A Walk Down Memory Lane

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: A Walk Down Memory Lane

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

1. "Darrelle" Revis got fat and is not a HOFer, as predicted.  Enoy, TB.

2.  The Baltimore Ravens missed the playoffs and are in cap hell.

3.  The NY Giants missed the playofds and are in cap hell.

4.  The Pittsburgh Steelers missed the playoffs and are in cap hell.

5.  The KC Chiefs challenged the Broncos for the division.

6.  The Pats will go no worse than 12-4 and Denver's defense has not improved.

7.  The Miami Dolphins will not win the AFC East or even challenge for it.

8.  Julian Edelman can be what Wes Welker was here.  Edelman>Welker.

9.  BBs drafts in the flat cap will prove to be vital as other teams fall.

10. Brady will need to be reined in for us to win the 2013 postseason.

Discuss:

1-10 You are an idiot.  

You predicted Revis would get fat?  Was that before or after he blew out his knee?  Did you predict fat Vince would get more fat?

So, you cry about how often Brady targeted Welker, but you say that Edelman can be Welker, but you don't want Brady to throw to him that often?  You're a moron.

Tell us, Nostramoron, what did you predict for the Jets this year?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I personally see another 8-8 or 9-7 season for the Jets. Why? Because they are keeping Rex (mediocre seasons are his constant)........and they will start Geno at QB next year which will be their mistake. Your team needs bigger changes and a change of mindset.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Some of those were lay ups, but if you predicted all of those then kudos to you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

Some of those we're lay ups, but if you predicted all of those then kudos to you.

I can't even read them (ignored) but I bet his "predictions" have changed since he made them unless he put up a link to where he made them. Unless he made them on an account that was banned which case he can say whatever he wants and not have to prove it

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

I personally see another 8-8 or 9-7 season for the Jets. Why? Because they are keeping Rex (mediocre seasons are his constant)........and they will start Geno at QB next year which will be their mistake. Your team needs bigger changes and a change of mindset.

So, what you're saying is that you think that the Jets had the talent to be far better than their records, but Rex held them back? Intersting.  Were you against the Mike T firing?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Some of those we're lay ups, but if you predicted all of those then kudos to you.

I can't even read them (ignored) but I bet his "predictions" have changed since he made them unless he put up a link to where he made them. Unless he made them on an account that was banned which case he can say whatever he wants and not have to prove it

True, but most of them do seem legit because I remember him bringing those topics up before the season. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Did you ever notice that there are like 2-3 games per year that they either got lucky based on a embarrassing play by an opponent for them to win, or they somehow get some kind of a call at the end of a game to hand them a win?  They were at best a 6-10 team this year with two games under suspicion with last play of game calls to help them win.

SD lined up 7 men to the left of Center yesterday, which is part of the new FG rules (you can only have 6 to one side) and there are two refs standing there looking at it, and no call. Succop probably pushed it right due to that overload.    Meanwhile, a chintzy call on us which has never been called in the NFL before or since, under the NFL's own rules, was called in OT out of the woodwork, with the NFL admitting the refs didn't call it on the Jets earlier.  Cannot be made up.

Look at 2009. That was a 7-9 team but Indy laid down. They all danced around proclaiming 8-8 was some sort of badge and just played loose in the postseason as a fraud team playing with house money.  It's comical to think back to that, where they though they actually had a base of a team built to work from at that point.

2010. They won 3 games in OT, but 2 of them were vs crappy teams like Detroit or Cleveland. LOL

All the way!  "We're not far off!"  lol

Rex has led them to 3 losing, sub .500 seasons in a row, missing the playoffs 3 out of the 5 years he's been there.   In any other market, it's a slam dunk firing especially on the heels of embarassing moments like Sanchez tatoos, Butffumbles on national tv, and this phony bravado that always backfires.  

I tried to warn their window would be short and in 2009 or their peak in 2010, as it was never a real thing. It was all no pressure and roll the dice kind of a mentality. When the pressure is on or they need to avoid playing down to competition, they fail.

They play a few SBs during the year at home and they might win one or two of them. This year, it was NE and the Saints. I could have called their collapse in Novemberafter those games, from a mile away. So predictable.

I can just see Rexie-poo using his coaching status to get those rubes in that locker room all whooped up to play for him, but what will happen now when that is over with??  

The guy is a terrible leader and therefore isn't a head coach, but somehow the moron Jets and their ultra moron fanbase, think he is.

Priceless.

What an idiot!  Rex has one losing season in his career as a head coach.  How sad and pathetic that you need to lie about such things.   

