Aaron Curry on trade block

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

Aaron Curry on trade block

should new england take a chance

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: Aaron Curry on trade block

depends on how much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

What would it take?  2nd or 3rd?  I would do it in a heartbeat.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

heck - yeah !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

if the price is right... yes !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't think the Seahawks are using him right, or their new scheme since drafting Curry fits his skill set. The kid produced big time in college, is very athletic, good size, tackling machine and won the Butkus award in college. It's hard for me to believe he went from all that production to sh!t in 2 years. I think it comes down to Seattle's scheme and how they want to use their LB's vs. Curry's skill set.
    He produced fairly well in his 1st 2 years. Not Mayo numbers, but good. He could possibly make a nice compliment to Mayo. I could see maybe using Curry as 4-3 WOLB, Mayo as the 4-3 SOLB and Fletcher/Spikes in the middle.
    I'd take a shot on him, possibly give up a 4th or 5th rounder if the Seahawks would be willing to take it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Curry on trade block:
    Posted by PatsFanGermany

No way! They'd also have to pay him his $5mil. salary.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Curry on trade block :      No way! They'd also have to pay him his $5mil. salary.
    Posted by TexasPat3

Exactly, one of the highest rookie contracts that year. He is a bust, simple as that. He is too small to be an pass rushing OLB. He's listed at 6' 2" inches and I'll wager he's not much over 6' 1".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from weloveme2. Show weloveme2's posts

2or3 they traded another 1 rd bust last year to the lions for a 6 or 7

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

If he were cheap. It would be interesting to see him lined up here instead of in Seattle, though, ultimately, I wouldn't expect miracles. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

If he were cheap. It would be interesting to see him lined up here instead of in Seattle, though, ultimately, I wouldn't expect miracles. 
    Posted by zbellino

What is cheap? he was the 4th pick I believe..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Curry on trade block : What is cheap? he was the 4th pick I believe..
    Posted by PatFanInBA2

Well, you can renegotiate deals. He also has zero guaranteed dollars on his contract, and cut his deal this year to expire by 2012. NE could easily renegotiate with him, for a cheap two year tryout deal, that doesn't really expose them. 

Trading for him, at this point an average starter with some discipline issues, would be cheap as well. 

I wouldn't be against it ... he is an elite of elite athlete, with a fantastic wonderlic, IIRC. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Great player. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

I say no....but then again, look who his coach is right now...LMAO!

He really hasn't done a thing so far, and they've moved him inside and outside....maybe he's a true bust!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

If they can renegotiate his deal and the price is right (given that the Seahawks obviously don't want him I don't think I could condone giving up any picks above the 3rd round) it seems like a good idea.  I'd argue he has more raw athletic ability than anyone in our LB corps except for Mayo and from all accounts he is a good kid.  Given his age I think if they can get him it's worth the risk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

I think Mayo is our WOLB/WILB (4-3/3-4), and Curry would be the same type/position player.  However, he is a good athlete, and I think the Pats need some athletic guys.  Also if the Pats do get him, that'll mean the 3-4 is here to stay.  I know a lot of the people here have been against the 3-4 for a while.  But with his speed, he could be a good blitzing ILB. 
    I dont think the Pats have a 5th, 6th, or a 7th in 2012, so it would probally have to be a 4th/5th in 2013.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

hell yeah you go after Curry. Mayo and Curry and then all we need is the meat.

lol, bad joke I know.

Aaron Curry is mad athletic and we could use a sideline to sideline player to play along with Mayo. he would be a hell of alot better then Ninko/Guyton.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Curry on trade block :      No way! They'd also have to pay him his $5mil. salary.
    Posted by TexasPat3

cut ocho to be able to pay curry, trade a conditional 4th for curry which can become a 3rd. restructure curry to an incentive based contract.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i don't know if the issue with curry was just a scheme fit. he looked terrible with sea. i doubt he'd do better in a much more complicated d.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

Not sure about it. He is a flag initiator and he overruns plays. There are reasons he isn't cutting it in Seattle...he is a bust.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

not happening folks. As much as I would like to see BB take a shot on Curry, nobody in there RIGHT MIND would give Seattle higher than a 5th round pick for him. Next year NE has already traded there 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks. No ammo.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

This kid was a cant miss prospect coming out in that draft. One of the only locks in that draft. And when a player like that gets to NFL and ends up on the trading block its normally because of the team not the player.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

There are plenty of "locks" that never turn into great (or sometimes even good) NFL players (and it is not just skill players - Courtney Brown, Steven Emtman, Keith McCants, and the immortal Vernon Gholston come to mind).

They guy lost his starting job for one of the worst teams in the NFL. Why do we want him again? Is LB really the position that needs an upgrade (okay he might be better than Ninkovich if we are playing a 4-3). He is not a sack guy (he was not in college either where his high was 3).  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Curry would have a limited role on this team kinda like Eric Moore did.  I don't know if I would part with even a 3rd round pick for that. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

Posted by PatsFanGermany

for a guy that just got benched?  I'd give up a 5th, we don't have any maybe for a 4th and get curry and a late round pick back.

Sections
Shortcuts