A TE?????????????/

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

A TE?????????????/

What kind of draft is this!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

Re: A TE?????????????/

the TE is out of leftfield, but this is a get younger on offense draft.  great players sliding because of the run on defensive players.  love solder cannon dowling and ridley.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

In Response to Re: A TE?????????????/:
    [QUOTE]the TE is out of leftfield, but this is a get younger on offense draft.  great players sliding because of the run on defensive players.  love solder cannon dowling and ridley.
    Posted by hagen910[/QUOTE]

They sound pretty good but we had one of the top O's and one of the worst D's....I think we need some help with our D!?!?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

It was mentioned that LEE is a better inline blocker, allowing Hernandez and Gronk to stretch the field a bit better. (?)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Guys on the NFL network loved the pick. Said Lee Smith is the best inline blocker at TE in the entire draft, so much so that some scouts/coaches have given thought to putting some weight on him and making him a tackle. Also has soft hands, just not a lot of speed. Crumpler is nearing the end of his career -- Lee Smith will be filling Crumpler's role for hopefully many years to come in NE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I think at this point in the draft, BB is just drafting the best person available. Lee is also said to be the best blocking TE in the draft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

also for those clamoring for a big wr.. remember hernandez is more of a te/hback hybrid and can be moved outside for the tall wr everyone is clamoring for, or moved inside to match up vs lb.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

What would a Patriots draft be without a TE?  Don't they draft one (or more) every year?

I think BB sees this guy as a practice squad guy who will be groomed to play a role similar to Crumpler's or even to be a left tackle (much like Steve Maneri is being trained to play tackle).

Not a pick that wows me, but again, it looks to me like BB doesn't really love the talent in this draft and is therefore taking some gambles in the hope of finding an overlooked diamond in the rough somewhere . . . 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

He can also long snap, could be BB is looking into saving a roster space by not having a guy just for long-snapping.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]He can also long snap, could be BB is looking into saving a roster space by not having a guy just for long-snapping.
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]

That makes him even more interesting.  With Jake Ingram being let go last year, BB may want to replace the long snapper.  Remember Mike Bartrum?  He was a TE/LS too . . .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

He's a Crumpler replacement. A blocking TE. Crump is probably gone after camp. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Good pick actually.  I'm hoping Crump sticks around for another year because this guys shares the same kind of size and blocking ability and could learn alot under his tutelage. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]Good pick actually.  I'm hoping Crump sticks around for another year because this guys shares the same kind of size and blocking ability and could learn alot under his tutelage. 
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]
    agreed! good post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

he is def the crumpler replacement for the future. this draft was clearly all about the future of the offense, and this stuck with that philosophy. since its clear that was the idea for this draft, this pick makes some sense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I doubt Crumpler is gone after Camp, Benny has him to thank for that 1,000 yard season he just had. They will carry 4 TEs and 4 RBs as opposed to 3 TEs and 5 RBs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to A TE?????????????/:
    [QUOTE]What kind of draft is this!!!!!!!
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

how much longer do you think alge crumpler has left?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A TE?????????????/ : They sound pretty good but we had one of the top O's and one of the worst D's....I think we need some help with our D!?!?
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

there must be a method to the madness, in bill we trust

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE] Lee is also said to be the best blocking TE in the draft.
    Posted by NoahJustin[/QUOTE]

yep, it should be a seamless transition when crumpler is done.

Sections
Shortcuts