A shame they lost it after that truly great historic comeback... but every D will fear this team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

A shame they lost it after that truly great historic comeback... but every D will fear this team

If you think teams fear playing Peyton Manning I expect after that truly historic comeback every D will fear playing this O. ANd they didnt have Gronk. And Hernandez dropped so many balls it is amazing they were able to do what they did.

Guys, if you were there (and didnt leave - we never leave until it is over) you will never forget it. If not for that kick return I think we finish what we started. In any case it was a truly amazing thing to watch. Brady earned the MVP in my book with that game.

On the other hand, you have the Jets showing just how truly bad they are. Which is unfortunate as it might mean Rex or Sanchez or Tannen will go. And we have come to appreciate that wonderful trio.

The Giants also showed just how lucky they have been in the last few years as they looked every bit the mediocre team they are.

But back to the Pats. The special teams were HORRIBLE. The D had a bit of a roller coaster of play... a number of really good series but too many big pass plays and too many pounding yards on the ground. And the O shot themselves in the foot... and the nose... and the arm... Hernandez, Ridley... not able to hold on to the ball. And yet the O had the most dominating 15 minutes played by any team in the past couple of years. They are deadly. Brady is deadly. MVP.

Winning in Denver in the playoffs will be VERY VERY difficult for any team including the Patriots. Having to go their and not having a by is not a good way to go. But they dug their hole. Still, if any team can pull this off it is Brady and the Pats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: A shame they lost it after that truly great historic comeback... but every D will fear this team

In response to portfolio1's comment:

If you think teams fear playing Peyton Manning I expect after that truly historic comeback every D will fear playing this O. ANd they didnt have Gronk. And Hernandez dropped so many balls it is amazing they were able to do what they did.

Guys, if you were there (and didnt leave - we never leave until it is over) you will never forget it. If not for that kick return I think we finish what we started. In any case it was a truly amazing thing to watch. Brady earned the MVP in my book with that game.

On the other hand, you have the Jets showing just how truly bad they are. Which is unfortunate as it might mean Rex or Sanchez or Tannen will go. And we have come to appreciate that wonderful trio.

The Giants also showed just how lucky they have been in the last few years as they looked every bit the mediocre team they are.

But back to the Pats. The special teams were HORRIBLE. The D had a bit of a roller coaster of play... a number of really good series but too many big pass plays and too many pounding yards on the ground. And the O shot themselves in the foot... and the nose... and the arm... Hernandez, Ridley... not able to hold on to the ball. And yet the O had the most dominating 15 minutes played by any team in the past couple of years. They are deadly. Brady is deadly. MVP.

Winning in Denver in the playoffs will be VERY VERY difficult for any team including the Patriots. Having to go their and not having a by is not a good way to go. But they dug their hole. Still, if any team can pull this off it is Brady and the Pats.

I agree with this. Too bad we'll never know.

The special teams really hurt us last night. First time I've ever seen 3 penalties (maybe 4) on punts/kickoffs.

Still in a good mood, though, for all the reasons you mention above. Hope Dennard's injury isn't too bad.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Re: A shame they lost it after that truly great historic comeback... but every D will fear this team

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

The special teams really hurt us last night. First time I've ever seen 3 penalties (maybe 4) on punts/kickoffs.

Still in a good mood, though, for all the reasons you mention above. Hope Dennard's injury isn't too bad.

Somebody, I forget who, posted that he was on a stationary bike during the game so I too hope all is well with him. I don't want to see Arrington nowhere near those #1 or #2 CB spots. Anybody hear any news regarding a fine to the 49ER O-lineman?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Figures. Jests lose on national tv, and who immediatey shows up and starts talking smack? LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

well I know ONE d that won't  :  )

hint: the one you and BB and Brady pray they don't see in a SB again

We dont have to pray, because that NY combo will never be there again. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Figures. Jests lose on national tv, and who immediatey shows up and starts talking smack? LOL

who?

Chomp

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

We dont have to pray, because that NY combo will never be there again. 

uh huh...i'll know they are there just be seeing brady's face go ashen white when he sees their D line-once i see that look i'll know jinst are there  : )

You realize that this macho smack talk crap youre posting tonight just confirms everything I say about you? And every time one of us sets a trap you bite on it. Ive done it to you many times, and you never fail to fall into it. Just like clockwork. You need this to make yourself feel superior. You were dragging butt after getting it handed to you yesterday, so "hey, I know. Go to the Pats forum, talk smack about the SB, and that'll make me feel better about myself and my team." Your act is lame, and none of us are afraid of your Midgets. This aint 2007, and it aint last year. Bring it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

