A Win Is A Win....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

A Win Is A Win....

The Patriot's offense did fairly well....until the 4th quarter....and the D didn't show up until the last minute of the game.

A win is a win....

I have run out of words for the secondary tho....lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: A Win Is A Win....

Yup! A win IS a win and that was a win. So we won. Way to go, hopefully a large rock will fall from the sky and land on ALL of our defensive players. Might give us a fighting chance going forward.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

^Cancell that - let Chandler Jones take 15 steps to the right. The rest of them...squish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

gotta love winning the division by default

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I just said this in another thread.. A win is a win, No Matter how thin!

Thank god we have secondary help coming next week and McCourty looked decent at Safety today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Winning a close game is a great win.  No matter how bad the D played.. they bailed themselves out, which is something to hold on to.  Talib will add an element they currently do not have. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to Rerun85's comment:

Thank god we have secondary help coming next week and McCourty looked decent at Safety today.

true dat! :)

The secondary is rock bottom.  Only one way to go :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I swear the secondary doesn't even know who is where. BB preaches "just do you job" but if the secondary knew the job of the other guys out there they may actually play better and get better coverage.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Winning a close game is a great win.  No matter how bad the D played.. they bailed themselves out, which is something to hold on to.  Talib will add an element they currently do not have. 

Getz....that's what we are hoping for, anyway. Hopefully, the he's in decent shape and will get some plays against an opponent's best WR.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

I swear the secondary doesn't even know who is where. BB preaches "just do you job" but if the secondary knew the job of the other guys out there they may actually play better and get better coverage.

it seems that way, doesn't it?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:

Hey, If we beat the Colts, which we should... We're in command for a Bye week that we definitely need.

Talib is a top flight Corner..We have to happy about him coming in next week and Our offense can put up some righteous points. As usual we're pretty lucky to be Pats fans this year and every game is exciting.

P.S. The 3 man rush doesn't cut it when your secondary can't cover!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Hey, If we beat the Colts, which we should... We're in command for a Bye week that we definitely need.

Talib is a top flight Corner..We have to happy about him coming in next week and Our offense can put up some righteous points. As usual we're pretty lucky to be Pats fans this year and every game is exciting.

The Heart Attack Gang is a little to much for my hypertension...and I agree about the 3 man rush....a secondary can only cover for so long.  It's tough for our defense NOT  to make opposing QBs look like HOF QBs.....lol.

I'm very interested in our games vs. the texans and 49ers

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

The Heart Attack Gang is a little to much for my hypertension...and I agree about the 3 man rush....a secondary can only cover for so long.  It's tough for our defense NOT  to make opposing QBs look like HOF QBs.....lol.

Me too.. Interested but not optomistic at all. They're better than us right now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Me too.. Interested but not optomistic at all. They're better than us right now.

probably.  I was really hoping to see an improvement in our secondary after our bye week; even without Talib.  I wanted to see another complete game from this team....oh, well. There's always next week...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I actually think there is reason to optimistic. No team is that great this season. Look how Giants looked against the Bengals today, right now teh 49ers are struggling with the Rams. If the Texans lose to the Bears (the way they struggled with the Packers), are you afraid of an NFL where the Bears featuring Jay Cutler are the best team?

Now if Houston wins and score against the Bears defense, they are clearly the best in the league, and that game gets scarier (plus the idea of playing them in Houston in the playoffs).

Really, this season will come down to which playoff team plays the best in January/February. Last year, the Giants did not play like a championship team until the very end of the season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Our D got tourched!!  I hate how the team plays after a bye week, they blew the Steelers game last year after the bye and almost blew this one.

Why, why, why are they having Big Vince drop back into short pass coverage instead of rushing up the middle and putting pressure on the QB?  I think the Pats are the only team that does that and it does not work!! Thats why no other team does that!!

Did the Pats not practice during the bye week?  I was kind of expecting some good changes to the D after the bye but they got worse.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Our D got tourched!!  I hate how the team plays after a bye week, they blew the Steelers game last year after the bye and almost blew this one.

Why, why, why are they having Big Vince drop back into short pass coverage instead of rushing up the middle and putting pressure on the QB?  I think the Pats are the only team that does that and it does not work!! Thats why no other team does that!!

Did the Pats not practice during the bye week?  I was kind of expecting some good changes to the D after the bye but they got worse.

because he's our best cover guy on defense....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

This is why I almost don't even want a bye week for the playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

This is why I almost don't even want a bye week for the playoffs.

well, that's assuming the Patriots get a first round bye and get seeded 1st or 2nd :)

At this point, I don't think a bye during the playoffs going to make a difference. Either the coaches and defensive backs get their act together by then...or it will be a short playoff stint when we play better teams.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

It was ugly, enough fault to go around on both sides.

Sections
Shortcuts