Aaron Dobson is getting better...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Re: Aaron Dobson is getting better...

In response to Getzo's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

with all the noise about the pass catchers the past few weeks, those of us not watching the TV feed (we are at the stadium) do see 1 WR getting seperation, and that is Dobson. not Gronk, not Edelman, not Amendola, not Thompkins. TB is looking his way more and more, BECAUSE HE IS OPEN.

I have actually been disappointed with Amendola so far. Granted injuries. But if he is always going to be injured, when he is on the field, he needs to produce. So far, I dont see ant seperation, any speed and he has dropped too many passes that hit his hands. I expected more, and by the financial commit made, you have to assume the Pats did as well

I agree... when on the field I was expecting way more from him.  I mean he was a beast against Buffalo with those shots he took, while still holding onto the ball.  He was coming off a pretty bad concussion.. hopefully he stays healthy and gets back to that week one form.

I think that is very important to remember...it takes time to fully recover from the kind of hit he took.  I'm not worried about him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

I am told by good source that the Pats hope is to have 2 of 3 always on the field...Edelman, Collie and Amendola...that way they can continue to run the offense that they want, and not rely on young players making young mistakes...

I had said over the summer that the upside with Dobson was immense, ditto Boyce...but we were seeing the ceiling on Thompkins, and I think he is a nice #5 WR if they carry 6 (Slater)...I very much feel Dobson, Edelman, Amendola and Collie are taking snaps ahead of Thompkins. He is nice depth however.  

Boyce is the most talented of the group, but he might also be the dumbest since he can't sniff the field.

If this is true about Boyce's mental capacity we could be looking at Bethel Johnson.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

with all the noise about the pass catchers the past few weeks, those of us not watching the TV feed (we are at the stadium) do see 1 WR getting seperation, and that is Dobson. not Gronk, not Edelman, not Amendola, not Thompkins. TB is looking his way more and more, BECAUSE HE IS OPEN.

I have actually been disappointed with Amendola so far. Granted injuries. But if he is always going to be injured, when he is on the field, he needs to produce. So far, I dont see ant seperation, any speed and he has dropped too many passes that hit his hands. I expected more, and by the financial commit made, you have to assume the Pats did as well

I agree... when on the field I was expecting way more from him.  I mean he was a beast against Buffalo with those shots he took, while still holding onto the ball.  He was coming off a pretty bad concussion.. hopefully he stays healthy and gets back to that week one form.

I think that is very important to remember...it takes time to fully recover from the kind of hit he took.  I'm not worried about him.

Yea I alluded to that.. hope he gets healthy... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I am told by good source that the Pats hope is to have 2 of 3 always on the field...Edelman, Collie and Amendola...that way they can continue to run the offense that they want, and not rely on young players making young mistakes...

I had said over the summer that the upside with Dobson was immense, ditto Boyce...but we were seeing the ceiling on Thompkins, and I think he is a nice #5 WR if they carry 6 (Slater)...I very much feel Dobson, Edelman, Amendola and Collie are taking snaps ahead of Thompkins. He is nice depth however.  

After 8 games in and you think Thompkins has hit his ceiling?  I'm more inclined to wait and see how he looks after the 2014 season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I think of it differently I guess. Even if KT has reached his ceiling. A young Chad Johnson aint a # 5 option. He has the tools to be a decent # 1 or a very good # 2 imo. That doesnt change based on who Brady is throwing to. At the beginning of the season, based on Training camp I had said that KT was the clear # 1 with the leg up. Dobson was close behind and would likely pass him at some point when he picked up offense and Boyce would redshirt(I can go back and find it) but everyone was on me about it. So far its been true. Dont discount the rookie Wall factor as well. They should be using them one at a time to last the season and right now the focuz is more on Dobson. Joshy needs to get KT involved more but I have him graded better than a # 5.

This team has all the tools going forward but they need a legit Vet WR who is on the field, not Danny. Then the rest will fill complimentary roles as they should. How many teams count on 3 rookie WRs one season whom noone were 1st picks?? Probably none. Its not Ideal and its showed.

Thompkins has half the hands of Chad Johnson, and is a step to a step and half slower than Chad when he was with the Bengals. To compare Thompkins to Chad with the Bengals is an insult to CHad. Good route runner, slow, questionable hands, slow to grasp the offense.  Not a young WR, as he is 26 years old I believe, not a ton of upside due to age

I guess I disagree. how is he slow to pick up the offense when he was the # 1 out the gate? You have to say the same for Dobson then.  Age aint nothing because he played for Cincy. Not some place like USC for 4 years. He is Raw, not slow by any stretch. his hands are no worse than Dobsons have been and he was supposed to not have any drops his senior year. Dobson has more drops and they were easy catches IMO.  Every rookie is adjusting and progressing at their own paces but we cant Make a Final judgement on ANY of them in week 8 of their rookie campaigns. There is a reason Brady hitched his wagon to KT early. Right now he may have hit  wall, IDK...but next week he could be great again. I understand their are favorits and all but I just want production. Talk to Joshy about personell.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

After 8 games in and you think Thompkins has hit his ceiling?  I'm more inclined to wait and see how he looks after the 2014 season.

2014 season? I believe he will struggle to make the team next year, assuming Edelman is resigned and Amendola is healthy

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

Boyce is the most talented of the group, but he might also be the dumbest since he can't sniff the field.

how do you make the comment that he is the most talented when he hasnt even hit the field??  Right now we know he is fast. So was Bethel Johnson and Chad Jackson. I like his upside but cmon bro. He is on the sidelines for a reason and if its smarts we will never see his "talent" on the field

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

2014 season? I believe he will struggle to make the team next year, assuming Edelman is resigned and Amendola is healthy

Wow...You are cooked today? Wont make the team???  LOL 

The guy caught a game winner 2 weeks ago. He has two games where isnt targeted much and he hit his ceiling? I dont get it. Do you fans watch the same channel? Is ESPN reporting this cuz Ive been hearing this KT is at his ceiling talk since like July and I dont get how a casual fan can gauge how good a WR can be before he even has a full season under his belt.

Amendola is the one making too much scratch who may not be here next year

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

We shall see.

Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

The Patriots' leading receiver over the past three games is not Gronk, Edelman or Amendola. Aaron Dobson has a team-high 13 catches and 157 yards in that span.

Throw in one TD as well...  

All this in 3 games? 

GOAT!!!

You are one miserable fan. I wonder if you ever get any joy out of watching any of the games.

Uncle rico is a jets fan! Not a Pats fan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

The Patriots' leading receiver over the past three games is not Gronk, Edelman or Amendola. Aaron Dobson has a team-high 13 catches and 157 yards in that span.

All this in 3 games? 

GOAT!!!

at the rate he has played over the last three games,  he would have 70 catches and over 800 yards for 16 games. not bad.

With 8 games left? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:

All this in 3 games? 

GOAT!!!

You are one miserable fan. I wonder if you ever get any joy out of watching any of the games.

Miserable because I expect Championships?  We have not won one since 2004!  I get plenty of joy out of watching the games but at the end of the season I am disappointed like the last 8 seasons.  It's looking like I'm on my way to disappointment #9.

Sections
Shortcuts