A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance.

I get it the Patriots won, beat a division rival but the Patriots left too many points out on the field today.  At times it looked like Rex had out coached BB yet again, not having answers for all the different coverages the Jets were lining up in.  BJGE had a nice day, Welker had some good plays too. Gronk, Hernandez, Branch and Ocho all contributed but I think they should have been able to do much more on offense then they did.

The D played the run well, didn't get the amount of pressure on Sancheeze that I thought they would and let Holmes get open too much.  If it wasn't for Plax dropping so many balls the D would have really gave up a lot of key pass plays.

The Jets O coordinator Brian Schottenheimer should be fired.  A lot of predictable play calling once again by him.  I know the Jets wanted to run more and ground and pound but they tried too hard and ran the ball too much.

Looking forward to the Cowboys and then a much needed bye week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Re: A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance.

In Response to A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance.:
    I get it the Patriots won, beat a division rival but the Patriots left too many points out on the field today.  At times it looked like Rex had out coached BB yet again, not having answers for all the different coverages the Jets were lining up in.  BJGE had a nice day, Welker had some good plays too. Gronk, Hernandez, Branch and Ocho all contributed but I think they should have been able to do much more on offense then they did. The D played the run well, didn't get the amount of pressure on Sancheeze that I thought they would and let Holmes get open too much.  If it wasn't for Plax dropping so many balls the D would have really gave up a lot of key pass plays. The Jets O coordinator Brian Schottenheimer should be fired.  A lot of predictable play calling once again by him.  I know the Jets wanted to run more and ground and pound but they tried too hard and ran the ball too much. Looking forward to the Cowboys and then a much needed bye week.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Forget perfection, BMF. Seek W's, and this was a very good one. I'm far more confident in this team now than I was before the game. Lots of character shown out there today. A Lot of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

You can't be hating on a win BMF.  The Game's not close if my boy Hernandez hangs onto that TD pass.  Blame rust not the team for that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i thought this was a great win...after weeks of so much criticism, it thought the d pulled through to help out a sputtering offense. if not for that long return, who knows, maybe jets would ahve scored less. the best part for me was that mayo was out and ah does not look 100% (maybe, that is the ah of now).

slowly, the d is progressing. if that last nyj was frustrating because of the spot cover, i would not put it on the players. i really think that they were told to play that way.

the offense is not yet gelling 100%. i think they are still adjusting to the more balanced offense. i don't think the OLmen have fully embraced the idea of having to run block for 30-35 snaps a game. there were moments there in the 1H when they looked like they were just going through the motions. we should see them click by wk 10.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance.:
    I get it the Patriots won, beat a division rival but the Patriots left too many points out on the field today.  At times it looked like Rex had out coached BB yet again, not having answers for all the different coverages the Jets were lining up in.  BJGE had a nice day, Welker had some good plays too. Gronk, Hernandez, Branch and Ocho all contributed but I think they should have been able to do much more on offense then they did. The D played the run well, didn't get the amount of pressure on Sancheeze that I thought they would and let Holmes get open too much.  If it wasn't for Plax dropping so many balls the D would have really gave up a lot of key pass plays. The Jets O coordinator Brian Schottenheimer should be fired.  A lot of predictable play calling once again by him.  I know the Jets wanted to run more and ground and pound but they tried too hard and ran the ball too much. Looking forward to the Cowboys and then a much needed bye week.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Yup you're right

30 points--terrible

Great ground game--worthless

7 punts forced on 10 possesions--awful

You're right I don't know why I even bother watching them

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I thought we should have won the game by 6 and knelt down 3 times.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

If Hernandez holds on for a TD pass before the half then this thread doesn't exist. 37 to 21 if Hernandez holds on. That really is the only complaint we can have, the Patriots beat a great defense today with their running game. Of course we left points on the field but we got 30 and should of had 37 if not for 1 big mistake before the half.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance.:
    30 points (despite the Hernandez f-up) and nearly 500 yards offense against the toe sucker is a good showing
    Posted by Encinitas

