A. Thomas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kb87. Show kb87's posts

Re: A. Thomas??????????

Also, I do not think Thomas will be dealt. I hope the coaching staff will wake up and start using the guy to the best of his ability. Granted he's a big guy who can run but, that doesn't mean that he'll automaticly be good in coverage. I mean, yea, maybe have him run with a RB in the flat or maybe latch him onto a slower TE but, maybe he should be limited to 2nd/3rd down passing situations as an edge rusher?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I agree that Thomas was invisible against Denver but the guy has too much talent to give up on.  Frankly, I may be in the minority but I believe he has played up to expectations mostly because they've put him in so many different spots.

with that said, how could this team afford to trade him?  Right now the linebacker group has him, Guyton, Mayo and Seau.  I don't see where the depth chart falls after that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

Re: A. Thomas?

we shuld trade him and get deion branch!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from markc9. Show markc9's posts

I remember BB not starting Seymore a few years back.  He had missed some time during the week.  I think this is a way for BB to send a message to his team.  This was a game they could win without Thomas.  So they sit him.  Send the message that you will play full out or be gone.  Very smart move.  Trading Seymore did not send the message, maybe this will. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

In Response to Re: A. Thomas??????????:
    Pees has never gotten the most out of AD's best skill set, rushing the passer. Since Thomas has been here, too often I've seen him out on pass coverage during passing downs. It amazes me that Pees is too stubborn to use Adalius the same way Baltimore used him in his final season there, as an edge rusher.
    Posted by CubanPete
    This is the best post I have read in 6 months.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I dont believe he will be traded...BB never does what we think he should do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Pees has never gotten the most out of AD's best skill set, rushing the passer. Since Thomas has been here, too often I've seen him out on pass coverage during passing downs. It amazes me that Pees is too stubborn to use Adalius the same way Baltimore used him in his final season there, as an edge rusher.
    Posted by CubanPete

There you go bashing Pees again.  The man even let the Titans get within field goal range at one point in the game.  What a terrible defensive coordinator.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

I  love the guy, but other then the 2 sacks in SB, he's been a bust. Its time to move on with a trade or he's gone next yr.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

He's a laggard and a quitta, I want him gone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maz. Show Maz's posts

In Response to Re: A. Thomas?????????? : Maroney ran the same way yesterday that he always has, it's just that he was successful.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

I would have to mildly disagree. He did continue to do the shuffling, hesitating thing, but he was always moving forward, as pointed out by Phil Simms.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

how about branch and Lofa Tapatu and a 4th rounder for A thomas? i know Lofa Tapatu is on IR this year but next year he would be good and branch would be the answer at the #3 WR position.  then trade galloway for a good LB from either baltimore, cincinnati, yets, etc.  to compensate for the loss of thomas.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maz. Show Maz's posts

In Response to Re: A. Thomas?????????? : Maroney ran the same way yesterday that he always has, it's just that he was successful.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

I would have to mildly disagree. He did continue to do the shuffling, hesitating thing, but he was always moving forward, as pointed out by Phil Simms.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

In Response to Re: A. Thomas?????????? : I would have to mildly disagree. He did continue to do the shuffling, hesitating thing, but he was always moving forward, as pointed out by Phil Simms.
    Posted by Maz

Speaking of Phil Sims, did anyone catch the comment he made about ducking snowballs?  Phil got a facial a couple of years ago and like Peyton Manning, hates the snow in Foxboro!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from t1to98. Show t1to98's posts

no, there has to be something else going on behind the scenes. AD hasn't been great but he hasn't been bad either, maybe a few missed tackles but in general he's been ok. certainly a better outside LB in the 3-4 than burgess, who was his usual invisible self (the one time he got in the backfield collins was able to elude him - when's the last time collins eluded anyone??). maybe BB didn't like his attitude or effort in practice this week or something. anyway it will be interesting to see the way this plays out, because i do think that he can be an important cog in our D when he is focussed. 
    Posted by artielang

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

In Response to Re: A. Thomas?:
    I dont believe he will be traded...BB never does what we think he should do.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

thats a very good point mister

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

how about branch and Lofa Tapatu and a 4th rounder for A thomas? i know Lofa Tapatu is on IR this year but next year he would be good and branch would be the answer at the #3 WR position.  then trade galloway for a good LB from either baltimore, cincinnati, yets, etc.  to compensate for the loss of thomas.
    Posted by natesubs

Trade Galloway for a good LB? Wait, hold on. Joey? Galloway? For a good LB? And from the Jets?

