A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance.

they had at least one timeout left...two i thought.

I believe they used their last time out just before the 3rd and 2. A first down would hav iced it. I am hoping that we can have the confidence to run on 4th and 1 and get those. I like seeing Brady carry those kneel down balls off the field. I remember Drew Bledsoe being interviewed. He said he still has every kneel down ball he ever did.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance.:
    I get it the Patriots won, beat a division rival but the Patriots left too many points out on the field today.  At times it looked like Rex had out coached BB yet again, not having answers for all the different coverages the Jets were lining up in.  BJGE had a nice day, Welker had some good plays too. Gronk, Hernandez, Branch and Ocho all contributed but I think they should have been able to do much more on offense then they did. The D played the run well, didn't get the amount of pressure on Sancheeze that I thought they would and let Holmes get open too much.  If it wasn't for Plax dropping so many balls the D would have really gave up a lot of key pass plays. The Jets O coordinator Brian Schottenheimer should be fired.  A lot of predictable play calling once again by him.  I know the Jets wanted to run more and ground and pound but they tried too hard and ran the ball too much. Looking forward to the Cowboys and then a much needed bye week.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

BB was never out coached in this game.  You said it yourself about recievers not catching the ball.  The plays called worked. 

Schottenheimer gave Rex what he wanted.  Rex talked about it after last weeks loss.  They were going to run.

Special teams killed the Pats giving the Jets great field position almost every time.  It was nothing special either.  Up the gut.  The Jets must have saw something on film.

Perfection seems to be a mounting problem for this board.  The Pats must bang on all cylinders all the time.  The Pats win and it's not enough.  If you go to the Jets board and read some comments it mirrors our board after a win.  They want their OC fired too!  The Jets defense comes into question.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

good game good win...def left some points out there and game wasnt as close as score indicated...   d seems to be improving in small spurts something to build on 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I would have like to have seen them score more points in the first half (it felt a little too much like the two loses to the Jets last year), but I was very pleased with their second half performance.  The versatility on offense really paid off as they were able to mount long, effective drives (something they struggled with last year in the second halves of the two Jets losses).  

Also thought the defense played reasonably well--albeit against a weak offense. Thought the run defense was very good early and late in the game (they had some problems mid game). Pass defense was better than it's been, although Sanchez isn't the toughest test either. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance.:
    I would have like to have seen them score more points in the first half (it felt a little too much like the two loses to the Jets last year), but I was very pleased with their second half performance.  The versatility on offense really paid off as they were able to mount long, effective drives (something they struggled with last year in the second halves of the two Jets losses).   Also thought the defense played reasonably well--albeit against a weak offense. Thought the run defense was very good early and late in the game (they had some problems mid game). Pass defense was better than it's been, although Sanchez isn't the toughest test either. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

One thing the 1st half showed was that all that 'hit Brady and he'll be useless' crap is just that-a load of crap. Brady got knocked around, got up and delivered the ball on the next play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

BMF- I think Tom agrees with your assessment. PATS left some big points on the field. Good win for sure. But too close, TB hit too many times, some major gaffes on both sides of the ball, (horrble red zone int) and uneven play.
    Thank Gawd the PATS had a strong 2nd half.
    And Thanks to the fans at Gillette who stayed loud and "in" the game.
    Looking forward to Cowboys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance.:
    Left 21 points out there on the field today, really thought the Pats looked bad the first half.  Luckily they showed up for the 2nd half.  Seriously, this game should have been a complete blow out from start to finish.  Yes, it's a win and against a division rival so that's good but so much to work on to have a chance at the big trophy.  Troll? whatever!  Go back and read the game thread, lots of negative remarks in there with the way the team was playing.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Your right BMF, The first half offense was scary whether anybody here wants to admit it or not. When was the last time Brady was sacked that many times? Jets Playoff game?

We can't allow Brady to take hits like that at his age, anyone of them could have an impact on the rest of the season.

People will jump on me for this but Brady seemed to be locked in on one guy for a few plays out there, seems like he really wanted the big play a few times. The 2 deep balls to Hernandez was a little strange? The guy is just coming back from a knee and we're running him 40 yards down field?

Anyway, I agree with the above poster, we have not gelled yet, when this team works the run and pass off of each other we will see some 40 and 50 point score boards. We have the best offense in this league, and will start seeing it soon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I've been waiting for this version of the Patriots to do a certain particular thing, and they did it yesterday. They ran out the clock against a solid run defense that knew what they wanted to do and couldn't stop them.

Forget about those points they "left on the field." When it was time to simply take the game away from New Jersey, they did it. I'm not sure how excited I would get about the defense. The Jests' offense is exquisitely putrid, but the way the Pats shoved it down New Jersey's throat when it really mattered is very encouraging.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It was a great win. For those who are happy piling up regular season wins, all is well. For those of us who are pulling for the Pats to cement their legacy with another Super Bowl win, there is still reason for concern, primarily on the defensive side of the ball. All you need to know is hearing about how a hapless Jets offense was able to "regain some confidence" against our D. Not to mention our D's poor red zone play. I don't want to hear about Hernandez' dropped pass. The offense's problems are fixable. The defense's problems may or may not be. 