But it sounds like we have another idiot Pats fan who belives that the Jets have had the talent to win multiple superbowls and it was Rex's coaching that held them back.  Right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

May be in the minority here, but I think Rex did a good job this year coaching that team to 8-8.  IMO that team had the makings of a 4-12 team but Rex got as much out of his players as he possibly could. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The Jets dumped him just in time. Clever move by the Jets. 

They won the Super Bowl last year.  We'll see how long it takes them to rebuild.

They won the Super Bowl the year before and in 2007.  We'll see how long it takes them to rebuild. 

They are in trouble.  

The Broncos won the AFC first seed and scored more points than any team in history.  Welker helped them do that.  We'll see if they can continue to win.  

The Patriots 12-4 record is the same as it was last year and below what it was in 2010 and 2011. The Broncos at 13-3 are the number one seed in the AFC and their offense is the best ever by points (which we all know is what really matters).  We'll see if they've got enough to carry them far in the playoffs. 

No one thought they would, did they?

Edelman had a nice season.  Not clearly better than Welker though, at least as a receiver.  And he was on the team with Welker last year.  Amendola, who was more the replacement for Welker, has been underwhelming. 

We'll see if the team has enough to get through the playoffs this year.  I hope so, but it's too early to call 2013 a success. 

Ridiculous.  Brady will be a key part of any success we have in the postseason. 

Discuss:

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Yep. Made all of them.  I agree some were layups but took heat on some, so I need to point them out.

Hotblitz and I had a bet on the Ravens, too. RKrap mouthed off on it, but he wussed out on a bet.

He and others simply don't understand concepts such as continuity when it comes to teambuilding.

BB is far, far ahead of Ozzie Newsome. Thanks again to BB.

Far far ahead, yep.  That explains why only one of them has won a recent superbowl.  Continuity?  Are you suggesting that the Pats have more continuity than all other teams?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

So, what you're saying is that you think that the Jets had the talent to be far better than their records, but Rex held them back? Intersting.  Were you against the Mike T firing?

won't answer your questions......till you answer mine on rebuild

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

- Whether or not he gets into the HOF is unknown.  By posting about Revis in Tampa, you are giving kudos to the Jets.  I KNEW IT!

They also won the Superbowl last year.  When was the last time Belichick's team did that?

They have won two Superbowls since Belichick last did.

They won the Superbowl more recently than Belichick did.

What kind of prediction is that?

Brilliant prediction.  Tough decision making there.

Brilliant prediction.  Tough decision making there.

Fail.

Yeah, he really ripped at the draft table. 

This hasn't happened yet.  How is it a prediction?

Discuss:

10. I'm a troll.

I agree.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Yep. Made all of them.  I agree some were layups but took heat on some, so I need to point them out.

Hotblitz and I had a bet on the Ravens, too. RKrap mouthed off on it, but he wussed out on a bet.

He and others simply don't understand concepts such as continuity when it comes to teambuilding.

BB is far, far ahead of Ozzie Newsome. Thanks again to BB.

Far far ahead, yep.  That explains why only one of them has won a recent superbowl.  Continuity?  Are you suggesting that the Pats have more continuity than all other teams?

With 13 straight winning seasons, and next team is GB with 4, I would say YES to your question....

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

won't answer your questions......till you answer mine on rebuild

I don't care.  You're an idiot.  You say idiot things and you ask idiot questions.  You won't answer my questions because the question itself exposes you as such.  Rebuilding should not be more than a 1-2 process.  The Jets fixed their cap, loaded themselves with a lot of young talent on defense and will do the same on offense next year.  The obvious truth is that if they had a top 10-15 QB in 2013 they would go deep in the playoffs, just as they did in 2009/2010.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

May be in the minority here, but I think Rex did a good job this year coaching that team to 8-8.  IMO that team had the makings of a 4-12 team but Rex got as much out of his players as he possibly could. 

Two wins came on the last play to give them a fresh of set of downs with the Jets sidelines lobbying for the call.

Not quite as good as you think.

You're an idiot.  6 wins by 16 points....nuff said.  Paper Tigers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Discuss:

Welker Stats

Maybe if you compare to 2010.

No doubt Edelman had a very good season this year, his best ever.  Thank goodness he was here.  But to make statements like you make here on the forum to push your agenda is laughable.

I will keep the Amendola discussion in the Amendola/Welker thread.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

The Jets dumped him just in time. Clever move by the Jets. 

They won the Super Bowl last year.  We'll see how long it takes them to rebuild.

They won the Super Bowl the year before and in 2007.  We'll see how long it takes them to rebuild. 

They are in trouble.  

The Broncos won the AFC first seed and scored more points than any team in history.  Welker helped them do that.  We'll see if they can continue to win.  

