A Sublime BB Press Conference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

A Sublime BB Press Conference

Everything is nothing, nothing is everything, somewhere is nowhere, nowhere is somewhere, BB twists, turns, evades, refocuses discussions in their proper context, masterful and sublime. 

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/video/patriots_team/?bctid=1757923243001

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

Re: A Sublime BB Press Conference

It is what it is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

And sometimes it is what it isnt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It is what it is when it isn't what it was!!

And why isn't there a thread about BB's clothes.  Has anyone not noticed that none of his sleeves have been cut on the new Nike gear.  What's up with that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

Its spelled out on my profile pick by BB

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Watching a light bulb hoping to see it when it burns out is more exciting than watching a BB press conference, and has a far greater likelihood of producing a memorable moment.

BB acts like he is involved with the Illuminati rather than an NFL team. Love the guy but his entertainment value in these is zilch.

An NFL color guy he will not be after he retires.

Example:

Announcer Bud: Johnson takes the pitchout to the right side, he turns the corner, he breaks a tackle, breaks another, he's free down the sideline, this is a big gainer folks, one man left to beat, he's hit, but maintains his balance, he tightropes the line, HE SCORES!!! 73 yards for the Touchdown!!!!! Lordy Lou, what do you say to that Bill?

BB: He showed some improvement over his last carry Bud.

Announcer Bud: Wow Bill, you must have been really impressed. You usually don't gush like that over a play! Amazing!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In Response to Re: A Sublime BB Press Conference:
    Watching a light bulb hoping to see it when it burns out is more exciting than watching a BB press conference, and has a far greater likelihood of producing a memorable moment. BB acts like he is involved with the Illuminati rather than an NFL team. Love the guy but his entertainment value in these is zilch. An NFL color guy he will not be after he retires. Example: Announcer Bud: Johnson takes the pitchout to the right side, he turns the corner, he breaks a tackle, breaks another, he's free down the sideline, this is a big gainer folks, one man left to beat, he's hit, but maintains his balance, he tightropes the line, HE SCORES!!! 73 yards for the Touchdown!!!!! Lordy Lou, what do you say to that Bill? BB: He showed some improvement over his last carry Bud. Announcer Bud: Wow Bill, you must have been really impressed. You usually don't gush like that over a play! Amazing!
    Posted by BabeParilli

Well, if you really listen to the video, he really does say something. It just that often the questions he is asked are not up to his intelligence level so he avoids them or refocuses the discussion to what is important. At other times he deflects the discussion but answers through not answering. Masterful, sublime.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I really don't pay any attention to Bill's pres conferences anymore, he tells you absolutely nothing. I've seen him praise players on the roster and then cut them ten minutes later. He won't answer even the simplest of questions and you will get nothing of importance out of these conferences. I really don't see why they even bother having them anymore, they are completely useless. As long as we win I don't care, but when your team starts to lose you need some kind of entertainment as a fan....Parcells would give you that...his press conferences were most times better than the actual game. I'd rather have BB of course, but there is no entertainment value with him what so ever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In Response to Re: A Sublime BB Press Conference:
    I really don't pay any attention to Bill's pres conferences anymore, he tells you absolutely nothing. I've seen him praise players on the roster and then cut them ten minutes later. He won't answer even the simplest of questions and you will get nothing of importance out of these conferences. I really don't see why they even bother having them anymore, they are completely useless. As long as we win I don't care, but when your team starts to lose you need some kind of entertainment as a fan....Parcells would give you that...his press conferences were most times better than the actual game. I'd rather have BB of course, but there is no entertainment value with him what so ever.
    Posted by mthurl

What Bill continually communicates is the essence of team philosophy: hard work, sacrifice, the noble cause and the chance of perpetual improvement. It is really a dance between him and the interviewers and is defined by his subtlety. If Bill praises a player excessively perhaps it is a way of him paying his last respects before the player is cut. In the interview above he praises Stallworth's hard work, setting an example via leadership and his moral force of having turned his life around. If Stallworth is cut in camp, we will know for sure that he said his goodbyes in this interview. I think it is possible to decifer what Bill is saying but one needs a code book along with a guide to Zen to sometimes get it all. Bill's conferences are the perfect compliment to Laz's posts! 

Sections
Shortcuts