Aaron Hernandez or Brandon Spikes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBBBrady. Show PatsBBBrady's posts

Aaron Hernandez or Brandon Spikes

Which one of these two rookies is in a better position to win the Rookie of the Year award?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Re: Aaron Hernandez or Brandon Spikes

Hernandez. I think he will catch a lot of balls and score a lot of TD's for a rookie. Here's to hoping anyways.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

spikes, he doesn't have as much competition at LB on the pats (only mayo) so he will get better stats, hernandez must take cathes away from moss, tate, price, welker, and endelman.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

I select Brandon Spikes, Aaron will do just fine but Tom will spread the ball around to 5 or six different receivers and backs but Brandon should stuff many runs and do just fine in passing defense as well.  I love them both.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

If Spikes can cover the pass good he gets my vote.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Spikes is great for what he does and has a shot, but he can't cover that well.  Guyton is in on third and long. 

Hernandez isn't as valuable as Gronk.  Gronk will catch more touchdowns just because he's so tall with long arms if for no other reason, on the bump and run he's the one with the big bump and then the defender isn't around anymore, he blocks like an extra tackle and once he gets the ball he runs people over really hard.  However, maybe the rookie of the year folks don't appreciate great blocking.

Dark horse:  Cunningham.  We haven't seen him tackle one NFL quarterback yet, but he's already got his swim and rip moves, his bull rush and his speed around the end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marvcook. Show marvcook's posts

Hernandez has very little chance of winning offensive ROY. The award is just much easier for a RB to win, since the transition at RB is easier from college to pro than at WR or TE. Ryan Matthews, CJ Spiller, or Jahvid Best will probably take home the award.

Spikes has a little better shot, but he's not really suited to be on the field on 3rd downs or against pass-happy teams. This will limit his big play opportunities. He'd only have a good shot if no rookies gets 8+ sacks or 5+ picks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBBBrady. Show PatsBBBrady's posts

I really think Hernandez gives the Patriots a Dallas Clark type presence on the field in terms of causing matchup problems for defenses if he can develop and fine tune his game. he has at times in this preseason lined up off the line as an extra receiver and i see him doing that all year,however like natesubs said he has to take catches away from Moss, Welker and the rest of them. Spikes on the other hand can make it happen if he amass a lot of tackles like Mayo did in his rookie season.Spikes presence might also allow Belichick to go after QB's more with him,Mayo or Guyton something the Patriots dont do as much.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Hernandez or Brandon Spikes:
    [QUOTE]Spikes is great for what he does and has a shot, but he can't cover that well.  Guyton is in on third and long.  Hernandez isn't as valuable as Gronk.  Gronk will catch more touchdowns just because he's so tall with long arms if for no other reason, on the bump and run he's the one with the big bump and then the defender isn't around anymore, he blocks like an extra tackle and once he gets the ball he runs people over really hard.  However, maybe the rookie of the year folks don't appreciate great blocking. Dark horse:  Cunningham.  We haven't seen him tackle one NFL quarterback yet, but he's already got his swim and rip moves, his bull rush and his speed around the end.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. Gronk will see the field more with his ability to block and block well. I think Gronk will be a focal point in the red zone.

6'4 Moss and 6'6 Gronk = jump ball heaven!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Who cares about rookie of the year?  It's a fr*ggin popularity contest.  We didn't make the playoffs the last time a Pat won rookie of the year.  We didn't win the Super Bowl the last time a Pat won MVP.  I want a team that wins, not a bunch of guys thinking about individual accomplishment.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Yeah this coming from the fan who won't think past week 1, but it's ok to cheer for pro bowls and celebrity players.  Like all these honors don't go to a player's head.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Nobody picking the first rounder?

