Aaron Hernandez--Weapon X

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBrain3. Show TheBrain3's posts

Aaron Hernandez--Weapon X

Best nickname I've heard so far for Hernandez.

With Holt now on IR I think the recieving core will look like this on opening day:

Moss
    Welker
    Tate
    Edelman
    Price

Having said that, I see both Hernandez and Edelman getting a lot of time. We could see a lot of double slot with both Edelman and Welker on the field tying defenses into knots and a lot of running out of this formation with a single back set. Overall really excited to get the season started. The only concern I have as of now is the consistency of the running game and a pass rush.

With two first rounders this year will the Pats take a first round RB? or will they, once again, draft value and then trade out of the first round to get more pics for future years? Your thoughts?

One last thing, go get Schoebel, he fits the Patriots mold perfectly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Aaron Hernandez--Weapon X

Draft wise, I see them moving back and picking up future picks, much like this year, but not moving out of the given round unless the offer is HUGE.  I do see a 1st or 2nd rd RB in our future as well as a vet FA that isnt 30+.  I see an OLB, a 3-4DE,RB and OL in the 1st 4 picks, or at the very least hope we grab those spots.  I know we dont know who will be where yet and who declares, but those are spots we can use some talent and youth.  And for the record, I still want Pat Peterson CB LSU.  Yes I know who we have and who we drafted recently and it isnt a priority.  But I have a mancrush on his talent and love the big CBs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

russ, the injuries seem to have held on and carried over to 2010 as well

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

It would be awesome to draft RB Mark Ingram. 

What's funny is how 2011 Mock Drafts show the Patriots (raiders) pick to be projected between 12-15?  People are hating already.  We all know it will be a top 7 pick.  There's no way they suddly become a 8-8 team.  The only team I think they will definetly beat is St. Louis.

Home: Denver, Kansas City, San Diego, Houston, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Seattle, Miami

Away: Denver, Kansas City, San Diego, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Arizona, San Francisco, Pittsburgh

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Weapon X is a bit much, but does appear very smooth and athletic for a guy his size.

And glancing at the available talent I think BB would be fine in the top ten if his guy were there. Ingram isn't  a lock to come out yet is he? Cameron Heyward is ... NE needs edge rushers and defensive lineman and offensive lineman. I hope they can answer these three spots quickly next draft, netting one star in the top ten.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from reggie26. Show reggie26's posts

Why do the Pats go soooo many injuries? Why didnt warren get the surgery done at the end of last season?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Hernandez--Weapon X:
    [QUOTE]Keep in mind, if this team has any semblance of a power run game that they showed in that preseason game, that makes Brady far more deadly in play action.  They haven't even used that kind of thing on a somewhat regular basis since 2005. It's been that spread offense here basically since 2006. If this offense is successful in switching between a power/run committed type offense sprinkled in with a 2007 offense, they'll do 30 points per game and it won't really matter who the D is. This is the aspect they didn't have a handle on in 2007.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  I like the offensive game plan we've been using.  Power running isn't going to get you 30 points a game.  They have effectively used play action during the past few years ... do it too much and it won't work.  Everyone out there is gunning for Brady anyway, play action is a good way to get him killed.  Plus it's hard to commit to the run when Laurence Maroney is your top rusher.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aaron Hernandez--Weapon X : I disagree.  I like the offensive game plan we've been using.  Power running isn't going to get you 30 points a game.  They have effectively used play action during the past few years ... do it too much and it won't work.  Everyone out there is gunning for Brady anyway, play action is a good way to get him killed.  Plus it's hard to commit to the run when Laurence Maroney is your top rusher.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Power running might not get 30+ points per game, but it rests the D and lets them keep the other team from scoring.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Next year the Pats need to unearth the next Seymour and Vrabel in the draft, get a legit RB and get some OL help and I think they'll be ready for the next 3-5 years. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Hernandez is the H-Bomb
    and
    Gronkowski is the G-Force

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Hernandez will be a interesting weapon. I think the real gem is Edelman. We saw some flashes last year of Edelman, and with him working out with the RB's this year, I'm wondering what else BB has in store? Given Edelman can throw, could we see him lining up as a RB, getting a handoff from TB and then chucking it downfield to Moss or Tate? I would like to see some of these trick plays worked in from time to time utilizing Edelman's throwing ability. 

Edelman's versatility is something we need to key on and make him a centerpriece to this offense. Gradually work him in, but he is probably the most versatile weapon we have on the field at any time. Not as explosive as Moss, and not Welker yet, but he can pretty much do it all. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

ZB and others.....Can you see Hernando as HB in the mold of Clark and thus posing match -up nightmares for other teams ? I gotta say I really like the three TE and two TE sets alot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

I think Hernandez will be a great Rec weapon but his full potential will be dependent on two things. His ability to block and the Pats commitment to the run game. With the Pats lining up in passing formations and our non reliance on the run game over the last few years, it has made our TE somewhat one dimentional. If we are able to line up in power formations and throw from them, it will allow Hernandez a much easier time to get open and make plays after the catch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aaron Hernandez--Weapon X : Dude, if they don't have it, they can't win a SB. Look at Indy, They have a pass first, finesse rush. Manning and the pass offense is clearly great, but it's a problem when you don't have balance. They get some solid running plays from that set up, but really, the idea of running the ball and committing to it can't disappear if you want to win a SB. If NE could switch back and forth with what we saw on those nice drives the other night and the spread offense, they can play more than just 1 way.  This is the key, I tells ya!  haha It would separate them basically every team in the AFC East.  NE's spread offense is deadly against mediocre/bad Ds, but they need another bullet in the chamber, and in my opinion, the run game with Neal, Vollmer, Crumpler, etc, is the ticket. Think about the 4th quarter of the 2007 AFC Title game.  They ran it all quarter. They can run it, and they need to show people they absolutely will slam it so teams have to respect it.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.  I think the Pats can run and have run well at times over the past few years  Maybe we are saying the same thing ... they will go run heavy when it suits them best, they will go pass at other times, and they will also mix it up.  I'm excited!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBrain3. Show TheBrain3's posts

I also liked the run heavy set NE featured in the game against the Saints, I just can't put too much stock into it yet being a preseason game. I do think we are still a spread offense and built to be one. Red zone offense should be a lot better with Gronk, Weapon X, and Crump. I want to see Taylor and Morris get some snaps and see how they run behind these guys. Overall optimistic. Defensively we are much improved and have a solid foundation for the next 3-5 years in place with Mayo and Spikes anchoring the middle of our defense. I agree with getting some young pass rushers in the next draft. I see BB picking a RDE stud in the first with the Raiders pick and then trading the second first round pick for a one next year and a two this year. 

Bold prediction: Spikes-defensive ROY.

The other great nickname(s) I saw on here was Welker= Shake, Edelman= Bake.

Sections
Shortcuts