A road less traveled...would you draft one of these players?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Re: A road less traveled...would you draft one of these players?

I would draft Watkins for sure in the 30-40 range.  I'm ok with him being 26 too, since most Pats draft picks don't go beyond they're rookie contracts with the occasional franchise tag year added on.  If he provides a Mankins-like presence at LG for 5-6 years I'm good with that. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

killa,
    Some good info here.  I'd have to say Watkins is far an away the best player of the group with the potential to go in Rd 1, but overall is a top 40 player, IMO.

I love Harbaugh's Stanford kids as they all seem to be tough, smart well coached players.

Coughlin certainly fits the mold of a BB late round flier with upside.

As for Lockette, the issue with him seems to have been intelligence which doesn't bode well when trying to adapt to a complex pro offense.  He also wasn't that productive in college, so for me, he's purely a speed guy. 

I remember Rouse from way back in the day.  Congrats to him if he was able to turn his life around and you can never say never when it comes to URFA or camp invites.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I had posted about lockette a few weeks ago and i still think he would be a good selection.  a few other players whom might interest you guys as late round prospects:

5th Round -Justin Rogers CB (Richmond) 5’10” 182
    5th Round -Deron Mayo OLB (ODU) 6’2” 229 4.37

6th Round Andrew Jackson OG/OT (Fresno State) 6’5” 295

7th round - #212 David Mims OT (Virginia Union) 6’8” 348

UDFA Mike Coughlin, QB, (Boise State) 6’5” 212

Blaine Sumner DT (Colorado Mines) 6’1” 355

Marc Schiechl DE/OLB (Colorado Mines) 6’2” 255 4.65

Dane Sanzenbacher WR (The Ohio State University)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: A road less traveled...would you draft one of these players?:
    I had posted about lockette a few weeks ago and i still think he would be a good selection.  a few other players whom might interest you guys as late round prospects: 5 th Round - Justin Rogers CB (Richmond) 5’10” 182 5th Round - Deron Mayo OLB (ODU) 6’2” 229 4.37 6th Round Andrew Jackson OG/OT (Fresno State) 6’5” 295 7 th round - #212 David Mims OT (Virginia Union) 6’8” 348 UDFA Mike Coughlin , QB, (Boise State) 6’5” 212            Blaine Sumner DT (Colorado Mines) 6’1” 355            Marc Schiechl DE/OLB (Colorado Mines) 6’2” 255 4.65            Dane Sanzenbacher WR (The Ohio State University)
    Posted by natesubs

Andrew Jackson has been one of my most favored OG prospects in this entire draft...He'll go in the 4th imo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

what was rouse's production at his final stop? i would think it would have to be off the charts for anyone to really consider drafting him. to me he sounds like a guy ticketed to the UFL, maybe he'll generate some interest there.
    watkins will be at a worst a second round pick. i wouldnt be surprised to see the pats draft him actually, although i would much rather focus on interior O-line. but with BB you just never know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i'm all for taking a late round risk rather than the usual big body camp fodder. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

'killa... if you can find these potential gems in the wilderness, I would have to think BB and his think tank have too.  Of the lot, Watkins and Phillips would be worth the risk as that is where the Pats need the most help from this type of group.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

The only way I'll be really pissed is if they take old man Watkins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Killa, cool thread on some under the radar folks. I did google Rouse, and I would absoloutely take a late round shot on him. I never broke into a house but as far as some other indiscretions (failing a drug test for marijuanna) why should we judge him for actions when he was a kid growing up? (granted that was only a few years ago) But how many of us are stil the same person we were in our younger days? How many of us have looked at some young fool growing up and said "there, but for the grace of God go I."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

MVP Killa, here is the potential dilemma,  what each and everyone of us see out here and hope for or wish for can possibly add up to great players or great additions to the team. I think what this Patriot Fan FOrum needs is a spy in or around the BB home and office to see who he is looking at. Now I know this sounds highly impossible but, we have a better chance with that then trying to figure who he might pick.
    Nice job by the way!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Fred Rouse:  Breaking and entering?  No!  If nothing else, this guy has 90% of the sense God gave vegetables.
    Danny Watkins:  His arm length is 34 1/4", not great but not terrible.  I've seen better.  Maybe.
    Ricardo Lockette:  The guy flunked his SAT scores.  No, not on a BB team.
    Andrew Phillips:  All I really know is that he's smart and went to Stanford.  Just for that, Yes. 
    Coughlin:  Remember that Cassel got stiffed at a really good quarterback mill, so Cassel came into college with great high school bloodlines.  Boise State is different.  It's better than being the backup quarterback for MIT, but somehow I don't expect Boise State to have two draftable NFL quarterbacks. So my instinct is no.  If a good body was all it took to make the NFL at QB, then Steve Neal would have tried out for QB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

I agree on a couple....but would like to add...

Richard Sherman  DB stanford.

Courtney Smith...wr Alabama..

Would like seeing them at least have a f/a tryout after the draft,,,,Ill bet one or both make practice squad...

Sections
Shortcuts