop a second baby into the boiling water. Pheww." or "At least I didn't shoot my other foot." 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]Why do people keep saying this as if the Bush administration didn't fail at 9/11? They were responsible. It happened under their watch. What you are saying is tantamount to, "Well, at least we didn't drop a second baby into the boiling water. Pheww." or "At least I didn't shoot my other foot." 
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

What about the first World Trade Center bombing?  What about the USS Cole??  I don't remember anyone blaming Clinton for these?  Did he fail? What about letting Bin Laden slip through our fingers when the Yeminis offered him up?  Clinton could have stopped 9-11 before it ever happened?  To put the blame on Bush is not seeing the whole picture and using him as a scapegoat. And that's disingenuous.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

347 - I think you have this most correct. 

I also believe that Clinton also altered/limited intelligence gathering methods during his administration.  What I don't understand about our citizens is that during a more relaxed and diplomatic period (the clinton years) all that this conciliation and dialouge did was give these terrorists more of an opportunity to plan and attack us which they did. 

Why have so many people forgotten about 9/11?  Does anyone really believe that the organization that caused this doesn't desire to do it again? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Thanks for sticking up for me Harley. I forgot that I was writing for the spelling bee.com i thought this was a sports forum so excuse me for not spell checking before i post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE] ...Bush and company ignored all this and let the planes hit the buildings despite intel telling them to watch for this....
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

Harley
    Fact is that the WTC attack was 8 months into Bush's presidency.  Hardly enough time to reconfigure a beauracracy (sp?) to be able to deal with a type of attack that was unknown and inconceivable (except for the terrorists) up to that point.  As the saying goes "you don't know what you don't know".  Presidents see TONS of intelligence, most is non-actionable.  A brief blurb on a report that gave no details (i.e. the analyst didn't reven know what it meant), is hardly "intel telling them to watch for this".  And how come your willing to give Clinton a pass on the WTC but not on letting OBL get away?  They are completely linked in my estimation.  No OBL, no WTC.  Should we also blame Clinton for the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building and the Kenya and Tanzania embassy bombings that happened on his watch?  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not blaming Clinton for these things (except maybe OBL).  I completely understand that any terrorist at any time can drive up to a building and light one off and nobody would have a clue beforehand.  I just don't get why people are already to blame Bush for the WTC.  After it, he took necessary steps to ensure the safety of the country.  Maybe he should have just launched a few Tomahawk missiles at OBL like Clinton did.  That seemed to pacify the country at the time.  It sure didn't keep us safe though!

Like Alfred told Bruce Wayne "Some men just want to watch the world burn."
    OBL is just such a worm so I say

Nuke 'em 'till they glow!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]347 -...What I don't understand about our citizens is that during a more relaxed and diplomatic period (the clinton years) all that this conciliation and dialouge did was give these terrorists more of an opportunity to plan and attack us which they did...
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Underdogg
    I'm not sure if I would call it a relaxed period.  But your right.  It gave them more of an opportunity and they didn't wait until 9-11 either.  Take a look:

List of terrorist attacks under Clinton's watch.
    Oct. 12, 2000 - A terrorist bomb damages the destroyer USS Cole in the port of Aden, Yemen, killing 17 sailors and injuring 39.

Aug. 7, 1998 - Terrorist bombs destroy the U.S. embassies in Nairobi, Kenya and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. In Nairobi, 12 Americans are among the 291 killed, and over 5,000 are wounded, including 6 Americans. In Dar es Salaam, one U.S. citizen is wounded among the 10 killed and 77 injured.

In response, on August 20 the United States attacked targets in Afghanistan and Sudan with over 75 cruise missiles fired from Navy ships in the Arabian and Red seas. About 60 Tomahawk cruise missiles were fired from warships in the Arabian Sea. Most struck six separate targets in a camp near Khost, Afghanistan. Simultaneously, about 20 cruise missiles were fired from U.S. ships in the Red Sea striking a factory in Khartoum, Sudan, which was suspected of producing components for making chemical weapons.

June 21, 1998 - Rocket-propelled grenades explode near the U.S. embassy in Beirut.

July 27, 1996 - A pipe bomb explodes during the Olympic games in Atlanta, killing one person and wounding 111.

June 25, 1996 - A bomb aboard a fuel truck explodes outside a U.S. air force installation in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. 19 U.S. military personnel are killed in the Khubar Towers housing facility, and 515 are wounded, including 240 Americans.

Nov. 13, 1995 - A car-bomb in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia kills seven people, five of them American military and civilian advisers for National Guard training. The "Tigers of the Gulf," "Islamist Movement for Change," and "Fighting Advocates of God" claim responsibility.

April 19, 1995 - A car bomb destroys the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people and wounding over 600.

