AARON DOBSON: 92 targets last season, ZERO drops.. ENOUGH SAID!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: AARON DOBSON: 92 targets last season, ZERO drops.. ENOUGH SAID!

That is false! All you have to do is watch some video clips of his games and you can see some. They are probably arguing over catchable balls or something but he certainly had some drops.

The impressive thing about BOTH Dobson AND Boyce is they they had pretty respectable production while playing with horrendous QB's

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/483949/aaron-dobson

not sure where you got those stats, but the kid looks good.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7lZuChgf3U

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

He's just what we needed. I like both of the receivers that were drafted and along with Danny A think that they've upgraded over last year at the position. We need guys that can catch the ball on 3rd down, something that hasn't been here other than Gronk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

In response to freediro's comment:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/483949/aaron-dobson

not sure where you got those stats, but the kid looks good.

and how am i wrong! my sources dug them up! 92 targets, 57 catches, no drops.. y is that hard to believe? i'm sure he dropped some earlier, talking last year! as for boyer, he's multi-dimensional. both guys will stick and contribute. none of them will go thru waivers for practice squad. odd guy out is buffalo guy. jenkins will make team. dont b surprised if branch also walks thru those doors as a mentor type at some point. too many new guys. boyer and tb have the same agent and have already met, wonder how much consideration was given to that. also shined when he had rg3 in high school tossing him balls as well as andy dalton in colege... both guys will do well with a tb! 

I like the guy, but from what this is saying it seems like he has never dropped a ball that hit his hands. So that means his QB would have thrown 35 incomplete passes that completely missed or were defended. As I said I like the guy, he has sure hands no matter how you look at it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

if you can one hand a college ball in the endzone doing a half gainer.  welcome to new england

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:

if you can one hand a college ball in the endzone doing a half gainer.  welcome to new england

Not just one handed, but back handed! I've never seen such a catch as that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

thanks. was 3rd wr on my list. glad we got one tall big outside wr with hands 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

This stat still doesn't make any sense to me.  The Marshall QB was so bad, that it should be like 40 targets and 57 catches.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

He's just what we needed. I like both of the receivers that were drafted and along with Danny A think that they've upgraded over last year at the position. We need guys that can catch the ball on 3rd down, something that hasn't been here other than Gronk.

The Patriots had the best third-down conversion percentage in the NFL last year (even with Gronkowski out much of the year):

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs

It's actually pretty easy to check the facts before making unfounded claims.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I was very high on Vereen when we drafted him and lots of people here didnt like the pick and were down on him after his rookie year. Now people are starting to see his ability (though he still has to achieve his real level of contribution).

This draft Dobson is a real potential to WOW. He could be a reasonable replacement in the O for Moss but with better team attitude.

Boyce could be the replacement for Givens AND Branch in one body. Boyce would be this years Ridley and Dobson is this years Vereen. And with his brains Boyce might have the impact sooner than Dobson even though Dobson might be the better long term playmaker.

So we have a new Moss (Dobson), a new Welker (Amendola who is faster and bigger than Welker) and a new Branch/Givens in Boyce and depth with Edelman and Jones... If it pans out it could be as exciting as the TEs in their own way.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

In response to Army2LT's comment:

This stat still doesn't make any sense to me.  The Marshall QB was so bad, that it should be like 40 targets and 57 catches.   

how can u have more catches than targets? think about it.. interms u may grasp.. u have 40 bullets shot at ya, can ur body catch more than 40? think not. or if u target an enemy with 50 shots, can you connect on more than 50? targeted 92 times, 57 landed in as catches. none of the 35 that did not connect where essentially Dobson's fault. didnt drop any. overthrown, intercepted or defender made a play.

But Dobson had no business catching some of those balls.  Like the one in the end zone vs. Minnesota (I think it was Minn).  How can that be considered a target?  A normal college reciever wouldn't have been able to touch the ball, nevermind catch it.  

Those 92 targets is misleading to me.  Still doesn't make sense...