A Wilson officially on IR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: A Wilson officially on IR

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to maine12's comment:

This thread is another JOKE. When Wilson was signed I remember the thread and almost everyone loved the sighing. Now he's IR'd I see all kinds of clowns coming on here saying "I told you so". Whats you point, no body here has said who the Pats should have signed instead. I didn't mind when they signed A Wilson, but I strongly wanted the Pats to draft Matt Elam to play SS. That was my alternative. 

You guys coming on here saying bad signing and the secondary is still weak point. Well what was your idea? 

lol, I hope you remember me not being thrilled with the signing and getting killed for it being told to calm down it was a good signing and they were going to clean up in the secondary market

I do remember.  There were a bunch of us who advised caution, but the usual suspects were telling us Wilson was the greatest, most brilliant thing since sliced bread.

I never didn't like the signing . . . just cautioned people about thinking Wilson was going to make that big of an impact.  I always saw him as most likely to be a back-up or rotational player at this stage in his career. 

Here's a few examples of what I said at the time:

Re: Adrian Wilson is what this Secondary needed

posted at 3/15/2013 9:09 PM EDT

I like this move.  Not 100% sure exactly how much he has left in the tank and wouldn't set my expectations too high, but I expect him to at least be in the rotation back there and provide us with some quality depth if he doesn't end up winning the starting role. 

Re: So... is Adrian Wilson really washed up?

posted at 3/17/2013 12:30 PM EDT

I really see this as one of those veterans that BB signs to be part of a rotation.  I doubt he's going to be on the field nearly every snap through the whole season like McCourty will be.  He's probably going to be rotating with Gregory and Tavon Wilson.  I could be wrong, but that's how I see his role--and I think it's a good role for this team. 

Re: additional camp observations (but still early)

posted at 8/6/2013 1:09 PM EDT

Have any of you guys been to camp other than rkarp?  I'd be very surprised if A. Wilson doesn't make the team, but I also wouldn't be terribly surprised if he doesn't win a starting job next to McCourty.  He did lose his starting job in Arizona after all.  And I believe at some point he was sharing snaps with ex-Pat James Sanders.  Until I see him play, I don't know how I could say he is a lock for anything.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

This thread is another JOKE. When Wilson was signed I remember the thread and almost everyone loved the sighing. Now he's IR'd I see all kinds of clowns coming on here saying "I told you so". Whats you point, no body here has said who the Pats should have signed instead. I didn't mind when they signed A Wilson, but I strongly wanted the Pats to draft Matt Elam to play SS. That was my alternative. 

You guys coming on here saying bad signing and the secondary is still weak point. Well what was your idea? 

Hold on here....this issue was debated extensively prior...the list of S's most liked ahead of Wilson was extensive, albeit not cheap, but the Pats did/still do have the money to fix this issue once and for all.

Goldson, Delmas, Quinn and Moore IMO would have been younger, longer term upgrades over Wilson.

Rhodes and Pollard would have been shorter term, but for this year a better alternative than Wilson

I wonder if recently released KPhillips might be worthy look as a rotational S that would fit the thumper, cover the TE role. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Whelp another great signing over better quality FA's that were available...

Amen! The Pats are no better in the secondary this year than they were last year...except that they'll have Aqib Talib for the full season. Signing a washed up Adrian Wilson was as bad a free agency signing as the selection of Tavon Wilson with the 48th overall pick in the 2012 draft was a selection.

BB supposedly signed aging Adrian Wilson to add an intimidator at SS. Why he didn't pursue a real intimidator in 28 year old SS Bernard Pollard instead, who could have been had for equal or less money, is beyond me. 

It's so frustrating to see these horrible personnel decisions being made by BB, that are hurting the team's chances of winning another championship. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Wrong!!

