Aaron Dobson's Basketball Side

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Aaron Dobson's Basketball Side

In response to APpats21's comment:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/03/bill-belichick-likes-aaron-dobsons-basketball-background/ Bill Belichick likes Aaron Dobson’s basketball background Posted by Michael David Smith on May 3, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT New England Patriots Rookie CampGetty Images

Patriots coach Bill Belichick had a lot of reasons for taking former Marshall wide receiver Aaron Dobson in the second round of the draft. But one reason may come as a surprise: Belichick likes Dobson because Dobson was a good basketball player.

“I would say that, just based on my experience as a coach through the years, that basketball players, most have good hands. They have to handle the ball a lot,” Belichick said, via the Providence Journal. “The ball is on them quick, tight passes and handling the ball in traffic and that kind of thing. Usually, when you get a good basketball player, those guys usually have pretty good ball skills in terms of handling the ball: strong hands in being able to keep it and quick hands, being able to satch it and handle it cleanly and, hopefully, without losing it.”

Dobson was a good enough high school hoops player that he had multiple scholarship offers to play college basketball, but he ultimately decided to stay near his hometown of South Charleston, West Virginia, and play college football at Marshall.

“I loved them both,” Dobson said. “Marshall was close to home, so that’s where I decided to go. I’m still getting to play now, so it worked out right.”

Belichick has to hope it works out all right for the receiver-needy Patriots.

didn't randy moss play basketball at marshall?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzales were basketball players

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm surprised this guy catches the ball as good as he does, he was small hands for the position. Brady throwing the ball as hard as he does and the cold weather could mean an adjustment period for this guy, but he seems like a hard worker so hopefully he'll be fine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Nope, just in high school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrL6PqJjvBQ

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Can he play for the celtics at the 2 from feb to June?? Maybe back up rondo...I miss the old two sports stars of yesteryear!!!:)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Nope, just in high school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrL6PqJjvBQ

oh ok thanks....man he put that leaping ability to good use in the NFL in his prime

Sections
Shortcuts