Really, 446 yards of offense against the vaunted Jets D (and only 255 yds for the Jets O); I'll take that any week.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance.:
    I thought we should have won the game by 6 and knelt down 3 times.
    Posted by Philskiw1

they had at least one timeout left...two i thought.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Anyone else think OP is a troll?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought it was a solid win against a good opponent. The Jets have some players on both sides of the ball and they were a desperate team coming in. I do think Ryan knows how to put together blitz  packages, I couldn't believe how this guy can get a guy to come in there free like he does. Our defense still is a major work in progress, they gained some confidence against a terrible quarterback today.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance. : Really, 446 yards of offense against the vaunted Jets D (and only 255 yds for the Jets O); I'll take that any week.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

Ravens only had 267 yrds against them last week and The Pats only allowed 100 more yrds than the Ravens.  If not for Herns s crew-up it wouldn't have been close. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Left 21 points out there on the field today, really thought the Pats looked bad the first half.  Luckily they showed up for the 2nd half.  Seriously, this game should have been a complete blow out from start to finish.  Yes, it's a win and against a division rival so that's good but so much to work on to have a chance at the big trophy. 

Troll? whatever!  Go back and read the game thread, lots of negative remarks in there with the way the team was playing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I thought it was a good overall game, some mental mistakes/penalties early on. Special teams could have been better and let the jets back in w/ little work on their part.

Mixed up the offense today, did a decent job there. Hernandez shoulda held onto that catch.

Considering Mayo was out, the D is playing better than expected...lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Hernandez doesn't drop that TD(pick) it's close to a blow out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Team is heading in a good direction. Offense firing great (Another 30 pt game). The D had 7 3-and-outs. If the secondary stays healthy and gels we will be good. Remember BB does a lot of zone coverage.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My flash power ratings after the Pats-Jets game:

Did you ever wonder how I could come up with statistically valid numeric rankings after only the first week of games?  Easy, I was using old 2010 rankings and adding the first week’s results to them. 

Gradually the 2011 results gained traction.  Week 5, now, is the week that I will finally cut the residual ties to 2010 results.  Consequently, a number of teams are jumping up and down the rankings this week, but the cutoff has to be done.  Because of the cutoff, lots of changes are revealed here.  I wouldn’t want to hide the differences between 2010 and 2011 because they are pronounced and often as not they say something about the characters of certain teams.

Ratings are out of 16 victories if the season started fresh tomorrow.

1   gb   14.3   (last wk. 2)  Entirely on 2011 reputation this week.  Congrats.

2   ne   12.8   (last wk. 1)  New England’s rep in the last half of last year was golden.  Losing that afterglow drags New England down towards earth.  Still, the 2011 Pats have earned a #2 ranking this year by comfortably beating good teams.

3   bal   12.8   (last wk. 3)  No, I would not switch two teams with nearly the same power ranking.  Baltimore is statistically a tiny fraction below New England for now.

4   det   11.8   (last wk. 4)

5   buf   10.8   (last wk. 13)  Buffalo had a horrid rep last year.  I bet they’re glad to cut off that 2010 tail of theirs.  In 2011, good against KC and generally tough in defeat.

6   no   10.6   (last wk. 5)

7   sf   10.5   (last wk. 20)  Somehow they demolished a pretty good team in a laugher this week.  That counts for something.

8   oak   10.5   (last wk. 16)  This one’s a shock.  However, they did beat up on both the Jets at home and Houston on the road.  Give it up for good 2011 performances.

9   nyj   9.7   (last wk. 10)  About on target.  My stats care nothing for a team’s win-lose record, which is a horrid predictor of future performance.  All that I compare are margins of victory, avoiding various tickytack scores.

10   hou   9.7   (last wk. 6)

11   dal   9.6   (last wk. 15)

12   chi   9.5   (last wk. 9)

13   pit   9.4   (last wk. 7)  Pittsburgh drops because they have now lost last year’s glitter.

14   cin   8.8   (last wk. 21)  Note:  I had to make a judgment call today on that silly touchdown with zero seconds left.  In the end I followed my preset rules and gave Cincy credit for the game’s final fumble/touchdown.  The score was in doubt on the final play, so count the TD.  It won’t matter much someday.

15   sd   8.3   (last wk. 12)

16   ten   8.0   (last wk. 8)  Pittsburgh just took the air out of Tennessee this week.  Tennessee is a good reason why I hang onto 2010 statistics through 4 games in 2011.  Bad teams sometimes have a fluke game, and the statistics need a bit of stability.

17   phi   7.7   (last wk. 18)  They were mediocre last week, mediocre this week too.