There were plenty of us that cautioned against the signing of Wilson, many of us thought he was too old and we could of/should of done better. I made the outrageous suggestion that we should of went out and paid  Goldson - I thought he was a difference maker - and worth the money. I've watched this guy hit people so hard as a in the box safety, that I thought he killed them. I don't know if I've ever seen a guy be able to propel himself so low and with so much directed speed as this guy towards a ball carrier...that would of helped...that could of changed things. Instead we got a leg less, washed up, cheap veteran...again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

He didn't have a hamstring injury - that is the biggest line of bull crap I've ever seen coming out of Foxboro - he couldn't run well enough anymore and Belichick is paying him a solid for coming across the country. In two weeks he'll get some sort of injury settlement...probably a couple hundred thousand for him giving it a go over the summer.

Something struck me as kind of funny while listening to an interview with Mayo this summer - he was asked about Wilson - he kind of hesitated and gave a very standard reply about him...good guy, a veteran that knows defenses, I hope he can help us, sort of thing. Not a...this guy is going to be a force back there, he's big and he's going to lay the wood on someone...he's going to change things behind us. Mayo is a guy that praises a lot of guys on the defense, I thought his lack of comments were very telling that Wilson was done. 

I pretty much agree with this.  Call me highly skeptical of this "injury".

Let's play along.   When did this injury occur?  Before the preseason started?  After game 1, 2, 3, 4?

What is the best treatment for a hamstring?  R-E-S-T

Are we to believe he played the preseason with a hamstring injury when rest would have been advised?   This isn't a rookie we are talking about.  This is a veteran.  Veterans usually earn the right to sit out preseason games as long as they are ready for the real games.  What would have been the point for this veteran to play through an injury in the preseason?

Are we to believe the injury occurred during/after preseason Game 4?  If so, then he was a virtual no-show in earlier games and appeared too slow.

We'll probably never know the truth unless there is another NSA leaker around Foxboro.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

He could be designated to return and come back in a few weeks.

This^

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

He could be designated to return and come back in a few weeks.

This^

[/QUOTE]

If they are/were going to use the exemption they have to label him that from the beginning. You can't put someone on IR and 3 weeks later label him the exemption. Could they have, sure, but the paperwork needs to be filled and someone would have leaked it by now. It's still possible he is but since we haven't heard he is we have to assume it's the year long one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

These are the guys eligible this year to be chosen as the guy who can be resurrected from IR.  Not sure if they designated anyone yet or what the deadline for deciding is.  

68Green, TyronneG6-2316275Auburn

67bGrissom, CoryDL6-231623RSouth Florida

84Moe, T.J.WR6-020022RMissouri

24Wilson, AdrianS6-32303313North Carolina State

66Zusevics, MarkusOL6-5300242Iowa

Update: Researchsuggests the player must be designated for return when placed on IR and he must be on IR by the deadline for cutting the roster to 53. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Can I use the phrase" "Warnings were out" Wink

When they got Wilson, I cautioned everyone about assuming too much about a guy who lost snaps to James Sanders last year.  I got ridiculed by the usual suspects (Wilson would be the next Rodney Harrison, etc.), but I've observed over the years that fans tend to get both too positive and too negative about players who haven't yet touched the field for the Pats.  You can't buy the car until you kick the tires . . . 

Don't worry, nobody will own up to it after the fact. That's how many roll around here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Rusty was leading the awilson is a brilliant signing charge.

Of course he was.

He also leads the "BB craps gold bricks" charge.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

[QUOTE]

Who were the better Safeties available at that price point?

No one ever says who it is, which is telling.  At least I nailed the Tommy Kelly one.  Nailed it cold. Even told people here he was outperforming lazy Seymour in Oakland.

Still like the approach in going after vets where you need them.  Too bad they didn't want to wait on a veteran with a hamstring tweak.

Hopefully, Tavon Wilson emerges in the big nickel and builds off of last year's solid work there.

My god that's pathetic...you nailed the Tom Kelly signing? Pull up the thread, you'll see everyone nailed that one.

[/QUOTE]

Just like he nailed the jets downturn, that 25 other people predicted here as well.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

My idea was to get a real GM 6 years ago. LMAO

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

That's because you don't know who Adrian Wilson is. Anyone luke warm on Wilson is a MORON.

Go look at his resume.

Many here, assuming those who very much knows his career, liked him here like I did.

