A top defensive lineman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: A top defensive lineman

I also said Vega would not make the team, and I'm not dismissing the possibility that he might be back later in the season if our outside linebacker depth takes a hit.  You don't bring every player in assuming they'll make the team, sometimes you bring them in in case you need to rehire them later.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I also said Vega would not make the team, and I'm not dismissing the possibility that he might be back later in the season if our outside linebacker depth takes a hit.  You don't bring every player in assuming they'll make the team, sometimes you bring them in in case you need to rehire them later.

I don't think anyone will be surprised when they cut him, it looks like they have a few other guys who can do what he does, but better. You're right though, injuries will happen and guys will be brought back to fill in.

I'm still surprised they never really went out and got that young guy in his prime...unless we consider Kelly to be that guy. I really thought they were going to spend on a building block type of guy, or draft one along the line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

[/QUOTE]

I'm still surprised they never really went out and got that young guy in his prime...unless we consider Kelly to be that guy. I really thought they were going to spend on a building block type of guy, or draft one along the line.

[/QUOTE]

Armstead is that guy... Vega was an outside linebacker prospect not a DT prospect anyhow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I would have liked them to get J.Jones who wasnt that expensive. We have Kelly who looks promising but is old and will likely get hurt. Just wish we had some young players who could provide some depth. Brace really hurt us when he busted out. Pryor was another who failed to stay healthy...smh  BUT! we have undrafted guys to help. Should put us over the top.(sarcasm)

Fanene was the guy,....last year and now after he turned out to damaged goods, BB is gonna stay away for the next 5 years(See Rosie Colvin, A.T.) Thats why he went cheap this year and threw a bunch of cr ap at the wall to see what sticks.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I'd love for them to get another guy who can play NT. Even though they will be playing 43 most of the time, I imagine there will be opponents against whom they will prefer to play 34.

On games they'd rather be predominantly 34, I'd want for them to have someone who can give VW a breather so he stays stronger deeper through the game, or even push VW out to RDE every now and then. Of course I could be wrong and they never play 34 all season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

We have Kelly who looks promising but is old and will likely get hurt.

Kelly hasn't missed a game in the past 5 seasons and has played all 16 games in 7 of the last 8.  How is it likely that he gets hurt?

Just wish we had some young players who could provide some depth. Brace really hurt us when he busted out. Pryor was another who failed to stay healthy...smh  BUT! we have undrafted guys to help. Should put us over the top.(sarcasm)

What team in the NFL isn't looking for DT depth?  DT is probably the thinnest position in the NFL.  Kelly should be an upgrade over Lovie and Deaderick.  How many teams can boast more than 2 high level DTs?  My bet would be not very many.  The days of Seymour, Warren and Wilfork on the line are not coming back.  That took 2 top 15 picks and a top 10 talent falling into the end of the 1st round.  I think everyone would like more big guys to play on the D-line, but there just aren't that many 300+ lb guys that are any good to go around.  I think we're going to have to take what we can get.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

We have Kelly who looks promising but is old and will likely get hurt.

Kelly hasn't missed a game in the past 5 seasons and has played all 16 games in 7 of the last 8.  How is it likely that he gets hurt?

Just wish we had some young players who could provide some depth. Brace really hurt us when he busted out. Pryor was another who failed to stay healthy...smh  BUT! we have undrafted guys to help. Should put us over the top.(sarcasm)

What team in the NFL isn't looking for DT depth?  DT is probably the thinnest position in the NFL.  Kelly should be an upgrade over Lovie and Deaderick.  How many teams can boast more than 2 high level DTs?  My bet would be not very many.  The days of Seymour, Warren and Wilfork on the line are not coming back.  That took 2 top 15 picks and a top 10 talent falling into the end of the 1st round.  I think everyone would like more big guys to play on the D-line, but there just aren't that many 300+ lb guys that are any good to go around.  I think we're going to have to take what we can get.

Well because he is an older player and would probably play more snaps here than he did in Oakland where they have more depth. They played Wilfork and Love exclusively last year for the first half of the season. How many teams go 8 games with only 2 lineman, NO rotation?? The Pats. So im projecting when they get a guy like Kelley who CAN play he is gonna play too much and may injure himself.  Yes its Ideal to have 3 quality D Lineman, but to ask to have competent backups is not much to ask I dont think and we didnt have that or else why play only 2 guys half the year??

Sections
Shortcuts