Aaron Dobson Comparison

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Aaron Dobson Comparison

this is the same Aaron Dobson who has been outplayed by Molasses Mike Jenkins thus far in OTA's......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Thanks for posting this.  Cosell is one smart dude and I value his analysis as much or more than any other talent evaluators.  I hope he is spot-on about the Rutgers defenders that we drafted.  He seems to think pretty highly of all of them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Jenkins and the other vets will be given the first reps, that's the hierarchy, it doesn't mean he has outplayed anyone.  I can't say I disagree with any of his analysis, though I do think Boyce has more get up and go than he gives the kid credit for.  TCU didn't have a lot of peripheral talent that would have made his job any easier.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

The gloves receivers wear nowdays are better than stick-um

That's a sick grab in the corner of the end zone. No question about it, but no way he holds onto the ball without the gloves, ie, the modern day receiver's best friend

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yeah, but they wear gloves in the NFL!..So NO PROBLEMMMMMMMMM!!!

I don't care if he has magnets sewn into the gloves...as long as he can make catches like that...   :)

I dont care either. Good luck to everyone. Great entertainment 

But the freakish grabs receivers make these thesedays are becoming almost routine, so I'm not as wowed by them like I used to be

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

OTA's have just begun. Give it some time. Anyways its not like Dobson has looked horrible. Jenkins has just been looking alot better than we all thought he would.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed it is very early and I hope Cosell is right. He seems to know his stuff a little more than some of the other "experts." I was also excited to read his take on Duron Harmon. Lets hope he is right!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Loved the blog comments about Brady working on the side with the vets as if this had any significance - seldom mentioning that Brady and the older vets receivers are the only ones that have zero value to special teams so don't have anything else to do while the team is working punts and kicks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

The gloves receivers wear nowdays are better than stick-um

That's a sick grab in the corner of the end zone. No question about it, but no way he holds onto the ball without the gloves, ie, the modern day receiver's best friend

and your point is?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Brandon Marshall can teach him a few things. I think Marshall is one of the best at his position 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I might also add that it's more important for Jenkins and Jones to get early looks in camp, the rookies are going to make the roster regardless, they're looking for these vets to give them a reason to change their mind.  I've said it before, IMO Jenkins and Jones don't make this roster.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I might also add that it's more important for Jenkins and Jones to get early looks in camp, the rookies are going to make the roster regardless, they're looking for these vets to give them a reason to change their mind.  I've said it before, IMO Jenkins and Jones don't make this roster.

I'll give a guy like Jones a shot because at least he's got some size, speed and experience in the NFL. A guy like that has never had the benefit of playing with a Tom Brady either. On the other hand a guy like Jenkins was a real head scratcher (as to why we even signed him in the first place).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

and your point is?

Does every message need to have a point? I think I made mine in my next post anyway:

Oh, look! Another one-handed/backhanded/OMG circus catch in the end zone! Woo hoo! *yawn*

Never saw Raymond Berry play, but I'm guessing he never made a catch like that one in the end zone or otherwise

By the way, if you want to impress yourself, buy a pair of those gloves and go out the next day with a friend and toss the ol' football around. Guaranteed youll catch everything thrown your way: One-handed, two-handed, backhanded, bluehanded, behind your head, 'tween your legs, below your feet etc

At the end of the day youll start thinking youre Jerry Rice

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I'll give a guy like Jones a shot because at least he's got some size, speed and experience in the NFL. A guy like that has never had the benefit of playing with a Tom Brady either. On the other hand a guy like Jenkins was a real head scratcher (as to why we even signed him in the first place).

Jones is at best a slot receiver, and I think we have better slot options ahead of him like Amendola, Boyce, Edelman and even TJ Moe who is crazy quick.  He might become superman with Brady or even prove to be a sold outside receiver, but he'd better get off to a fast start.  

Jenkins is tall, fast and talented but can't stay healthy for anything, he might need to add some weight.  If he could stay healthy you'd be hard pressed to cut him but it seems unlikely.  But both have upside and if some other player doesn't get through camp healthy, one of these guys can bail you out if they reach their potential.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Jones is at best a slot receiver, and I think we have better slot options ahead of him like Amendola, Boyce, Edelman and even TJ Moe who is crazy quick.  He might become superman with Brady or even prove to be a sold outside receiver, but he'd better get off to a fast start.  

Jenkins is tall, fast and talented but can't stay healthy for anything, he might need to add some weight.  If he could stay healthy you'd be hard pressed to cut him but it seems unlikely.  But both have upside and if some other player doesn't get through camp healthy, one of these guys can bail you out if they reach their potential.

"Molasses' Jenkins is fast?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

4.4 forty coming out of college isn't ridiculously fast but it certainly isn't slow.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[/QUOTE by Godverment]

jesus wouldn't aprove of ad hominem attacks. naughty naughty

[/QUOTE]

Jesus loves me and forgives me. He died to absolve me of my sins. Silly libertarian troll!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

and your point is?

Does every message need to have a point? I think I made mine in my next post anyway:

Oh, look! Another one-handed/backhanded/OMG circus catch in the end zone! Woo hoo! *yawn*

Never saw Raymond Berry play, but I'm guessing he never made a catch like that one in the end zone or otherwise

By the way, if you want to impress yourself, buy a pair of those gloves and go out the next day with a friend and toss the ol' football around. Guaranteed youll catch everything thrown your way: One-handed, two-handed, backhanded, bluehanded, behind your head, 'tween your legs, below your feet etc

At the end of the day youll start thinking youre Jerry Rice

i doubt it! i think it's the athlete and the ability not the gloves

if it were that easy anybody could be an nfl wr and also make such catches but i dont see that happening anytime soon-and the old guys didn't make those catches not because they didnt have the gloves but because they couldn't-they didn't have today's players skill level and athleticism

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's more Miles Austin than any other WR.

Sections
Shortcuts