Aaron Hernandez flea flicker...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Aaron Hernandez flea flicker...

Hernandez in the back field takes hand off to pitch back to TB to a streaking Branch... callin' it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Aaron Hernandez flea flicker...

How about a short one to Brady in the end zone if they are in a 1st and goal situation?  THAT would be something!~!~

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I want to see 85 score a pair of TDs, then go over to hung and ham around with Ray-Ray and Reed afterwards.  Baltimore might burn to the ground Sun night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Hernandez flea flicker...:
    [QUOTE]I want to see 85 score a pair of TDs, then go over to hung and ham around with Ray-Ray and Reed afterwards.  Baltimore might burn to the ground Sun night.
    Posted by krismk[/QUOTE]

wow.... well then.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aaron Hernandez flea flicker... : wow.... well then.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Since we're going out on a limb, why not have fun? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Aaron Hernandez flea flicker...:
    [QUOTE]Hernandez in the back field takes hand off to pitch back to TB to a streaking Branch... callin' it. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Are you also calling the easy INT for Ed Reed as Deion Branch isn't exactly a burner and Reed would catch back up with him before the ball even reaches it's peak? It would work much better with Ocho, teams won't even pay attention to him if running deep as the Ravens are all thinking about Welker and Gronk. 

Belichick and Brady respect Ed Reed too much to try a play like that. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Aaron Hernandez flea flicker... : Are you also calling the easy INT for Ed Reed as Deion Branch isn't exactly a burner and Reed would catch back up with him before the ball even reaches it's peak? It would work much better with Ocho, teams won't even pay attention to him if running deep as the Ravens are all thinking about Welker and Gronk.  Belichick and Brady respect Ed Reed too much to try a play like that. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Reed can't cover both sides of the field.. I'd assume he'd be looking towards more Welker, and possible a run...? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Anything is possible at this point in the year, but this is a game that we can win if we play solid defense and execute our base offense without turning the ball over.  No doubt Balt will be a tough challenge, but I don't see BB feeling the need to pull out the gimmicks in this one.  Focus on Rice, make Flacco make some throws, and protect Brady.  With that being said, I do love your play idea and think it would be awesome if they actually called it and pulled it off!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zchowdary. Show Zchowdary's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Aaron Hernandez flea flicker... :    Belichick and Brady respect Ed Reed too much to try a play like that. 

Actually, if anyone remembers in 2007 they did a flea flicker from Brady to Moss to Brady to Gaffney for a huge bomb TD.

You know what it was called? The Ravens Special.

TB or BB said after the game that they drew that play up to use against the Ravens the week before but never got a chance. So they used it on the other nasty AFC North team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Aaron Hernandez flea flicker... : Are you also calling the easy INT for Ed Reed as Deion Branch isn't exactly a burner and Reed would catch back up with him before the ball even reaches it's peak? It would work much better with Ocho, teams won't even pay attention to him if running deep as the Ravens are all thinking about Welker and Gronk.  Belichick and Brady respect Ed Reed too much to try a play like that. 

Of course it could work. First off he's going to paying more attention to Gronk, Welker & Hernandez, not Branch. He can't be in every spot on the field at the same time.

Your scenario sounds ridiculous. Ed Reed is good, but he's not Superman. He can't travel at the speed of light.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aaron Hernandez flea flicker... : Actually, if anyone remembers in 2007 they did a flea flicker from Brady to Moss to Brady to Gaffney for a huge bomb TD. You know what it was called? The Ravens Special. TB or BB said after the game that they drew that play up to use against the Ravens the week before but never got a chance. So they used it on the other nasty AFC North team.
    Posted by Zchowdary[/QUOTE]

-_-...There was a reason why they didn't use it against the Ravens, it was because of Ed Reed! You've clearly never seen the video of Brady and Belichick talking about how awesome Ed Reed is and how he's a student of the game and how Ed can cover more ground by himself than most teams can get with two safeties. Brady even said that he's so smart that he never falls for anything and blah, blah, blah. 

