A THINKING MAN'S FOOTBALL PLAY (BOTH SIDES)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

A THINKING MAN'S FOOTBALL PLAY (BOTH SIDES)

maurice-jones-drew-ap.jpg
    This illustrates the FACT that there is a something said for improvisation.  Even when most modern day ballers would've raced into the end zone for personal glory, MJD was thinking what was best for his team. 

In contrast, New Yorks coaching staff was also thinking ahead about what was the most advantageous move for them.  A game of chess, and MJD found check mate.  It's truly unfortunate, that the PATS were handicapped on Sunday by a lack of forethought. 

Before you all start ripping me.  I don't mind the decision to go for it on 4th and 2( I have a problem with the play selection on that play and the one prior), my problem is with them having absolutely no backup plan.  They "froze" in shock because they failed to convert.  They have to be better than that...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Re: A THINKING MAN'S FOOTBALL PLAY (BOTH SIDES)

Peter King article regarding the play in question.  Very Insightful...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/11/15/mmqb/index.html

Sections
Shortcuts