A Question About the Seymour Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbenner40. Show mbenner40's posts

A Question About the Seymour Trade

If Oakland was willing to give up a 2011 1st-rounder for Richard Seymour, then why wouldn't Carolina be willing to part with Julius Peppers for Seymour.  It seems like if New England offered Carolina that 2011 1st Rounder that the Panthers would at least be receptive to the offer.

It just seems like if Seymour were really on the block, there could've been some options that would've immediately benefitted New England's defense (although I'm content with the 2011 pick, it's almost a little too far thinking ahead for my tastes, though).

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: A Question About the Seymour Trade

Seymore was not on the block. They were not shopping Seymore around the league. Oakland contacted the Pats and made us an offer we couldnt refuse. A 1st rounder for a 30 year old Seymore is such a steal and we couldnt pass that up. No one else in the league would give up a 1st rounder for Seymore except crazy Al Davis so thats why. Also when will the Julius Peppers talk stop? ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN GET OVER IT!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbenner40. Show mbenner40's posts

In Response to Re: A Question About the Seymour Trade:
    [QUOTE]Seymore was not on the block. They were not shopping Seymore around the league. Oakland contacted the Pats and made us an offer we couldnt refuse. A 1st rounder for a 30 year old Seymore is such a steal and we couldnt pass that up. No one else in the league would give up a 1st rounder for Seymore except crazy Al Davis so thats why. Also when will the Julius Peppers talk stop? ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN GET OVER IT!
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

A little testy about the Peppers scenario.....wow....
    I used Peppers b/c he was the obvious example, so chill.  My point was that there might've been a market available for Seymour.  I think it's better that they did the deal rather than not, BUT I was just wanting to throw the question out there about whether there was a potential market for Seymour that could've returned a bit of a more immediate impact defensively.

The 2011 Patriots most likely will not be as good offensively then they are now, and an improvement on defense is needed now more so than ever, so to take one of the better players out of that equation and not get some immediate relief leads to someone having to post the question as to whether or not an offer could've developed with players and picks rather than one pick in two years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

I gotta side with killa on this one. I wish the Peppers scenarios would just stop. Even as an example. Also, could the "Terrence Nunn needs to be on the roster" talk stop. Every team in the league could have claimed him off waivers. They all passed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In Response to A Question About the Seymour Trade:
    [QUOTE]If Oakland was willing to give up a 2011 1st-rounder for Richard Seymour, then why wouldn't Carolina be willing to part with Julius Peppers for Seymour.  It seems like if New England offered Carolina that 2011 1st Rounder that the Panthers would at least be receptive to the offer. It just seems like if Seymour were really on the block, there could've been some options that would've immediately benefitted New England's defense (although I'm content with the 2011 pick, it's almost a little too far thinking ahead for my tastes, though). Thoughts?
    Posted by mbenner40[/QUOTE]

Assuming the Panthers were willing, would you today trade that same 2011 1st-round pick for Peppers ?

Sections
Shortcuts