A thought on Pat's Secondary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

A thought on Pat's Secondary

I think it all starts with practice and in practice they went against the patriots offense which consist of tight ends and small receivers running across the middle of the field. I don't think they were really tested deep in practice and if they were it was Ocho and he probably could never create seperation. Which probably made them think they were good in coverage until they went up against some bigger & faster deep threat receivers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: A thought on Pat's Secondary

In Response to A thought on Pat's Secondary:
    I think it all starts with practice and in practice they went against the patriots offense which consist of tight ends and small receivers running across the middle of the field. I don't think they were really tested deep in practice and if they were it was Ocho and he probably could never create seperation. Which probably made them think they were good in coverage until they went up against some bigger & faster deep threat receivers.
    Posted by patriotzking18

That's actually a very good point.  A lot of the criticism on McCourty was that he couldn't defend the big tall receivers on the sides.  Who did he have to practice against? Any one???
    In 2010, he had Randy Moss during pre-season and 4 games deep and did great.

Sections
Shortcuts