Aaron Rogers in not the MVP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Re: Aaron Rogers in not the MVP

And Gronk MVP?  I guess Moss should have been MVP in 2007.  It's a good thing these receivers just happen to have MVP seasons around Brady.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Rogers in not the MVP:
    In Response to Re: Aaron Rogers in not the MVP : That's right I forgot you have access to his personal diary where he states this.
    Posted by tcal2-

Tell, us tcal.....  where have you seen indications Brady IS concerned with personal stats? If Brady was, he could have taken more shots into the end zone for TD than the three running scores that occurred. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Sorry, but I seriously don't think the individual passing yards record is going to be the deciding factor on the MVP.  Rodgers is having an amazing season, the Packers even though they lost are have a great season.  I believe Joe Montana even said he doesn't think he ever had a season like the one Rodgers is having tells ya something.  Unless the Packers loss both their last 2 games, Rodgers will get the MVP.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I've watched every Saints game. Brees has been great this season, but his "eye-popping" numbers really came against some incredibly weak competitors where his team ran the score up.

Rogers and Brady have been in more "dogfights." And the latter doesn't get to play the cupcakes from the NFC South.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

One mediocre game and he's not the MVP anymore? Anyone remember Cleveland last season?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

mind boggling.  Where's all this inclement weather been in the AFC East this year?  And as for the cupcakes, I don't recall the Bills or Phins striking fear in anyone this year.  Sure the Bills had their little run, but they've shown who they really are over the past 7 weeks.  And the Jets (at least on this board) aren't considered to be much competition. 

On the other hand, there were real expectations for TB after 10 wins last year.  Atlanta is a playoff team, and pretty much everyone has been surprised by the efforts, if not the results of Carolina.  Not only that NO's also had to play the very strong NFC North. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Given all the hoopla about Brees and the run for Marino's record..  how many of you noticed Brady is only 187 yards behind Brees on 53 fewer attempts and 66 fewer completions?  If Brady threw as much as Brees, guess who would be on top?  Using Brady's average per completion, if he was on par with Brees... he'd now have 5,165 yards!!  Add Rodgers to the mix with similar completions as Brees, he'd have 5,236 yards!  NO goes as Brees goes and they need his numbers to win.  How about them apples!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Unless Rodgers has back to back horrible games (and I mean horrible like 4+ picks each game) there is no reason he shouldn't win MVP.  He has the most TD's the fewest picks, the highest QBR and the most yards per attempt.  Brees might have more yards and a higher completion %, but Rodgers I think has the superior statistical profile.  Also NO plays in a dome and GB plays at Lambeau.  That helps as well.  Plus Rodgers beating Brees head to head has to help as well.  Rodgers controls his own destiny for MVP imo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Unless Rodgers has back to back horrible games (and I mean horrible like 4+ picks each game) there is no reason he shouldn't win MVP.  He has the most TD's the fewest picks, the highest QBR and the most yards per attempt.  Brees might have more yards and a higher completion %, but Rodgers I think has the superior statistical profile.  Also NO plays in a dome and GB plays at Lambeau.  That helps as well.  Plus Rodgers beating Brees head to head has to help as well.  Rodgers controls his own destiny for MVP imo.
    Posted by pcmIV

Given Marino and Brady set their respective records for outdoor teams while Manning and Brees have their records established in "cushy" domes ( Brees performance yesterday was in a dome) gives pause to how really great they are, comparitively speaking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Oh, yeah. Rogers will moonwalk into this one. 

I don't think yardage stats will merit much for MVP voters. At least not enough to offset the fact that about 1/4 of Brees' production (~750 yards and 10 TDs) came against two teams with three wins between them, and his numbers, by and large, are still worse than Rogers', as great as they may be.

Rogers didn't even have a 'bad' game last Sunday. The whole offense had a bad game, but Rogers was the least of their issues. 

He'll totally win it, walking away. And he deserves it for how consistent he's been playing this season.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Oh, yeah. Rogers will moonwalk into this one.  I don't think yardage stats will merit much for MVP voters. At least not enough to offset the fact that about 1/4 of Brees' production (~750 yards and 10 TDs) came against two teams with three wins between them, and his numbers, by and large, are still worse than Rogers', as great as they may be. Rogers didn't even have a 'bad' game last Sunday. The whole offense had a bad game, but Rogers was the least of their issues.  He'll totally win it, walking away. And he deserves it for how consistent he's been playing this season.  
    Posted by zbellino

What is amazing, in Brady's "bad" game against the Bills with 4 INTs (many wwere tipped passes), he did have 387 yards and 4 TDs.  If INTs are the only element to determine whether a QB has a "bad" game of not, seems that is the only bad game Brady has had, really.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Rogers in not the MVP : Right Coach... we also need to cut OCHO and the LAW FIRM.
    Posted by TSWFAN

BJGE would be a good start.  Ridley is the man.  But maybe your eye sight isn't that good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Hopefully Rogers wins regular season MVP, then there is no way he wins the MVP that matters.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Is that movie that AR is starring in?   musta missed it I don't get out much

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Rogers in not the MVP : BJGE would be a good start.  Ridley is the man.  But maybe your eye sight isn't that good.
    Posted by tcal2-

Again, YOU are the "smartest guy" in the room Coach. Just as you said yesterday you didn't want to "hear any one calling to run the ball."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

The NFL loves to give the MVP Award to record setters, Marino in 1984 with his 5,084 passing yards.  He only had a 108.9 rating but also had 48 TDs, at the time also a record.  But his 17 INTs don't compare well to Rodgers, Brady or Brees this year.  Marino also completed only 64.2% of his passes which was 3rd best in 1984.  Marino also authored only 3 game winning drives which was tied for 4th and behind even Tony Eason. But the Dolphins finished 14-2 which was tops in the AFC, second only to the Niners who throttled them in the SB that year.

