Aaron Dobson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

Re: Aaron Dobson

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Bold call:

75 Rec 1,000 Yds 8 TDs for AD

I hope your right!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Bold call:

75 Rec 1,000 Yds 8 TDs for AD

It would be consistent with a 2nd year jump for a WR with his ability if healthy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Had trouble getting separation?  Apparently, I must have been watching the wrong guy last year.  It seems to me, I remember this guy getting open frequently, before his injury.  The problems were drops, missed routes, or inaccurate throws to him.  I don't remember separation being an issue.  I expect significant improvement.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

Had trouble getting separation?  Apparently, I must have been watching the wrong guy last year.  It seems to me, I remember this guy getting open frequently, before his injury.  The problems were drops, missed routes, or inaccurate throws to him.  I don't remember separation being an issue.  I expect significant improvement.

I'd really have to go back and rewatch film.  I remember times he looked impressive separating  and times he struggled.  The difference could have been due to lots of different factors, from injury to route running to different defensive approaches.  Can't say I know without rewatching film. Dobson, to me, is still a question mark, and I wouldn't be surprised if he has a breakout year next year or if he heads down the Taylor Price path.  Both seem possible.

I wish, however, his foot weren't broken.  The injury is a setback.  Hopefully it's just a minor one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

There's an old proverb ... Young and injured is no way to start an NFL career.

Let's look again at the 1st-year class from last year:

Dobson:   Injured with Bill Walton feet (or is it singular?);  twice pulled up lame running in a straight line w/o any contact

Boyce:  Injured and/or ineffective;  If he had any promise we wouldn't have seen Blount returning kicks

Tompkins:  Some early success;  Then injuries derailed his effectiveness;  Has a habit of diving for every ball instead of just continuing his route.

Thank God for Austin Collie.   Imagine, a guy with concussion history stepped onto the field and was the most consistent, reliable weapon when called upon.   Collie can't last a full season, but we can only hope he's around in week 12 or so when we need him again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

Wow.  People clearly forgot the 2002 season and our rookie wrs named branch and givens.  Very easy to weed out the post 2007 fans here.

And this post is relevant because?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Well said. +1

While still raw, all the intangibles were there. 

He needs to get healthy and get a full training camp under his belt with TB. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Watch out foot injuries are no good let alone half our wr are injury prone...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

Wow.  People clearly forgot the 2002 season and our rookie wrs named branch and givens.  Very easy to weed out the post 2007 fans here.

if only it were as easy to weed out the idiots (hint)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Thank God for Austin Collie.   Imagine, a guy with concussion history stepped onto the field and was the most consistent, reliable weapon when called upon.   Collie can't last a full season, but we can only hope he's around in week 12 or so when we need him again.

Were you watching the New England Patriots or playing some video game? Collie had 6 catches for 63 yards and 0 TDs for the SEASON. Boyce, as limited as he was, had 9 for 121. Thompkins and Dobson had about eight times as many yards as Collie and 4 TDs each. Collie had slightly more impact than Mulligan, I'll give him that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Were you watching the New England Patriots or playing some video game? Collie had 6 catches for 63 yards and 0 TDs for the SEASON. Boyce, as limited as he was, had 9 for 121. Thompkins and Dobson had about eight times as many yards as Collie and 4 TDs each. Collie had slightly more impact than Mulligan, I'll give him that.

As you know, Collie was not on the field anywhere close to the amount of time as the others you mentioned.

Do me a favor and show targets and drops too.  

Did Collie drop a pass all season?

And then we can talk about route-running and getting separation.

Finally, Collie had 4 catches for 57 yards in the AFCCG loss to the Broncos.  So, I guess he nearly doubled his regular season production in a single game when he was given playing time in a game that really mattered.

The total for the rookie class was 2 catches for 33 yards.

Yeah, I know, the rooks were injured.   If that's an acceptable excuse for them, then you must accept the same for Collie.   You can't make catches if the coaches don't put you on the field.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

As you know, Collie was not on the field anywhere close to the amount of time as the others you mentioned.

Finally, Collie had 4 catches for 57 yards in the AFCCG loss to the Broncos.  So, I guess he nearly doubled his regular season production in a single game when he was given playing time in a game that really mattered.

Yeah, I know, the rooks were injured.   If that's an acceptable excuse for them, then you must accept the same for Collie.   You can't make catches if the coaches don't put you on the field.

So, bad luck with injuries or BB is just drafting the wrong players? He should only draft the guys that don't get injuired?

Oh, and he should have dominant depth across the team, so that when he loses 7 starters for the season and 2 captains his team can do better then just going 12-4 and getting to their 3rd afc championships game in a row.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

So, bad luck with injuries or BB is just drafting the wrong players? He should only draft the guys that don't get injuired?

Oh, and he should have dominant depth across the team, so that when he loses 7 starters for the season and 2 captains his team can do better then just going 12-4 and getting to their 3rd afc championships game in a row.

Still can't believe they were able to do that with all the losses they had.  Pretty incredible.  

I don't think some people here appreciate that enough.

Most teams would have folded like a cheap lawn chair if the circumstances were the same.  

Not the Pats, despite their so-called lack of talent and depth, terrible GM, no deep threat, aging QB, pathetic Defense and no-name players on the roster they somehow keep on rolling. 

I may not speak for everyone but it's good to be a Pats fan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I hope he hits 1k, but I don't see that happening this coming season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Still can't believe they were able to do that with all the losses they had.  Pretty incredible.  

I don't think some people here appreciate that enough.

Most teams would have folded like a cheap lawn chair if the circumstances were the same.  

Not the Pats, despite their so-called lack of talent and depth, terrible GM, no deep threat, aging QB, pathetic Defense and no-name players on the roster they somehow keep on rolling. 

I may not speak for everyone but it's good to be a Pats fan.

Hell yeah it is!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

YOU END WITH THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT - but you didnt realize it. The coach knew that Collie was not as good as these guys if only we could get them on the field.

So while your point is correct it is also telling. Collie is NOT as valuable as any of those three.

We should expect at least one of the three to make a noticable improvement over last year and be at least an effective weapon even if not a game changer. AND I will add that it is not unreasonable to think that two of the three will be able to make that grade.

There is reason to at least hope that on of them, most likely Dobson but possibly Thompkins, will be an important weapon and not jsut an effective weapon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

There's an old proverb ... Young and injured is no way to start an NFL career.

Let's look again at the 1st-year class from last year:

Dobson:   Injured with Bill Walton feet (or is it singular?);  twice pulled up lame running in a straight line w/o any contact

Boyce:  Injured and/or ineffective;  If he had any promise we wouldn't have seen Blount returning kicks

Tompkins:  Some early success;  Then injuries derailed his effectiveness;  Has a habit of diving for every ball instead of just continuing his route.

Think Boyce does have promise. Would not read much into him not returnig kicks. BB values decision making and the ability to catch the ball in those situations more than ability to burn. Once he  demonstrates some maturity and experience he will be back there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

My 2 cents on our WR situation, I think Dobson and Boyce will emerge as reliable weapons this year.  I think Dobson starts on the outside, and Boyce will see significant time in the slot.  I don't think Thompkins will make the team.  Limited upside.  I think we will carry 6 WRs:  Dobson, Boyce, Edelman, Amendola, Slater, and a Rookie.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

My 2 cents on our WR situation, I think Dobson and Boyce will emerge as reliable weapons this year.  I think Dobson starts on the outside, and Boyce will see significant time in the slot.  I don't think Thompkins will make the team.  Limited upside.  I think we will carry 6 WRs:  Dobson, Boyce, Edelman, Amendola, Slater, and a Rookie.

Wazzu,

Are you forgetting about LaFell or don't you see him making the team?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:

Wazzu,

Are you forgetting about LaFell or don't you see him making the team?

I think LaFell makes the team!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I also thought early on, he was open quite a bit but had the dropsies. Then later in the season when his mentality and understanding were better, he couldnt not seperate due to injury and never really got a chance vs Denver which was puzzling. He didnt get on the field until the 3rd or 4th series when the game was over IMO, he had the highest ypc in that game but only 2 targets.

He needs health and opportunity and most importantly, he needs to be Hungry! Gonna be a few options for Tommy so for him to get touches, he is gonna need to stand Out and give Tommy a reason to NOT go to Jules, Gronk, Vareen,etc. He has the tools to help this team but needs to continue gaining Trust. He may get overtaken by Lafell who Im sure was a guy Brady asked for. A Bigger, VETERAN WR to avoid last years struggles and setbacks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

You dont think Lafell will make the team?  Boyce has to beat out Jules and Danny to get time in the slot. He was redshirted last year so I say he gets a little bit more of a role. Comes in on 1st downs on some plays where playaction is called, tried to sneak a deep play in. Play a little in 4 WR sets but the personell tells me he is still a year away from making major contributions. Just too much experience in front of him at the position(Slot). Let him work his way in slowly and return kicks next year. I agree Thompkins Could be odd man out but we dont know what kind of jump he makes.

Sections
Shortcuts