I hear mumbling this morning wondering why there is such jubilation and excitement regarding last nights win. I watched the game and as a realist, I have to admit this team still has a long way to go. The offense got itself into a couple 3 and out situations and wasn’t firing on all cylinders. The defense was getting moved on at will with huge chunks of yards getting torn out of them that never stopped until Henne did something stupid and decided to push things rather than staying safe.
However, I am still filled with joy this morning and very excited for this team. Why? Because:
1. 1. The Pats took advantage of mistakes at almost every opportunity.
2. 2. The Pats defense was swarming, hitting harder and getting very good pressure on their QB.
3. 3. The Pats played angry, like they had serious chips on their shoulders.
4. 4. The gel of this young team got a little thicker last night.
5. 5. The Pats stomped a mudhole in a team in a stadium we have a proven track record of not doing well against.
6. 6. The Pats made a very big statement.
7. 7. I saw Brady near the end of the game on the sidelines as fired up as I’ve ever seen him and yet still wearing a big chip.
If you consider yourself a Pats fan and don’t find yourself excited after last night, you might want to get your pulse checked.