Having said that, if we manage to win the division this will stand as one of the big wins of the year so we'll take it!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I honestly think this was the best overall performance by the Pats this year to date. Yeah stinks that Hernades didn't get that TD but mistakes happened. Luckily we didn't give the Jets any freebie points from mistakes like the Cowboys did.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance.:
    I get it the Patriots won, beat a division rival but the Patriots left too many points out on the field today.  At times it looked like Rex had out coached BB yet again, not having answers for all the different coverages the Jets were lining up in.  BJGE had a nice day, Welker had some good plays too. Gronk, Hernandez, Branch and Ocho all contributed but I think they should have been able to do much more on offense then they did. The D played the run well, didn't get the amount of pressure on Sancheeze that I thought they would and let Holmes get open too much.  If it wasn't for Plax dropping so many balls the D would have really gave up a lot of key pass plays. The Jets O coordinator Brian Schottenheimer should be fired.  A lot of predictable play calling once again by him.  I know the Jets wanted to run more and ground and pound but they tried too hard and ran the ball too much. Looking forward to the Cowboys and then a much needed bye week.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

I agree with practically everything you stated above, except the part about Brian Shottenheimer. In order to be creative as an OC, you need some talent to work with. Jets' GM Mike Tannenbaum is at least partly to blame for a poor off-season. He spent too much time chasing Asomugha...and let guys who could have helped his offense, like Darren Sproles and Brad Smith, slip through his fingers. The Jets needed OL depth, and got none. They wasted money on 35 year old Plaxico Burress and 37 year old Derrick Mason: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/10/report-derrick-mason-benched-for-complaining/. Tomlinson is washed up...and another power RB is needed to facilitate the "ground and pound".  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Tomlinson is washed up

I did thoroughly enjoyed seeing him get smoked trying to block

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Re: A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance

In Response to Re: A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance:
    In Response to Re: A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance. : I got a text from a buddy of mine, a Jets fan. Somewhat level headed fan and he said: "Schotty is bad. How many more slants do we need?" This is not Schotty's fault, this is Sanchez's major flaws and Rex RYan not trusting Sanchez, with NY needing to "ground and pound" more. Schotty is doing exactly what is being asked of him.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

You have to consider that Jets fans will never place any blame on Rex. To them he is a God.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance:
    In Response to Re: A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance. : I got a text from a buddy of mine, a Jets fan. Somewhat level headed fan and he said: "Schotty is bad. How many more slants do we need?" This is not Schotty's fault, this is Sanchez's major flaws and Rex RYan not trusting Sanchez, with NY needing to "ground and pound" more. Schotty is doing exactly what is being asked of him.

Also bad personnel decisions, Id say Thomas Jones would still be better then a washed up LT. Anyone see Brad Smiths td yesterday? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I got a text from a buddy of mine, a Jets fan. Somewhat level headed fan and he said: "Schotty is bad. How many more slants do we need?" This is not Schotty's fault, this is Sanchez's major flaws and Rex RYan not trusting Sanchez, with NY needing to "ground and pound" more. Schotty is doing exactly what is being asked of him.

I disagree, I think a lot of it is Schotty's fault.  The play calling was horrible on the jets side.  They ran like 3 fake reverses, why not try a real one on one of them?  Not just that but yes, way to many short pass plays called.  Marty was horrible and Brian takes after his father.  They need to let Sancheeze sink or swim and let him mix in some deep balls during the game.  Schotty needs to cut him loose and see what he has.  This will answer a lot of questions about Sancheeze. Either he is going to be a pro QB or just out there to throw some quick slants and hand the ball off for the team.

I know, Rex is the head coach and the buck stops with him., He either needs to get rid of Schotty or tell him to make some changes in his play calling.  I think Rex has confidence in Sancheeze but I think Schotty is just plain scared to air it out. He isn't a pro level OC, imo!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: A win is a win but I'm not too thrilled with the Pats Performance : I disagree, I think a lot of it is Schotty's fault.  The play calling was horrible on the jets side.  They ran like 3 fake reverses, why not try a real one on one of them?  Not just that but yes, way to many short pass plays called.  Marty was horrible and Brian takes after his father.  They need to let Sancheeze sink or swim and let him mix in some deep balls during the game.  Schotty needs to cut him loose and see what he has.  This will answer a lot of questions about Sancheeze. Either he is going to be a pro QB or just out there to throw some quick slants and hand the ball off for the team. I know, Rex is the head coach and the buck stops with him., He either needs to get rid of Schotty or tell him to make some changes in his play calling.  I think Rex has confidence in Sancheeze but I think Schotty is just plain scared to air it out. He isn't a pro level OC, imo!
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Cut Sanchez lose? The guy has no weapons, other than Santonio Holmes...and has a down-graded running game, thanks to injuries on the OL, and a washed up Tomlinson.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think it was way better than the LAST game we played against them, and essentially the same.  They thought they had us blueprinted, and we UNblueprinted ourselves.  And Gronk was really sick, Hernandez not himself.  Yeah, I thought we did GREAT.  It will get better, also.  Sending them back to NJ with their heads down is always good.  And they never led.  Yep, good game.  

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I think it's good that the Pats aren't playing their best ball.  I think it's good that Ochocinco isn't having career games and Haynesworth is injured,

Why?  Because I want the team to peak at the end of the season - not the beginning.  I want Ocho to become a factor later in the season.  I want the Jets to use yesterday to game plan for the next meeting when, hopefully, Ocho is having a bigger impact.  I want other teams to not know how the Pats plan to fully use Haynesworth until later in the season.

It's a process - one that you want to preak in January, not October.

Sections
Shortcuts