A. Thomas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

A. Thomas?

With Thomas being a healthy scratch anychance of him being dealt before the deadline. He can't be happy being inactive . Anyone hear anything?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: A. Thomas??????????

I think it was family related. He was a healthy scratch at practice this week as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

Leave it to the crack journalists at the Globe to somehow not figure out -- and subsequently report -- on the 2nd most important story of the day:  Why AT was a healthy scrub.

Gaspar must be sharpening his crayons to get ready to write another one of those hard-hitting "It's Not 2007 Anymore" columns.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I know he missed practice this week for a non-injury-related problem.

I think it was right for Belichick not to disclose what happened, and I also wouldn't be surprised if anyone who investigated found out and decided to respect the man's privacy.

Either way, Woods got blown out on Chris Johnson's 68 yard run.  If there was one problem that the Pats had, it was Chris Johnson.  

I wish the best to AD.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

In Response to Re: A. Thomas??????????:
    I know he missed practice this week for a non-injury-related problem. I think it was right for Belichick not to disclose what happened, and I also wouldn't be surprised if anyone who investigated found out and decided to respect the man's privacy. Either way, Woods got blown out on Chris Johnson's 68 yard run.  If there was one problem that the Pats had, it was Chris Johnson.   I wish the best to AD.
    Posted by NickC1188

Thanks I must have missed that he missed practice......sounds personal in nature........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

That makes sense that it would have been a personal situation.

I was telling someone just this week, my days as a College athlete have really allowe me to understand the personal side of this business.  Guys have a bad day and analysts will report this or that as being the issue.  Sometimes stuff just comes up, guys get sick and play through it and nobody ever knows.  So, when it comes to the unknown x factors in this sport consider yourself at work on a random Tuesday.  How much stuff can throw you off your A game?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2301317. Show user_2301317's posts

I don't know i figured it was personal but then i read this quote from Belichick  

Personnel-wise, Adalius Thomas was inactive and he wasn’t on the injury report all week. Was there anything personal with him?

Belichick: "No, we just went with the players we thought would have the bigger role in the game."

I think it could be that he is just doing something to send a message but i don't think he has been bad enough to give him a scratch just to prove a point. I mean after the game we clearly see that we really didn't need him today, but you never know before the game and it is still the NFL where you need to put your best 45 out there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

The whole thing sounds suspicious. BB could have easily said AT was gone due to personal/ family matter and that would have been that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Ya, I don't like the sound of that eather. What thew hell is going on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Who cares, we don't need AD until after we come back from the BYE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

from  EXTRA POINTS
    Thomas practiced all week and did not show up on the injury report Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. He fully expected to play before he was informed this morning he was inactive.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

I think you are seeing a transitional point with the Pats.  If you don't show effort, perform at at a high level, or at least make a play that would justify your contract, then management will make a decision on your status.  Maybe someone should ask why Galloway isn't playing.  Laurence Maroney seems to have a changed style once he was dropped down the depth chart and saw the writing on the wall.  I applaud these moves and decisions.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

You guys are making excuses saying it'sa family issue, he just $ucks.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

And that the line decided to actually help him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Thomas clearly hasn't lived up to the contract, but he is DEFINITELY a MUCH better player than Pierre Woods, Rob Ninkovich, etc.  If they were sending him a message, they took a calculated risk in assuming we wouldn't need him to win this game.  They were obviously right, but going forward, I'd still assume Adalius Thomas is a starting outside linebacker for the Patriots.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I was watching NFL Network this morning and Deion Sanders said he spoke to Adalius and said that he was a little upset, but then said that it should be fine that him and his coach will work it out.

It came as a surprise to me that he was out.  I wrote an email to the guys at PFW in the pre-season about how I thought that Thomas has been a disapointment so far.  If we do trade him we need to get some good compensation that way we can get a good 3rd reciever.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDonalds75. Show JDonalds75's posts

I am sure Deion got to the bottom of things, good thing he was there to get the scoop . . .

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

no, there has to be something else going on behind the scenes. AD hasn't been great but he hasn't been bad either, maybe a few missed tackles but in general he's been ok. certainly a better outside LB in the 3-4 than burgess, who was his usual invisible self (the one time he got in the backfield collins was able to elude him - when's the last time collins eluded anyone??). maybe BB didn't like his attitude or effort in practice this week or something. anyway it will be interesting to see the way this plays out, because i do think that he can be an important cog in our D when he is focussed. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryBallz. Show HarryBallz's posts

Notice that the Butler was on the field a lot?  Notice that Wilhite got significant reps?  Thomas benched?  Pees was saying the defense needed to play better.  Having guys take a seat is the way to convey the point.  It is embarassing to a player to have his time taken away.  Next thing BB should do is cut someone not getting the job done and see what impact that might have. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Pees has never gotten the most out of AD's best skill set, rushing the passer.

Since Thomas has been here, too often I've seen him out on pass coverage during passing downs.

It amazes me that Pees is too stubborn to use Adalius the same way Baltimore used him in his final season there, as an edge rusher.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

In Response to Re: A. Thomas??????????:
    I was watching NFL Network this morning and Deion Sanders said he spoke to Adalius and said that he was a little upset, but then said that it should be fine that him and his coach will work it out. It came as a surprise to me that he was out.  I wrote an email to the guys at PFW in the pre-season about how I thought that Thomas has been a disapointment so far.  If we do trade him we need to get some good compensation that way we can get a good 3rd reciever.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

Seattle needs an OLB.....and Branch would be a good fit as the 3rd WR in NE......

Some speculation.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

we can use branch for sure, but it cannot be a even trade...AD has way more value than Branch.  Yes he has not lived up to his expectations and if he is used correctly (which i doubt he has in NE) he can become a very effective player for another team.  So BB would definately have to get more than branch in the trade.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kb87. Show kb87's posts

After reading up on the situation, I've heard that BB said it wasn't "personal" reasons and it wasn't injury. That leads to the only other factor. Performance. Granted, AT hasn't played up to expectations at all since he was signed 2 years ago. D. Pees said "he's done some good things and some not so good things".

Deion Sanders said he "spoke" to Thomas and he was "upset" but that "he'd work it out with his coaches". To me that sounds like the Coaches are trying to send Thomas a messege. Not good for Thomas.........................

Sections
Shortcuts