February 1993 - A bomb in a van explodes in the underground parking garage in New York's World Trade Center, killing six people and wounding 1,042.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

BTW
    The info in my last post was copied from http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090109115744AA8pVBc

Don't want you to think I researched it myself, other than doing a Google search.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

347 I have a hard time beleaving that you wouldnt do the same thing to Obama if he had been in the white house when 9/11 happened. If things had been switched and Al Gore had won the election and 9/11 went down you and all the other right wingers would be pointing teh finger and blaming Gore and using it to get votes for the red team so get off your high horse. We blame Bush because we hate Bush because we beleave he ran this country into the ground and it is that simple. You defend him because you support him how ever dumb i might think that is i get it and the right wingers would do the same thing if teh shoe was on teh other foot. In fact I bet their are right wingers right now hoping another 9/11 goes down just so you can unleash the Fox news sh*t storm all over Obama.

By the way a few posts back 347 you tried to convince me that Fox News is not one sided and I just want to point out that when Bush and his people lost 4 billion dollars or however much it was in Iraq Fox news spent that entire week reporting on Anna Nicole Smith and did not report on the FACT that Bush lost billions of America's money in Iraq and had no explanation for what happened to the money. But as soon as a Democrat s crews up you better beleave Fox news is all over that story.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]...so get off your high horse.[/QUOTE]

Killa - no high horse intended.  I said in my post that I didn't blame Clinton for those events (except maybe for letting OBL get away), even though they happened on his watch.  I was just proving a point that lefties blame Bush for things beyond his control but don't offer the same criticism towards their own.  But you proved it for me...

[QUOTE]We blame Bush because we hate Bush because we beleave he ran this country into the ground and it is that simple.[/QUOTE]

Copy all!  No responsibility required, you just shove the blame down his throat because you don't like him.

[QUOTE]By the way a few posts back 347 you tried to convince me that Fox News is not one sided and I just want to point out that when Bush and his people lost 4 billion dollars or however much it was in Iraq Fox news spent that entire week reporting on Anna Nicole Smith and did not report on the FACT that Bush lost billions of America's money in Iraq and had no explanation for what happened to the money. But as soon as a Democrat s crews up you better beleave Fox news is all over that story.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Hmmm I refer you to the following oped written on March 17th.  170 billion of the proposed 700 billion bailout package is UNACCOUNTED for.  Any your worried about 4 billion.  Granted all of it should be accounted for, but the current graft and corruption is orders of magnitude beyond what happened in Iraq.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/17/opinion/17tue1.html

Also, how would you know what Fox was reporting?  I thought you didn't watch Fox news?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Bickering over who would have said or done what under some imaginary circumstance is all well and good -- it passes the time we might otherwise spend . . .   oh . . .  I don't know . . .  working -- but it does not further the argument to say "You would have said the same thing if my guy did the same thing." This is what has me so concerned about what the new administration is doing. The retarded spending bill that was ramrodded through without a perfunctory glance because of the "economic emergency" is in the process of creating a bigger "economic emergency." The new messiah conveniently lays all of our problems at the feet of the previous administration, but he is breaking his ankles tripping over EVERY campaign promise he made while much of the Bush administration policy (particularly regarding national security) continues apace. What troubles me about the Bush basher is that he is beginning to sound to me as if he will be perfectly content to lay every bad thing that happens from now until the 12th of never at the feet of W., while the messiah runs his administration as if he is still campaigning and keeps trying to convince us that record unemployment is "job creation" simply because it's not even worse.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Well said PM

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Killa - no high horse intended.  I said in my post that I didn't blame Clinton for those events (except maybe for letting OBL get away), even though they happened on his watch.  I was just proving a point that lefties blame Bush for things beyond his control but don't offer the same criticism towards their own.  But you proved it for me...   First of all I am not a leftie nor am a right wing D bag I vote for who I think will do a better job and it is that simple I don’t let things such as which party a man belongs to affect the way I vote. I don’t hate George W. Bush for being a Republican I hate him for being a horrible president and a moron. For sending young men off to die so him and his VP and all their little frat brothers and friends can get rich. Bush is a evil man and his VP was twice as evil and that’s why I hate them it has nothing to do with them being right wing. And I don’t talk about Clinton because I was not even old enough to vote when he was in the white house so that is why he “gets a pass” because I simply was not old enough to know what I am talking about so I let you old fella’s talk about him.     We blame Bush because we hate Bush because we believe he ran this country into the ground and it is that simple.