18   was   7.7   (last wk. 19)

19   min   7.3   (last wk. 22)

20   den   7.2   (last wk. 25)

21   car   6.8   (last wk. 30)  Carolina actually grew some whiskers this week.  Pretty good!

22   sea   6.3   (last wk. 31)  Another team grew some whiskers! 

23   atl   6.2   (last wk. 17)  This team lost its 2010 afterglow.  This report is before the Green Bay night game!  Right now Atlanta is ahead by two touchdowns, pretty good, but I don’t try to factor half-games into my stats.

24   nyg   6.0   (last wk. 11)  All of the teams that the Jints have played were pretty much duds.  If Seattle can beat the Giants badly, what’s left?

25   az   5.1   (last wk. 27)

26   tb   5.0   (last wk. 14)  I stopped counting this last beating at 31 points down.  Even so, I need evidence that anyone is home to get The Bucs out of the cellar.  Now it’s ok in the NFL to just give up and suck your thumb?

27   mia   4.9   (last wk. 24)

28   kc   4.9   (last wk. 26)  A statistical loss of afterglow weighs a bit more heavily than beating Indy this week.

29   jac   4.7   (last wk. 29)

30   cle   3.8   (last wk. 28)

31   stl   2.9   (last wk. 32)

32   ind   2.3   (last wk. 23)  Big loss of 2010 afterglow.  TexasPat was right in last week’s rankings.  In 2011 this Peyton-free team survives only on photosynthesis, and looks up to higher life forms such as the Venus Fly Trap.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Divisional games, regardless of the talent on either side, are always tough. If you can walk out of divisional game with a Win, it really doesn't matter too much what the stat sheet says.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Divisional games, regardless of the talent on either side, are always tough. If you can walk out of divisional game with a Win, it really doesn't matter too much what the stat sheet says.
    Posted by 4Adam13

we need the jets to beat the bills....lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

We really need to be happy with this win guys. Were 4-1 , Dallas next week. Then our bye week. This was a pretty big game. As big a game there is as for the reg. season imo. Can we improve , absolutely. The defense still has a ways to go. Our offense seemed to have found a nice balance this game. I really like the Ridley/BJGE combo. Each brings something special to the game and require game planning for. Lets beat Dallas this week. Try and get somewhat healthy during the bye and go strong into the second part of the season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Left 21 points out there on the field today, really thought the Pats looked bad the first half.  Luckily they showed up for the 2nd half.  Seriously, this game should have been a complete blow out from start to finish.  Yes, it's a win and against a division rival so that's good but so much to work on to have a chance at the big trophy.  Troll? whatever!  Go back and read the game thread, lots of negative remarks in there with the way the team was playing.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

I understand your concern because the offense was sloppy at times, Branch got lucky on that fumble because if the Jet player hits him a half a second later that call is not overturned. Welker killed two drives with drops but both tight ends were playing unhealthy (apparently Gronkowski was really sick or something) so take it easy on them. The Positives still outweigh the negatives. The defense finally played well today. Which is more impressive considering Mayo was out. Yes, the Jets offense is putrid but so was Miami's and look what kind of yardage they put up. The Jets are a super bowl contender and they usually win these type of games but not today. To me this was the best win of the season because the defense really showed up today. The loss of Woodhead is probably the main reason the game was closer than it should have been. He was a real problem for the Jets to handle last year catching balls out of the backfield.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Was Gronk sick? I was getting frustrated all game because when he is catching passes the offense really seems to click.

Overall, it was a game where injuries seemed to hurt, but the team played a full 60 minutes. I like that. I have seen way too many fourth quarter drives stall lately. The offense finally put the dagger through the heart of a team by draining the clock on that last drive. The defense had its ups and downs, however this was the first week they allowed less than 300 passing yards. Instead they allowed less than 200 and most of those were garbage time yards.

It was a complete team effort by the Pats against a team that knows them very well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Was Gronk sick? I was getting frustrated all game because when he is catching passes the offense really seems to click.
    Posted by magicalhobo

According to ESPN Boston he was. Apparently he almost did not play, if the post game article written by Mike Reiss is accurate.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

BradyMossFan, that was a hard fought win. Not the type of win we are used to having here since 2007 but more of the type of win we enjoyed and cherished back in the superbowl years.

Tough defense, "ground and pouind" with Brady spreading the ball around.

Close win, but a win nonetheless.

Sections
Shortcuts