Somebody, I forget who, posted that he was on a stationary bike during the game so I too hope all is well with him. I don't want to see Arrington nowhere near those #1 or #2 CB spots. Anybody hear any news regarding a fine to the 49ER O-lineman?

hey rod, you need to add one facrt.

dennard is good as a man to man defender. in zone he aint so good. bb switched to zone this game (last 2 we played more man to man and teh de showed what it can do) and palyed it all game. harbaugh abused it. one play harbaugh even designed so that we had 1 man, dennard on 2 sf wrs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

If Pats do end up having to go into Denver then I really think we will see some home town harry bad officiating. All the sentiment will be with Horsehead trying to get him into another Superbowl and how great it will be for him to come back from that injury with a new team and lead them to a superbowl. Flags will be flying like the 4th of July everytime a Pats defender gets anywhere near a Broncos wide receiver or goes near Horsehead.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

If Pats do end up having to go into Denver then I really think we will see some home town harry bad officiating. All the sentiment will be with Horsehead trying to get him into another Superbowl and how great it will be for him to come back from that injury with a new team and lead them to a superbowl. Flags will be flying like the 4th of July everytime a Pats defender gets anywhere near a Broncos wide receiver or goes near Horsehead.

Your scribe is the best, I mean really the best, I read in a long long time.  Keep up the good work!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

who?

the Dimwit

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Maybe for most teams, but the most recent loss shows that if one can get to brady and cover - and you can keep the game close, then one has a good chance in beating this team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

game orchestrated?

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could it be that the outcome of the game was orchestrated?  I think so.  Normally one would not notice, enjoy the show and shrug. But Brady is so good he nearly won despite the puppeteers, forcing them to go to extremes to tip the scales.  So extreme that we noticed.

Given that the NFL has put so much of the game in the judgement of officials, why wouldn't they do so if they believed it was good for business?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

Maybe for most teams, but the most recent loss shows that if one can get to brady and cover - and you can keep the game close, then one has a good chance in beating this team.

While you are certainly right about this the critical difference with this team is that they can run the ball and have a set of good TEs that also can help in the running game - especially when Gronk is healthy. So this year what we have seen is that if the D does all you say but cant stop the run or has to give up the run to get to Brady and to cover at the same time then Brady runs it down their throats. SF CAN stop the run. SO they are a real challenge for anyone including this team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

You are weak. Because your team is weak. THey are 8-6 and have a fair shot at not even MAKING the playoffs! Get real. All really good teams have clinched a playoff spot by now. The Giants are mediocre. THey have a deep passing game and a pass rush. In 2007 and 2011 they got realllly lucky. Well. Hard to get lucky if you are sitting in front of a TV set. But that might be good for you because maybe you can do that with your friends on the team.

Come back when the GIants actually EARN an NFC title and EARN a SB victory. THey are THE worst championship team in recent memory. You might have to go all the way back to the NY Jets to find a team as mediocre that got there. Have fun watching the Pats...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

There may not be a D in the NFL that can stop the Pats offense when firing on all cylinders.  This was evidenced Sunday night in spite of all the supposed "soft D" comments made about the 49'ers.  If anything, that 49'ers D wanted to prove it could stop the Pats O throughout the game and they couldn't.  The Pats at their A game on both sides of the ball could make them the best team in the NFL.  If all teams in the NFL played their A games, IMHO, Pats win them all!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Not this year Jints... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

I agree that if SF did not return that kick to our 35 yard line we would have pulled the game out. The defense didn't really play as bad as people think in my opinion.  SF only scored on two drives that they started on their side of the field.  Two of their drives started on our twelve and three yard line respectively.  Pats scoring drives were all pretty long drives against the best defense in the league.  Pats scored almost their average, while SF gave up twenty points over their average. Turnovers just killed us and special teams also.  The secondary played poor also most of the time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd much rather have a bye, but a young team may need some momentum and chemistry that is built by winning multiple playoff games in a row (assuming they can do that). The hardest part will be having to play on the road (something they didn't have to worry about last year) - that really worries me...dealing with the noise and unfavorable calls a road team ends up with, etc.

Hey, the Giants won both their Super Bowls that way and it's not like these young players need to rest their legs like some of the older teams we've had. I like this offense - once Gronk gets back I think we will be diverse enough to get past most defenses. I also like the fact that we've had to play against some very very tough defenses over the last month...it's good training for what they'll be facing. What I don't like is some of the things our defense has shown all season (lack of a pass rush, thin on the d line, linebackers that can't cover, safeties that are too late to react to things). Having said that, our corner situation looks a little better and if Wilfork can play like he did against Houston it will hide/cover up most any problem the defense has. 

Sections
Shortcuts