Copy all!  No responsibility required, you just shove the blame down his throat because you don't like him.
     You are being thick headed and you seem to be doing it on purpose, the people who don’t like Bush don’t like him for a reason! Its not like a bunch of high school kids who don’t like another kid because he wears the wrong clothes. People don’t just hate Bush for no good reason they hate him for a reason and that is what I meant. I hate him because I just sat through 8 years of him being the worst president in modern history because I had front row seats to him ruining this country because I had to go to my friends funerals when they died in Iraq I hate him for a lot of reasons not just because so that’s why he gets blamed oh and the fact that he deserves all the blame he gets thrown at him! Why don’t you try and talk all this sh*t about what a great man Bush is to someone who has lost a son in the war and see how fast they spit in your face.    Hmmm I refer you to the following oped written on March 17th.  170 billion of the proposed 700 billion bailout package is UNACCOUNTED for.  Any your worried about 4 billion.  Granted all of it should be accounted for, but the current graft and corruption is orders of magnitude beyond what happened in Iraq.  Just like the red team to sweep things under the rug, I bring up a good point about Fox news and Bush and instead of addressing what I said you try and shine the light on Obama. You are right that Obama deserves to be thrown under the bus for losing bailout money no doubt but that is not what we are talking about so instead of trying to change the subject why don’t you actually address what I said. And you also helped prove my point, I said that when Bush lost over 4 billion dollars in Iraq that no one could account for and that Fox news would not even report on this huge story’s but instead tried to distract its views with stupid fluffer news like Anna Nicole Smith but when Obama loses billions of dollars in the bailout Fox news is all over it? But no they are not bias right? Give me a break. Also you do realize that no one would have had to bail anyone out had Bush done his job in the first place right? Obama went with the bailout because he had to make a choice to try and fix Bush’s mess. It was the first thing he did when he went into office so clearly it was Bush’s mess and not Obama but I cant wait to see how you somehow make it not his fault. And I am not giving Obama a break either as I have said in the past I don’t trust any of them what so ever so if Obama f*cks up I wont be shocked nor will I look the other way.   Also, how would you know what Fox was reporting?  I thought you didn't watch Fox news? 

For one Jon Steward of the Daily Show did a report on how obviously Fox was going out of its way to not address the billions of dollars Bush lost in Iraq and I remember that report. And when I was telling a friend of mine about this conversation and about how you tried to say Fox was objective that was the first thing he said so I was just repeating his sentiment. And I don’t watch Fox news or any other net work for that matter. I read CNN.com and I read the paper and sometimes I watch the news but when I do I don’t have a set news channel to watch I just watch who ever is reporting a good story at the given time. And I never listen to any of that talking head BS like Rush Limbaugh either, that is just hate radio.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Ok well your going to have to point me in the direction of the lost money article.  There has been billions spent in Iraq, no doubt.  Military operations cost a lot of money.  I know this first hand.  If Jon Stewart, who has no credibility in my book, is saying money was lost, I say show me.  I don't consider him or his comedy writers a reliable source for news.  We are rebuilding a country over there.  And we're not nickel and dimming it.  We're helping to rebuild their infrastructure, no cheap ticket.  Excuse me, but 4 billion is a drop in the bucket for operations like this.  A complete drop in the bucket!  Uncle Sam sneezes and 10 billion go down the drain regularly.  I think you can give Bush a little slack seeing were dealing with another government.  We can't keep an eye on money we use for ourselves and you expect us to be able to track down every penny when were using it over seas????  Come on, I think Bush deserves a break on this one.  You're not looking at the whole picture.  You're picking convenient facts out of context to prove a point.  I understand you can't stand Bush, but I think it should be looked at a little more objectively to get the full picture.

Talk to you tomorrow

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]  347pg I give Clinton a pass on the '93 WTC bombing only because this type of terrorism was new on US soil. Everything after like your list is inexcusable. We were hit and the Gov't (HA!) should have been ready for more strikes.    As far Bush he was given intel from the outgoing administration and chose to ignore it and brought in his own team that didn't believe airplanes would be used.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok.  I thought you were talking about 9-11

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Are you kidding me 347? It was front page news when it happened, Bush could not account for over 4 billion dollars. John Stewward was not the only one who reported on it, it was front page news everywhere other then Fox news. I shouldnt have to give you a link because it is common knowledge that he lost this money. Gice him a break all you want but it seems to me all you do is give him a  break, let me ask you this, what does he not get a break on? There is no way on earth that you agreed with everything he did so how about you let me know what he doesnt get a pass on because all i have heard from you so far are excuses for why he should not be blamed so please oh please can you tell me what he does not get a pass on? Do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars? lol And by the way incase you have been living in a different country the last 8 years but John Steward and the Daily Show do more real news reporter then half the news stations on the air right now. I am not saying he is to be taken completely seriously all the time but you can not deny that he does call people on their c rap. If a news orginization is nto asking the importent questions the Daily show calls them on it and so on and so forth. More young people in America trust his reporting over almost any other news source. In fact he was a major part in getting young people to vote in this last election. If you will watch Bill Mahar on HBO you shouldnt have a problem with anything John Steward says.

Its funny how you are so quick to give Bush a break for losing billions of dollars on a war we did not NEED to be in but you give Obama sh*t for losing money trying to fix Bush's mess. Talk about one sided, so its ok for the guy you voted for to lose billions of dollars but its not ok when the guy you dont like does it?

And if anyone is not being objective about this whole thing its the right wingers, you have given Bush a pass on everything we have brought to you but you go after Obama for anything and everthing so how is that you being objective? I see the big picture, and its stained with the blood of the young men and women who died in a pointless war. That is what Bush will be remembered for, his legecy, that he started a war by lying to the American people and that lots of people died because of him. Like I said try talking about Bush the way you do in front of someone who has lost a son or daughter in this war and see how fast they spit in your face. Seriously, i can put you in contact with someone, it would be really great to watch you try and talk this "big picture" c rap with someone who has actually lost someone to this war.

Sections
Shortcuts