I like Hernandez on the offensive side.  I don't think he'll have a problem getting looks if he continues to get open.  He already seems to have a rapport with Brady.  Reminds me of a quicker Jay Novacek more than Clark.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Fine Taz.  We can get excited about whatever we want, I'm just asking everyone - do we really want to talk about individual honors on a team that won't introduce the offense and defense separately?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]Fine Taz.  We can get excited about whatever we want, I'm just asking everyone - do we really want to talk about individual honors on a team that won't introduce the offense and defense separately?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Forget the awards, that's based on popularity anyway.  The question should be who will have the most positive impact.  For me it's McCourty and Hernandez.  McCourty because he looks like he can play the position, he's aggressive in run support and he's a ST demon, from the look of it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Ah screw the Bengals.  They're a joke and always will be.  I want to beat the Jets and Dolphins each twice and the freakin Colts and Ravens in the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aaron Hernandez or Brandon Spikes : I completely agree. Gronk will see the field more with his ability to block and block well. I think Gronk will be a focal point in the red zone. 6'4 Moss and 6'6 Gronk = jump ball heaven!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]
    Except for the fact that RANDY DOESN'T JUMP ANYMORE.  HE WON'T EVEN RAISE HIS ARMS.  I know why he says he does it, but man, COMPETE FOR THE BALL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aaron Hernandez or Brandon Spikes : Except for the fact that RANDY DOESN'T JUMP ANYMORE.  HE WON'T EVEN RAISE HIS ARMS.  I know why he says he does it, but man, COMPETE FOR THE BALL.
    Posted by TroyBrown80[/QUOTE]

Since you came on this board I suspected you were a troll. Now I realize you are worst then a troll. You are an Imbecile!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Aaron Hernandez or Brandon Spikes:
    [QUOTE]Which one of these two rookies is in a better position to win the Rookie of the Year award?  
    Posted by PatsBBBrady[/QUOTE]

WAAAYY to early to tell

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Neither one has played a regular season game yet and I'm thinking that maybe we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Hernandez. Add him to Moss and Welker and you have your hands full. I also feel Grondowski will score a quite few TDs in the red zone. Spikes will be over looked because the Pats never resolved their number one issue on defense- No Pass rush off the edge.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Hernandez.

Mayo is going to be eating tackles like pacman while Spikes is doing dirty work. Mayo around 100+ again tackles category while Spikes gets around 50ish-60ish.

Doubt either win it

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE] Neither one has played a regular season game yet and I'm thinking that maybe we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here!
    Posted by trouts[/QUOTE]

Of course, but sometimes you can tell a guy gets it (or doesn't) right off the bat.  For example, I don't ever recall watching Wheatley play and thinking this guy is going to be a player.  With McCourty, I see instinct, confidence and willingness.  Same thing with Hernandez.  They look like football players right out of the gate.  I like what I see from Gronk and Spikes too.  McKenzie, eh.  Sometimes it takes some time, like with Chung and Meriweather.  But I can't think of too many guys who looked great in their first camp and went on to be busts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]Safety is also a very hard spot to learn at the pro level which is why it took those guys longer to develop. same goes for CB and WR
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Yes, and some guys are more tentative or less confident or just not ready to take on the job at the NFL level right out of college.  Takes them some time to figure it out.  Some never do.  We know their names. 

My point is, when you see a guy that seems to get it right out of the gate, those guys rarely regress. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aaron Hernandez or Brandon Spikes : Of course, but sometimes you can tell a guy gets it (or doesn't) right off the bat.  For example, I don't ever recall watching Wheatley play and thinking this guy is going to be a player.  With McCourty, I see instinct, confidence and willingness.  Same thing with Hernandez.  They look like football players right out of the gate.  I like what I see from Gronk and Spikes too.  McKenzie, eh.  Sometimes it takes some time, like with Chung and Meriweather.  But I can't think of too many guys who looked great in their first camp and went on to be busts.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

I agree with you regarding McCourty. He looks like the real deal. Very instinctive. He'll win the starting CB position. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Aaron Hernandez or Brandon Spikes: Spikes is a 5.1 40-yard guy who is way overrated. He did a great job staying attached to blockers and wandering aimlessly in space while some fat back or tight end hooks up in his zone for a first down or td catch. This guy is a bust already.
    [QUOTE]Which one of these two rookies is in a better position to win the Rookie of the Year award?  
    Posted by PatsBBBrady[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts