A week into free agency and who's gonna challenge us in the division or afc?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

A week into free agency and who's gonna challenge us in the division or afc?

Denver?

Miami has no qb, jets resigned sanchez, buffalo vastly improved could go 7-9,
    Pitt lost players to cap space
    Houston, schuab wont be the same for another season, even brady took a year to get back to "himself" and that was with an injury in the first week not week 12
    Balt  (they talk alot considering they beat us once) enough said
    SD, lost their best  O weapon

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: A week into free agency and who's gonna challenge us in the division or afc?

I think this question would be much better asked after FA AND the draft is over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: A week into free agency and who's gonna challenge us in the division or afc?

1 houston, 2 baltimore, 3 denver, 4 pitts. all will be good. denver the wild card depending on how well they "mesh". it will be a tough year. we will have to be a lot better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

It depends on Vareen, Ras-I, Cannon & y the Draft... (Rookies)
    I could see NE really improving Talent Wise in 2012... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I've never been accused of being an overly optimistic fan but to me the Pats are increasing the distance between themselves and the pack in the AFC.

I thought Houston might be the closest but with Schaub coming off injury and Mario gone they look a little less fierce. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lloydchristmas. Show lloydchristmas's posts

didnt Houston let some of their Oline go?  Could really come back to bite them if they did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: A week into free agency and who's gonna challenge us in the division or afc?:
    I think this question would be much better asked after FA AND the draft is over.
    Posted by AyyyBoston

understood,  it we be even better week 16 but there's no best team to someone wins the superbowl other than that it's just opinions and perception, I'm just looking for opinions on what teams have done so far today...  And I think the pats in the afc have improved the 2nd most to Denver but not sure that make them better as of today than us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In Response to Re: A week into free agency and who's gonna challenge us in the division or afc?:
    In Response to Re: A week into free agency and who's gonna challenge us in the division or afc? : understood,  it we be even better week 16 but there's no best team to someone wins the superbowl other than that it's just opinions and perception, I'm just looking for opinions on what teams have done so far today...  And I think the pats in the afc have improved the 2nd most to Denver but not sure that make them better as of today than us.
    Posted by quinzpatsfan

Lol, fair enough. At this moment, I do like our chances (and we r set up to have a nice draft to fill other needs). Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Baltimore lost a couple of their starting O-Linemen? That could bite them.

I think it's fair to expect a slight drop in defense from the Ravens and Steelers (I think they'll both be good though, don't get me wrong). Ravens lost J. Johnson and Reed/Lewis are going to be a year older. Same for Steelers D (and they could potentially lose Wallace).

Texans lost Mario, but their D seemed to do fine without him last year. They could still use some help in the secondary and Schaub's health is a question mark (I don't think they can win it all without him). They still need another WR to play alongside Andre.

SD has had a couple nice signings, but they did lose V-Jax. I'll be interested to see Meachem in an offense like SD's with a bigger role. However, they are the Chargers...never know what you'll get. I do like KC's upgrades, but they lost Carr and they don't scare me until they prove that they can do some damage. I'm not too high on Denver until I see Manning in action.

Jets...not too worried atm.  Dolphins are in a hole with their QB issues and no B. Marshall.

With a good draft and a couple more signings for depth, I like our chances. Draft defense (with maybe a WR and/or O-Lineman somewhere), get another RB and ESTABLISH A RUN GAME (Please :) ?). I think Lloyd will help our passing game out a lot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: A week into free agency and who's gonna challenge us in the division or afc? : Lol, fair enough. At this moment, I do like our chances (and we r set up to have a nice draft to fill other needs). Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Baltimore lost a couple of their starting O-Linemen? That could bite them. I think it's fair to expect a slight drop in defense from the Ravens and Steelers (I think they'll both be good though, don't get me wrong). Ravens lost J. Johnson and Reed/Lewis are going to be a year older. Same for Steelers D (and they could potentially lose Wallace). Texans lost Mario, but their D seemed to do fine without him last year. They could still use some help in the secondary and Schaub's health is a question mark (I don't think they can win it all without him). They still need another WR to play alongside Andre. SD has had a couple nice signings, but they did lose V-Jax. I'll be interested to see Meachem in an offense like SD's with a bigger role. However, they are the Chargers...never know what you'll get. I do like KC's upgrades, but they lost Carr and they don't scare me until they prove that they can do some damage. I'm not too high on Denver until I see Manning in action. Jets...not too worried atm.  Dolphins are in a hole with their QB issues and no B. Marshall. With a good draft and a couple more signings for depth, I like our chances. Draft defense (with maybe a WR and/or O-Lineman somewhere), get another RB and ESTABLISH A RUN GAME (Please :) ?). I think Lloyd will help our passing game out a lot.
    Posted by AyyyBoston

Good stuff. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Patriots are going to dominate and due to the genius of BB the GM they have depth to withstand injuries more than any team in the league.