Brady of course in 2007, led the Pats to a 16-0 record.  His 4,806 yards and 50 TDs were tops, the latter set the record.  Brady also had 4 GW drives, tops in '07.

Look at Peyton Manning in '03 and '04.  He won the award both years even through Brady lead his team to SB victories both years and to better records.  Manning won based on his better stats.  In '03 Manning threw for 4,267 (1st), 29 TD (2nd) and had a 99.0 Rating (2nd).  The Colts were 12-4 that year, only 3rd best in the AFC!!

In 2004 Manning threw for 4,557 (3rd, behind Culpepper and Green) but broke Marino's TD record at 49.  His passer rating of 121.1 was best.  But again, the Colts were 12-4 tied for 3rd best record in the AFC.

Manning won the MVP again in 2008 and 2009.  In 2008, his 4,002 yards was only 6th.  Drew Brees set the pace at 5,069.  Manning had 27 TD against 12 INT compared to Brees 34-17.  Brees also had the slightly better passer rating, 96.2 to 95 for Manning, they finished 4th and 5th in rating behind Rivers at 105.5.  The Colts were 12-4 that year and went to the play-offs as the Wild Card but of course won the SB.

In 2009 Manning's 4,500 yards were 2nd to Matt Schaub's 4,770.  Manning had 33 TD (2nd to Brees' 34) but threw 16 picks, Brees had just 11.  Brees also had the better QB rating 109.6 to 107.2.  The Colts were 14-2 and lost to the Saints in the SB yet Manning, not Brees won the MVP. 

Sometimes, the MVP is given to the bigger star when other things are essential even.  This year obviously the Packers have been stellar at 13-1 compared to NO at 11-3.  I would not be surprised to see Brees win the MVP this year if he breaks Marino's record and goes deep in the play-offs.  Brees was shunned before and is the older of the two and the NFL might decide to again, go for the better stats, especially if the yards record is broken.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey on quarterback Tom Brady: "I said it before the game, he is still the best out there in my opinion. He is just patient. He knows his guys, where everyone is going to be. He is the best all-around quarterback that I know. That is what you expect out of him. He has been doing it for years."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey on quarterback Tom Brady: "I said it before the game, he is still the best out there in my opinion. He is just patient. He knows his guys, where everyone is going to be. He is the best all-around quarterback that I know. That is what you expect out of him. He has been doing it for years."
    Posted by shenanigan

To me, Brady is the best but I think he is a distant third this year in the MVP balloting.  If Brees breaks Marino's record, in the process he'd become the first QB in NFL history with multiple 5,000 yard passing seasons.  It's almost inconceivable for him to not win the MVP either of those times.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Rodgers "stinker" was a 250 yard game with 1 Td and 1 rushing TD.

Rodgers will be the MVP. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Aaron Rogers in not the MVP:
    The #4 ranked QB in passing yardage, Behind Eli lol, just got eliminated from the race.  That should leave Brees 1 and GRONK 2.  To bad Brady didn't throw a few goal line passes his way.  I would of.
    Posted by tcal2-

Neither is Eli, I guess.

He was doing sooo good too...lol

I would vote for Gronk or Sproles.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rogers is MVP. Brees second. Gronk MAYBE 3rd but likely about 5 or 6.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i would love to see brady with jennings, nelson, finley, driver, grant...welker, gronk, and hernandez are great, but TFB doesnt even have a 3rd receiver and he puts up amazing numbers...its no coincidence rodgers gets slowed down when jennings is hurt...if jennings isnt back for the playoffs, they wont win it all, they just wont. they might be eliminated in the divisional round if hes not back by then

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

i would love to see brady with jennings, nelson, finley, driver, grant...welker, gronk, and hernandez are great, but TFB doesnt even have a 3rd receiver and he puts up amazing numbers...its no coincidence rodgers gets slowed down when jennings is hurt...if jennings isnt back for the playoffs, they wont win it all, they just wont. they might be eliminated in the divisional round if hes not back by then
    Posted by redsoxfan94

Driver and Grant?  One is a dinosaur and the other is alway hurt.

The "he has better weapons" argument is lame.  The Pats may lack the prototypical big play guy but Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez pose as a difficult a match-up problem as any trio in the NFL.  Jordy Nelson wasn't exactly a household name at the beginning of the year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Rodgers 40 ( Not a record )   TD's to Brees 37 Rodgers only 6 ( Not a record ) INT's to Brees 11 Rodgers GBR of 120.1 ( YAWN ) to Brees of 109.1 Rodgers Passing yards 4,360 to Brees 4,780 ( Record Pace )
    Posted by tcal2-

Gee, I never realized that to be considered the MVP you HAD to have record breaking stats for the season! More TD's, less INT's, higher rating, 13 wins vs 11... I see why Brees should be MVP. Rodgers.. what a freakin' slacker!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts