A. Thomas just doesn't get it!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

A. Thomas just doesn't get it!

“I can’t figure out what Bill thinks or knows,’’ Thomas said. “I don’t know. I promise you I don’t. I’m dumbfounded. I really don’t try to figure it out. Whatever I’m told to do, that’s what I do.’’

Hey A.D., it's not for you to know what BB thinks or knows, you just accept it without question.  So what if it was snowing, you were worried about getting into and accident? Or killing someone on the road?  'When BB says make it on time to a meeting, that's exactly what you do!  Get it!  Or we seeing eye to eye yet A.D.!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: A. Thomas just doesn't get it!

ship him out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

His name from now until he leaves is ADIOS Thomas.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

In Response to Re: A. Thomas just doesn't get it!:
    His name from now until he leaves is ADIOS Thomas.
    Posted by harleyroadking103

Harley....I like it!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to A. Thomas just doesn't get it!:
    “I can’t figure out what Bill thinks or knows,’’ Thomas said. “I don’t know. I promise you I don’t. I’m dumbfounded. I really don’t try to figure it out. Whatever I’m told to do, that’s what I do.’’ Hey A.D., it's not for you to know what BB thinks or knows, you just accept it without question.  So what if it was snowing, you were worried about getting into and accident? Or killing someone on the road?  'When BB says make it on time to a meeting, that's exactly what you do!  Get it!  Or we seeing eye to eye yet A.D.!!
    Posted by BBRULES23

I think Belichick made it clear that timeliness was a huge deal.  For him to be late even after the coach said this really comes off the wrong way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]“I can’t figure out what Bill thinks or knows,’’ Thomas said. “I don’t know. I promise you I don’t. I’m dumbfounded. I really don’t try to figure it out. Whatever I’m told to do, that’s what I do.’’ Hey A.D., it's not for you to know what BB thinks or knows, you just accept it without question.  So what if it was snowing, you were worried about getting into and accident? Or killing someone on the road?  'When BB says make it on time to a meeting, that's exactly what you do!  Get it!  Or we seeing eye to eye yet A.D.!!
    Posted by BBRULES23[/QUOTE]

I guess Kraft should be paying you instead of the guy who won us three Super Bowls.  Don't question Belichick!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kickwax. Show kickwax's posts

I actually think BB is wrong on this one.  Fine the guys, but knock it back for the weather, then make an example of them by putting everyone on notice that this will not happen in the future.  But, no real world work, would have a problem with being 15 minutes late on a day like that.  Sometimes it is out of your control.

The problem with the Pats is coaching...particularly the offensive coordinator, they are predictable and keep throwing out what has worked in the first half to go spread in the second half.  The coordinator is doing too much to involve RM and the long threat instead of what the opponent will give you.   He refuses to grind in the second half and that is how you win games.

BB has to take the points on the 4th down play away...at home you consider going for it, on the road take the sure 3.

The defense (except against NO) has been decent, the offense has not met expectations...and Maroney is carrying the ball the way I want him to...its a play call thing in my opinion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I think BB brought in some bad eggs.  I don't like Thomas.  He has NEVER earned his salary.  And I don't like Burgess. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I actually think BB is wrong on this one.  Fine the guys, but knock it back for the weather, then make an example of them by putting everyone on notice that this will not happen in the future.  But, no real world work, would have a problem with being 15 minutes late on a day like that.  Sometimes it is out of your control. The problem with the Pats is coaching...particularly the offensive coordinator, they are predictable and keep throwing out what has worked in the first half to go spread in the second half.  The coordinator is doing too much to involve RM and the long threat instead of what the opponent will give you.   He refuses to grind in the second half and that is how you win games. BB has to take the points on the 4th down play away...at home you consider going for it, on the road take the sure 3. The defense (except against NO) has been decent, the offense has not met expectations...and Maroney is carrying the ball the way I want him to...its a play call thing in my opinion.
    Posted by kickwax[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. Maybe BB should resign for going for it on 4th and short vs. kicking a FG for 3 pts.  Instead the LOST the game because of that stupid, stupid  decision.  Back to basics BB....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Nice call HRK. 

I don't think this defense is for everyone. I think it's too complicated to comprehend for some people like "Adios" and they just don't get it. This guy should be a stud with his name being called out every possession and you hardly hear his name for weeks. Colvin was the same way, not smart enough to pick it up.

Kickwax, do you think a timeout would have worked? Days like that build character and it demonstrates your dedication to the team. Showing up late when everyone else made it on time is insulting to the coach and your teammates. It's not like everyone coming from one direction was late. Set your alarm clock earlier like the rest of the team did and get your azz there on time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

Adios Thomas will probably go down as one of the biggest FA flops in Patriots history.  What a waste.  All he does is take up valuable space on defense.  I'll bet BB can't wait to dump this salary sucker. 

The thing I'll remember most about AD is.....ummm.....ummm.....ah the hell with it, when you start playing something approaching the huge amount of money the patriots OVERPAID for you, you can run your @#$%.  At this point, Barrack Obama's stimulus plan makes more sense than the money the patriots wasted on you. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]“I can’t figure out what Bill thinks or knows,’’ Thomas said. “I don’t know. I promise you I don’t. I’m dumbfounded. I really don’t try to figure it out. Whatever I’m told to do, that’s what I do.’’ Hey A.D., it's not for you to know what BB thinks or knows, you just accept it without question.  So what if it was snowing, you were worried about getting into and accident? Or killing someone on the road?  'When BB says make it on time to a meeting, that's exactly what you do!  Get it!  Or we seeing eye to eye yet A.D.!!
    Posted by BBRULES23[/QUOTE]