Do you watch football?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

In Response to Re: A. Thomas? : Trade Galloway for a good LB? Wait, hold on. Joey? Galloway? For a good LB? And from the Jets? Do you watch football?
    Posted by Caesar1177

Yeah, and have them throw in a first round pick while you're dealing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Now I'm going to get into speculation worthy of an Enquirer article.  When Hobbs was traded, he alluded to players basically dogging it by faking injuries and such.  He also talked about how a lot of players in the locker room aren't going to accept less money to win anymore.  Is it even remotely possible that BB is not only trying to rebuild the defense, but also take back control of the locker room?

1. Hobbs made statements before his trade about this subject.
    2. Vrabel made a statement about about the owners doing real well, all you have to do is look at Patriots place to see that...
    3. Thomas said if they add two games to the season without paying more to the players, he will be injured for two games...
    4. Can't think of a recent Seymour quote, but he sure fits the description Hobbs mentioned.

I know it's far fetched.  Thomas hasn't even been traded.  Just a thought.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Now I'm going to get into speculation worthy of an Enquirer article.  When Hobbs was traded, he alluded to players basically dogging it by faking injuries and such.  He also talked about how a lot of players in the locker room aren't going to accept less money to win anymore.  Is it even remotely possible that BB is not only trying to rebuild the defense, but also take back control of the locker room? 1. Hobbs made statements before his trade about this subject. 2. Vrabel made a statement about about the owners doing real well, all you have to do is look at Patriots place to see that... 3. Thomas said if they add two games to the season without paying more to the players, he will be injured for two games... 4. Can't think of a recent Seymour quote, but he sure fits the description Hobbs mentioned. I know it's far fetched.  Thomas hasn't even been traded.  Just a thought.
    Posted by carawaydj

I'm on board with this post, completely agree.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Now I'm going to get into speculation worthy of an Enquirer article.  When Hobbs was traded, he alluded to players basically dogging it by faking injuries and such.  He also talked about how a lot of players in the locker room aren't going to accept less money to win anymore.  Is it even remotely possible that BB is not only trying to rebuild the defense, but also take back control of the locker room? 1. Hobbs made statements before his trade about this subject. 2. Vrabel made a statement about about the owners doing real well, all you have to do is look at Patriots place to see that... 3. Thomas said if they add two games to the season without paying more to the players, he will be injured for two games... 4. Can't think of a recent Seymour quote, but he sure fits the description Hobbs mentioned. I know it's far fetched.  Thomas hasn't even been traded.  Just a thought.
    Posted by carawaydj

I think the Seymour trade has more to do with collective long term value but that's a pretty darn good observation otherwise.  In time my feeling is many of the questions that have been kept internal this decade will be revealed and this makes a lot of sense.

I can see Hobbs point about players who may be dogging it and, unfortunately, I guess you could apply that theory to Thomas who was out half of last season.  With regards to the financial aspect, players have to understand it's not so much that the Kraft family is being cheap as it is a case where the team is trying to keep their cap number under control.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: A. Thomas? : Trade Galloway for a good LB? Wait, hold on. Joey? Galloway? For a good LB? And from the Jets? Do you watch football?
    Posted by Caesar1177

first of all i was listing out teams who are in need of a WR and would consider trading for one, ie baltimore and the jets.
    second of all when i said a good LB I wasn't talking ray lewis caliber. more like guyton, izzo, etc caliber. good players but not quite at the 2nd level yet but have potential.  There is a good difference between good and great.  galloway looks great on paper and he obviously would perform better on another team who doesn't have as many options as Brady does, like Baltimore, Kansas City, etc.

Sections
Shortcuts