A. Thomas to MLB?? why not?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

A. Thomas to MLB?? why not?

dont just release him...no trade value/4.9 mill this season. Why not use him at mlb? Its just a ? by the way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: A. Thomas to MLB?? why not?

If he stays it would not be a bad idea except he would not be a starter and probably grow more and more disruptive in the locker room. 
    I truly believe Mayo and McKenzie are the starting MLBs.  He can be used as depth but that's an expensive 2nd string LB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I have more of a chance of being on the Patriots 53 man roster in September than Adalius Thomas does. 

Bob Kraft has spoken extensively this offseason about chemistry/leadership issues last year, and it's clear that Thomas was the focus of his comments.  Some of his teammates have commented on it too.  That is going to be a focus of this offseason and Thomas will be a big part of that change.  The only question is whether he will be traded or released.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Darn I thought you were suggesting trading him to the Yankees or another MLB team. Now that would be interesting and much more likely than trading a 1st round pick for Steve Smith.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I was thinking maybe he would be a good DH if he worked at it... I don't see him playing defense...(a little inside joke there).

Patriots won't be able to trade him unless durring training camp someone has an injury issue and inquires about him. Even then I don't see us getting more then a conditional 3rd rounder for him.

I think the uncapped year works in the Patriots favor because they will wait to release him at the last moment.

Heard on ESPN, and also from several members of the media that he is not considered a good LB. He is ranked very low over his career (no arguments here)... Maybe Ray Lewis was right when he said Adaeus Thomas Who?... and that pains me because I don't like Ray but he is one of the top 10 NFL LB's all time. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Freeway555. Show Freeway555's posts

I'm just really high but when I first read it and I saw MLB I thought you meant baseball for a second, I was like what the f#ck he would blow at baseball...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Dont see him on the team ... theyll see if they can package him during the draft - thats when alot of teams will be looking to be more active on a trade scenarios. Patriots have leverage with so many picks that theyll include thomas in one of the deals - A team thats high on one particular player in the draft will have to incur the cost of Thomas contract. If he isnt moved during the draft he will be released.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

The problem with AT is his salary. Plenty of teams would like to have his services but not at $4.9 mill per year, especially given how he's been dogging it here for the past two years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

ZERO chance N.E. gets a 3rd round pick for a guy that's been at best ineffective; at worst, just flat-out dogging it, for two years now. Teams understand the Patriots dilemma and are simply waiting for his release.
    He's been a colossal disappointment and quite honestly, I don't wanna see the Pats do him any favors by just letting him go. On the other hand, he's got more than one year left so it's a problem. But I'd rather go with young guys, draft picks, etc..@ the OLB position next year. Perhaps they'll play with some fire and act as if they really give a damn.
    The MLB suggestion is not the worst one in the world. A few years ago I thought it was a misallocation of Adalius' talents...now I realize he's terrible.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I may be wrong but I thought they played him on the inside when he first came here. Didn't he complain that his natural position was OLB?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

Maybe he can drive the bus this year. Thats about all he is worth

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

yes and it didnt work out. anyway it really doesnt matter. he's not going to be on this team next season period, no matter what position he plays. the pats are just trying to keep him away from the jets and ravens, and hopefully they can figure out a way to do that. they are probably hoping a team will take him for a 6th or 7th round draft pick. the problem will be his salary though.

In Response to Re: A. Thomas to MLB?? why not?:
    I may be wrong but I thought they played him on the inside when he first came here. Didn't he complain that his natural position was OLB?
    Posted by ewhite1065

Sections
Shortcuts