It was a gamble on a guy that was said to be over the hill. BB lost that gamble. Nothing new dumbkoff.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Who were the better Safeties available at that price point?

No one ever says who it is, which is telling.  At least I nailed the Tommy Kelly one.  Nailed it cold. Even told people here he was outperforming lazy Seymour in Oakland.

Still like the approach in going after vets where you need them.  Too bad they didn't want to wait on a veteran with a hamstring tweak.

Hopefully, Tavon Wilson emerges in the big nickel and builds off of last year's solid work there.

My god that's pathetic...you nailed the Tom Kelly signing? Pull up the thread, you'll see everyone nailed that one.

[/QUOTE]

Just like he nailed the jets downturn, that 25 other people predicted here as well.

[/QUOTE]

Liar.

Mt HUrl had no idea who Kelly was. FACT.

He was ranting and raving about Seymour here for 3 years and I pointed out to him Kelly was outplaying Seymour.

Who do you two think you are? There are PLENTY of witnesses on that one.

You can't change history.  And, as for the Jets, that is false.  Mt Hurl and RKrap told us the warnings were out people!

The Jets are coming!

In fact, just about 5 months ago, Mt Hurl said he wished BB did what the Jets did with regards to how they built their team.

That's the truth.

So, NO...I was the one in here back in 2009 talking about what the Jets were doing trying to sell PSLs to their fans which is why they were doing what they did, why they hired Rex Ryan, etc, was why it would fail.

Christ, I couldn't have nailed that one from the get go any better, short of the buttfumble last year and comical elements that followed.

So, don't lie. Some of you all but came off as Jets fans in here the last few years, falling for the Jets and their blather.

It was only when Brady sucked leading our offense vs their crap team in the playoffs, did you get really angry.

Little did we know, Brady would carry on that crap play in the 2011 postseason.

[/QUOTE]

No, you are the LIAR. Actually, you are the biggest liar on the board. All you do is lie.

I and numerous others predicted the jets downfall. It was obvious dumbkoff.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Russ, pointing out that awilson was perhaps not the answer and that there were other, better safeties to be had, is not wanting bb to fail, but rather the pats to succeed. 

you keep coming back to the Kelly signing as some sort of get out of jail card. Yes, saying Kelly was a good signing was a good call, especially given the fact that love and deaderick who were both scrubs were getting more time than they should have. An upgrade was necessary and bb did well here with Kelly. Now the opposite I think is true with awilson. He is not terrible, and maybe what we need, but the fact remains there were better options to get this thing fixed once and for all and bb didn't bite. Pointing out one doesn't make anyone a troll or wanting bb to fail. I am not sure why you take this so personalky like it was your decision or maybe your dads? 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My idea was to get a real GM 6 years ago. LMAO

[/QUOTE]

Right, the GM who has the best draft yields int he last 3 years in the entire NFL, needed to be replaced.

[/QUOTE]

Right, the GM who hasn't won a SB since the players he inherited got old. Truth.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Name the Safeties better available.  I have asked trolls like you to do it, and no one says anything.

FRAUD

Do you get you look like a fraud when trolls like you dodge easy questions?

No, when they do name someone you just shoot it down like a troll. Why would anyone try and have a reasonable discussion with you when you refuse to change your mind about anything?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Guess what, I was very happy with the Tommy Kelly signing too. That must mean I'm some kind of genius! You're pathetic.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Right, the GM who has the best draft yields int he last 3 years in the entire NFL, needed to be replaced.

Also, BB was Executive of the Year in 2010, but he can never win that award because of how the personnel titles are designated here.

But, yeah, we need a new GM.  Laughable.

Do you think Brady will crap himself in the title game again this year with the automatic 2 INTs again?

HEy!  Should our GM trade Brady to a California team so he can be closer to his mansion at age 37?

Unreal. We get that you're mortified about what happened with Wilson. The way you paraded around here berating everyone else would make anyone feel pretty embarassed. The sad part is you can't own up to it and be a man like Dreighver did. The only thing you can come up with is more jabs at the best player in franchise history. BB would laugh at you if he could see what you say about Brady. Fall out of his chair laughing.

Sections
Shortcuts