The Patriots 12-4 record is the same as it was last year and below what it was in 2010 and 2011. The Broncos at 13-3 are the number one seed in the AFC and their offense is the best ever by points (which we all know is what really matters).  We'll see if they've got enough to carry them far in the playoffs. 

No one thought they would, did they?

Edelman had a nice season.  Not clearly better than Welker though, at least as a receiver.  And he was on the team with Welker last year.  Amendola, who was more the replacement for Welker, has been underwhelming. 

We'll see if the team has enough to get through the playoffs this year.  I hope so, but it's too early to call 2013 a success. 

Ridiculous.  Brady will be a key part of any success we have in the postseason. 

Discuss:

Hey, Prolate, how is Ted Thompson's crappy team doing winning a pathetic division?

Pretty good to win given their star QB was hurt the second half of the season. 

Care to wager on that game with SF slapping them at Lambeau to prove how wrong you are?

SF has a better defense.  I tend to think they'll win. So no, won't wager on that. 

Hmm? Step right up, Prolate. I am 4-0 with wagers in here and we'll see how I end up with Wazzu and my bet.

Funny....I come on here with a consistent premise on certain topics, proven to be right and somehow people like you who are mouthy the whole time, refuse to make a claim and just armchair things after Brady sucks in the postseason.

Step right up, Prolatey. Step right up. lol

And, every retort you have above is not a successful counter.  I warned you and your anti-BBites on it all and was proven right on it all.

Amendola is not underwhelming at all. He might be statistically, but we threw less this year and missed a few games as well. Brandon Lloyd was not underwhelming, Amendola was not underwhelming. Edelman was not underwhelming and clearly a better value overall, superior to Welkie by a mile this year overall and arguably the team's freaking MVP.

Roll on the floor laughing . . .

MVP.

Edelman.  Get it?  GOOD.

What if it's Mankins?

Do ya think Brady will choke it down in Denver for the AFC Title game if that's where it's held this year, or do ya think this is the year he finally crawls out of his atrocious AFC title hole to finally help our defense out for once?

If they run a lot and lose, will you finally stop blaming Brady for everything?  How about betting on that.  If they run a lot and lose, you lose.  Any other situation, I win. 

Hmm?  What say you, Prolatey?  Hmm?  Come on now. Take a stand so you don't look so phony.

Just think, you might not be walking out of Gillette, Prolatety, running for that train as you think Brady played well barely doing anything well in the title game with the D bailing him out or losing two Pro Bowlers (Talib, JOnes), where they couldn't.

You might be sitting at home watching an injured, but gutty D helped out by a smart Brady who leans on a run game for once like he used to when it wasn't perceived to be all about him, pre 2007.

Just think, Prolatey.

LMAO

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

what are your questions exposing me to? Do I think Rex held them back? Yes....he is a great defensive mind but doesn't have what it takes to be the Jets head coach. You need to change the mindset with the Jets. Rex has been mediocre at best and it will stay that way under his leadership. I think Geno Smith is like Sanchez...flashes of talent but not good enough. The Jets will make the mistake of giving him the reigns next year...he will flounder and they will be trying to fix it mid year. The Jets have improved on the lines...Secondary is going to need some work in the draft.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

1. "Darrelle" Revis got fat and is not a HOFer, as predicted.  Enoy, TB. Don't care.

2.  The Baltimore Ravens missed the playoffs and are in cap hell. Don't care.

3.  The NY Giants missed the playofds and are in cap hell. Don't care.

4.  The Pittsburgh Steelers missed the playoffs and are in cap hell. Don't care.

5.  The KC Chiefs challenged the Broncos for the division. Not really, as they got off to a great start until the played the Broncos. Downhill from there as they went 2 - 5 down the stretch. Challenging the Broncos would have meant the Broncos needed to win to clinch the AFC West in week 17.

6.  The Pats will go no worse than 12-4 and Denver's defense has not improved. But their offense turned out better than most expected.

7.  The Miami Dolphins will not win the AFC East or even challenge for it. Close until they lost n Buffalo.

8.  Julian Edelman can be what Wes Welker was here.  Edelman>Welker. Let's see how big his head gets.

9.  BBs drafts in the flat cap will prove to be vital as other teams fall. Drafting so low..  year in and year out, did he really miss out on picks other  teams got after the Pats?  Besides, it is a crap shoot so often.  There are picks, we Pats fans, got excited about and they were busts and vice-versa.

10. Brady will need to be reined in for us to win the 2013 postseason. By your definition, Brady can't pass the ball if that is the part of the offense that is working effectively.  More passes, in your mind, means Brady "took" control of the offense.  All depends on the game plan.

Discuss: Let's see the memory lane for the Pats in the playoffs end better in 2014!

Sections
Shortcuts