A ton of adversity this season. Will it make the Pats better when it counts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

A ton of adversity this season. Will it make the Pats better when it counts?

Ok.  Last night's game was tough.  No doubt.  I didn't like the officials picking that flag up any more than the rest of you, but what's done is done.  NE really missed on a lot of other opportunities throughout that game that could have changed the outcome.  We're 7-3, leading the division.  Not too shabby.  We have on of the elite teams in the NFL coming to our place next Sunday night, and it will surely be a tough game to win.  I'm not saying we won't win, as I think NE will deliver a stronger performance next Sunday night than they did last night, but it will be tough.  I feel like this NE team is faced with more adveristy at this point in the season that they have been in years past, and I really believe that they will get stronger and better as a team down the stretch because of it.  I'm anxious to see how they respond next Sunday night against Denver to a gutting loss last night off of a bye.  I don't even think we necessarily have to win next week, but a strong showing with a lot less mental mistakes and stupid miscues would be a huge step in the right direction.  As the saying goes, the real season starts after Thanksgiving.  I hope that this team is ready to play their best football at that point, and I think they will.  Go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: A ton of adversity this season. Will it make the Pats better when it counts?

YES

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Re: A ton of adversity this season. Will it make the Pats better when it counts?

11-5 should be good enough for the 2 seed. Losing CBs left and right is very concerning though. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:

11-5 should be good enough for the 2 seed. Losing CBs left and right is very concerning though. 

I agree.  I'm saying 11-5 also and yes, we need some guys to get healthy and some to stay healthy.  Planning for injuries is part of the game too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Ok.  Last night's game was tough.  No doubt.  I didn't like the officials picking that flag up any more than the rest of you, but what's done is done.  NE really missed on a lot of other opportunities throughout that game that could have changed the outcome.  We're 7-3, leading the division.  Not too shabby.  We have on of the elite teams in the NFL coming to our place next Sunday night, and it will surely be a tough game to win.  I'm not saying we won't win, as I think NE will deliver a stronger performance next Sunday night than they did last night, but it will be tough.  I feel like this NE team is faced with more adveristy at this point in the season that they have been in years past, and I really believe that they will get stronger and better as a team down the stretch because of it.  I'm anxious to see how they respond next Sunday night against Denver to a gutting loss last night off of a bye.  I don't even think we necessarily have to win next week, but a strong showing with a lot less mental mistakes and stupid miscues would be a huge step in the right direction.  As the saying goes, the real season starts after Thanksgiving.  I hope that this team is ready to play their best football at that point, and I think they will.  Go Pats!

Every team undergoes adversity.  It's the nature of the beast.

Talent is an issue.

Pats D, last 3 weeks dead last in 3rd down conversion %, 72 % last night, 52 % on average.   Allowing scoring on nearly 60% of drives.  Can't get off the field, robbing the O of valuable possessions.  Giving up game ending drives, sound familiar? 

Those are ridiculous #'s.

I understand the injury situation (not blind), however this has been a problem with this team for years and injuries aside, teams with this poor a D don't win SB's.

Never have and never will.  That's just the truth.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Not really - I see same outcome for Pats as beginning of season. Win division as its weak, beat wildcard team in first round and lose in divisional round.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

They'll run the table through to the SB and win that which will make us all forget last night's bad call.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:

No-they'll lose in the 1st as usual-Brady disappears in the big games as of late.

As usual....Jets have yet to win a Superbowl in 44 years. It will be 45 after this year! Count on it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Every team undergoes adversity.  It's the nature of the beast.

Talent is an issue.

Pats D, last 3 weeks dead last in 3rd down conversion %, 72 % last night, 52 % on average.   Allowing scoring on nearly 60% of drives.  Can't get off the field, robbing the O of valuable possessions.  Giving up game ending drives, sound familiar? 

Those are ridiculous #'s.

I understand the injury situation (not blind), however this has been a problem with this team for years and injuries aside, teams with this poor a D don't win SB's.

Never have and never will.  That's just the truth.

I agree that if our defense keeps giving up 3rd downs at this rate, then our stay in the playoffs will be short-lived.  Remember, though, there are still 6 games left of the regular season.  That is an eternity in the NFL.  Improvement can be made, and I'm betting we will see that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Hey WAZZU...

(Going off topic here  a bit, becasue I am not sure if you regualrly read stuff on the draft thread.)

There is a redshirt sophomore DT at Wazzu whose tackle numbers has caught my attention -- XAVIER COOPER (as of last week, 36 tackles, 10 for loss and 4 sacks - better than good for a DT). It would be appreciated if you could write your thoughts on him on the draft thread.

Sections
Shortcuts