They won't try a flea flicker on Ed, this is Belichick's ideal player. You should hear how he talks about him. It's borderline...well, weird. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Ed also has a bum ankle so I hop that slows him down a bit. Also I think a Solder pass is coming when he is an eligable receiver cause he used to play TE.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Ed also has a bum ankle so I hop that slows him down a bit. Also I think a Solder pass is coming when he is an eligable receiver cause he used to play TE.
    Posted by raptor64d[/QUOTE]

That's what I was looking for, but some people started crying n' stuff.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

just kiddin' 49

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Ed Reed is great, but if he see's a run, he's going to head downhill as fast as he can. Then the ball goes flying over his head. He's fast, but not THAT fast. He had a whopping 3 picks this year. Tied for 37th place. He had 1 last week on a bad, up for grabs, last ditch effort pass. I doubt they get into trickery, but it could be done

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aaron Hernandez flea flicker... : -_-...There was a reason why they didn't use it against the Ravens, it was because of Ed Reed! You've clearly never seen the video of Brady and Belichick talking about how awesome Ed Reed is and how he's a student of the game and how Ed can cover more ground by himself than most teams can get with two safeties. Brady even said that he's so smart that he never falls for anything and blah, blah, blah.  They won't try a flea flicker on Ed, this is Belichick's ideal player. You should hear how he talks about him. It's borderline...well, weird. 

Thats funny, I heard Pat Kirwan and T-Rock(Radio) talking to a die hard Ravens fan about BB and Brady mentioning Ed Reed all week. Kirwan then says, "you know what that means don't cha? They'll go right at him!!!" These guys are "friends" of BB they interview him on Sirius all the time. I won't be surprised if there is a bit of gamesmanship on the part of coach and QB.

Reed is great but he can't stop Tom Brady.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

They will try to double cover Gronk and watch over Welker that I think the RB's and Adelman/Branch and YES Ochocinco will be the difference (Ochocinco not so much, LOL) Dont forget Faulk either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I agree. Reed is an all world safety, but not a safety from another world. He can be fooled, and he can be beat just like anyone else.

Where we get into trouble is lofting the ball deep. This gives Reed time to get to the ball, locate it and intercept it.

A dart down the seam to Gronk thrown high is unstoppable assuming Brady's accuracy is on.

As someone said, no trickery in this game. Maybe a few wrinkles. Our best weapon this week is the hurry up. We ran it 52% of the plays last week. The Buzzards have only seen hurry up 4% of their defensive snaps this year. This is the week to roll it out and roll it out big. Keep the big Buzzard defenders winded, and don't give them any time to line up and get themselves set. This to me is the best strategy we can have this week on offense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

I can only hope they do have some wrinkles to keep that pass rush from wrecking havoc on Brady's pocket. I see at least 3 screens of some sort during the first half. Bunch of draws, even if they don't work. What's better than 3 downs with insufficient time to pass? 2 with sufficient time. Yes, the Ravens pass rush will be coming. That's the best way to stop the Boston TE party. Also, I wouldn't be surprised by a slow start. As long as we are within 2 tds by the half, 1 by the 4th, I like our chances. We'll tire 'em out, then get a roll going. I hope.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

We can't afford to be down 2 TDs by halftime. This will be like signing a death sentence.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

need to get the Ravens running around.....if Pats come out too careful they will keep Ravens close....hope to see no huddle quite a bit this game....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

You coulda said ANY play from Hernandez EXCEPT a flea-flicker...  Likewise, ya coulda given ANY player other than Hernandez, to set up a potent flea-flicker. 

Just not Hernandez...  Oh yea, he's exceptionally athletic all across the board.  It's just that he has very specific physical limitations on that 1 single skill-set that he'd need for this play:  Smart money says that Hernandez is totally devoid of having any mid-long distance pinpoint precise throwing accuracy.  

Forehead, or lack thereof.  It's the forehead folks.  Because of Hernandez's preceding hairline coupled with the added downward to forward weight from football helmet too, there's just No Way.  No way at all...  God forgot Hernandez's forehead (obviously he was busy giving him freak athletic skills elsewhere, and just overlooked it in the end or else God was just too tired).  That preceding hairline though- THIS is the issue at hand.  No forehead whatsoever, Means NO skin to bunch up whence taking the further brunt of that helmet weight...lucky Hernandez is allowed to legally drive.  Impaired farsighted vision though...So a 30 yard passing precision directly from him to pinpoint with any exactness?  Nope=Physical Impossibility due to his preceding hairline (or whatever it should be called...wonder if I just made that term up for the very first time right here?).   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

A flea flicker entails Hernandez getting a handoff and pitching it back to Brady to pass. Not Hernandez passing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Hernandez doesn't plow through the middle.  Woodhead or Benny might try the flea.