Thomas is correct. BB is responsible for terrible personnel moves and some horrendous coaching decisions, all with characteristic arrogance, then pulls some cheap motivational ploy like penalizing non-star players for being a few minutes late because of a snow storm. Hey, Bill...when Butler was yukking it up with Peyton Manning after the Colts' fiasco on national tv...what did you do to him? If Brady was late, which ball of his would you kiss while making an excuse for the guy? The act has grown tired. The new players do not have the "Patriot Way" nor NFL talent. The free agent pickups were aging re-treads. The draft trade-downs accumulated picks for extra mediocrities and long snappers, while the teams that traded up are taking future ProBowlers with our picks(Oher and Matthews). Tiger was once the invincible man and is now a cartoon character...BB is going down that road. Grow up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

As an experienced veteran, Thomas should know that he shouldn't whine like a rookie. If he wants to criticize Bill, he should save it for the obligatory tell-it-all-book after he retires.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]As an experienced veteran, Thomas should know that he shouldn't whine like a rookie. If he wants to criticize Bill, he should save it for the obligatory tell-it-all-book after he retires.
    Posted by Yapple[/QUOTE]

Maybe yes, maybe no. Granted, he has underperformed.....but sometimes one does need to tell the boss he's wrong.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A. Thomas just doesn't get it! : Maybe yes, maybe no. Granted, he has underperformed.....but sometimes one does need to tell the boss he's wrong.....
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Yes, but you express your thoughts to the boss behind close doors, not in front of others, and definitely not in front of the public.  According to Reiss, BB put all players on notice Monday that he wanted everyone to come in early and stay late from now on.  He basically told them to start putting in more hours.  Adios Thomas should have been trying to get in there by 7 anyway.  You have to put in into context.  Not only was he late, but he was also ignoring BB's "advice" to come in early in the first place.

Why don't I have any pity for someone who makes a 7-digit salary and has a problem arriving to work by 8?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"Maybe yes, maybe no. Granted, he has underperformed.....but sometimes one does need to tell the boss he's wrong....."

Maybe yes, maybe no. This is football. It's not an office or a factory. It's not a democracy. Even if Thomas performed like someone who is making millions and occasionally made plays like the double sack against the Jerks when he brought down Bretty Boop and Washington with one arm tied behind his back, he still wouldn't be entitled to challenge the coach's methods. At least not in public.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

This latest episode is just one more nail in the coffin.  Adalius mentally checked out of Patriot Place weeks ago when Belichick benched him.  It's pretty obvious from his comments then and now that he and Belichick have no use for each other.  Pretty sad that he's been there only huge foray into free agency the past few yrs and this is how it ends up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Adalius was right about one thing that Noone on this board has given him ANY credit for:  People Can't Fly.  Sure you can leave home 10 minutes earlier, but IF Belichick actually asked AD to "sprout wings and fly" like Thomas contends, man, that just ain't right. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]Adios Thomas will probably go down as one of the biggest FA flops in Patriots history.  What a waste.  All he does is take up valuable space on defense.  I'll bet BB can't wait to dump this salary sucker.  The thing I'll remember most about AD is.....ummm.....ummm.....ah the hell with it, when you start playing something approaching the huge amount of money the patriots OVERPAID for you, you can run your @#$%.  At this point, Barrack Obama's stimulus plan makes more sense than the money the patriots wasted on you. 
    Posted by vapatfan1[/QUOTE]

Lay off on the politics.  This is a sports forum.  You want the editorial section.  LAY OFF ON THE POLITICS!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Funny how a guy with a starting job earlier in the year comes in late but a guy who could be surfing and is a part timer always shows up at 6 am to lift weights according to all reports.

Adios definetly does not get it.
    And obviously did not get it when BB brought Junior back which IMHO was exactly for this type of stuff.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]I actually think BB is wrong on this one.  Fine the guys, but knock it back for the weather, then make an example of them by putting everyone on notice that this will not happen in the future.  But, no real world work, would have a problem with being 15 minutes late on a day like that.  Sometimes it is out of your control. The problem with the Pats is coaching...particularly the offensive coordinator, they are predictable and keep throwing out what has worked in the first half to go spread in the second half.  The coordinator is doing too much to involve RM and the long threat instead of what the opponent will give you.   He refuses to grind in the second half and that is how you win games. BB has to take the points on the 4th down play away...at home you consider going for it, on the road take the sure 3. The defense (except against NO) has been decent, the offense has not met expectations...and Maroney is carrying the ball the way I want him to...its a play call thing in my opinion.
    Posted by kickwax[/QUOTE]
    He is just trying to paint himself as the victim bacause of the weather.  The other 100 people that showed up on time managed the weather.  If half were late I would say, OK weather was bad, but 4 people late...BS.  If you and everybody else showed up to work on time, and one guy comes in 10 minutes late and says the weather was bad what would you think.  You'd think he was full of crap because he is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Adios Thomas will probably go down as one of the biggest FA flops in Patriots history.  What a waste.  All he does is take up valuable space on defense.  I'll bet BB can't wait to dump this salary sucker.  The thing I'll remember most about AD is.....ummm.....ummm.....ah the hell with it, when you start playing something approaching the huge amount of money the patriots OVERPAID for you, you can run your @#$%.  At this point, Barrack Obama's stimulus plan makes more sense than the money the patriots wasted on you. 
    Posted by vapatfan1[/QUOTE]
    Suprised you could type this not with your tongue up Glenn Becks @$$.  See?  That's what happens when you bring politics into it, I insult your lover.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Just another IDIOT making too much money for doing nothing. These morons make way toooo much money.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NotOver. Show NotOver's posts

Dump Thomas.  Mike Vrabel shoulda been kept . shoulda woulda
    Vrabel had guts and could get people fired up.
    Thomas is a sulking bag of toxic waste