One team that wont challenge Imo is the Jets, they are headed for an even bigger fall than last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonola. Show nonola's posts

On paper and the field no one can challenge the Patriots. An injured player at the wrong time can and will ( Gronk in the superbowl) and can cause problems. As long as Sanchez, Flacco, an under performing Rivers, a we don't know if he can even play Peyton, are our main competitors, we will be fine. Superbowl appearances are determined by coaches and quarterbacks. It is few and far between that average at both positions advance that far. A Rex Ryan and Matt Sanchez will never see a superbowl from the field up. They are the dictionary picture of average. We will and should expect at least 2 more appearances while TB and BB are outpr QB and cach.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

On paper and the field no one can challenge the Patriots. An injured player at the wrong time can and will ( Gronk in the superbowl) and can cause problems. As long as Sanchez, Flacco, an under performing Rivers, a we don't know if he can even play Peyton, are our main competitors, we will be fine. Superbowl appearances are determined by coaches and quarterbacks. It is few and far between that average at both positions advance that far. A Rex Ryan and Matt Sanchez will never see a superbowl from the field up. They are the dictionary picture of average. We will and should expect at least 2 more appearances while TB and BB are outpr QB and cach.
    Posted by nonola

Agreed, well maybe not on Manning, if he is healthy and plays like he did b4 the injury Denver's certianly challenging on paper, with the Def, let's see if they sign Clark.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: A week into free agency and who's gonna challenge us in the division or afc? : Lol, fair enough. At this moment, I do like our chances (and we r set up to have a nice draft to fill other needs). Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Baltimore lost a couple of their starting O-Linemen? That could bite them. I think it's fair to expect a slight drop in defense from the Ravens and Steelers (I think they'll both be good though, don't get me wrong). Ravens lost J. Johnson and Reed/Lewis are going to be a year older. Same for Steelers D (and they could potentially lose Wallace). Texans lost Mario, but their D seemed to do fine without him last year. They could still use some help in the secondary and Schaub's health is a question mark (I don't think they can win it all without him). They still need another WR to play alongside Andre. SD has had a couple nice signings, but they did lose V-Jax. I'll be interested to see Meachem in an offense like SD's with a bigger role. However, they are the Chargers...never know what you'll get. I do like KC's upgrades, but they lost Carr and they don't scare me until they prove that they can do some damage. I'm not too high on Denver until I see Manning in action. Jets...not too worried atm.  Dolphins are in a hole with their QB issues and no B. Marshall. With a good draft and a couple more signings for depth, I like our chances. Draft defense (with maybe a WR and/or O-Lineman somewhere), get another RB and ESTABLISH A RUN GAME (Please :) ?). I think Lloyd will help our passing game out a lot.
    Posted by AyyyBoston

Yes, Balitmore is teetering like Pitt is.  They could absolutely hang on for one more run, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them have some issues. A lot has bronken right for them the last few years and their windows seem to be closing.

Pitt has lost a ton of experience has some cap issues and Balt is in a similar boat. They still need to pay Ray Rice.

To me it's, NE, Houston and KC as the top dogs. Cincy is there.  SD is there. SD may have lost VJack, but he hasn't played much for them the last two years and the Eddie Royal signing was a nice one for them.  It steals from Denver and he's pretty good, and much cheaper than VJack, so that helps their cap. Norvie is always an issue, but as long as you have Rivers and a sound base, they'll be around. They aren't old like Pitt and Balt are.

Tenn could be a wildcard with a 2nd year coach and some stability, and Buffalo also is on the rise, IMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

San Diego also got Meachem, but hasn't replaced Sproles/Torbert... and of course their head coach, haha

Buffalo could win 9-10 games

Teams like Cincy, Houston, KC are all 9-10 win clubs that don't scare me

Balt/Pitt have to be injury free and get homefield for me to worry

If Denver loads up on more talent around Peyton I'd worry about them for sure

Jets won't even go .500

Sections
Shortcuts