Aaron Rogers in not the MVP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Re: Aaron Rogers in not the MVP

Aaron Rogers is going to be the QB for a team that goes 15-1. He will get the MVP easily. A major reason he gets the award is related to the Pack winning the SB last year. It may not be fair, but this year's rewards are often due to last year's results (Steelers Polamalu as defensive player of the year in 2010....please). 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Rogers isn't even the MVP of his wn team, he loses Jennings and he looks lost out there. He's looked pathetic against good defenses (Chiefs and Giants) and, for the most part, he's lost his only test, though him playing like crude for 3 quarters was the biggest reason. Brady has faced better defenses has two comeback wins to show for it. And about 90 of his 240 came when Crennel went to his soft zones in the fourth quarter. He was terrible in this game. Was 6-17 in the third with 95 yards to show for it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

rogers deserves it. he has played good ball and put up good stats. many of the pundits believed the pack would go 16-0. I was hoping that they would be 15-0 and have to play their starters like we did against the Giants in 2007 in game 16. I believe that effected us in the playoffs.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

im tired of everyone looking at stats, itd the Mvp, not the best stats.
    recievers GB>saints>pats
    defense saints,gb,pats
    rb saints,gb,pats
    take awaus brees or rodgers and you have 6-8 wins
    take away brady and you 1 or 2

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

OK,

I think the MVP is really his to lose at this point.

What the last game really did was make it very unlikley he will get the UNANIMOUS MVP vote like Tom Brady did. I think before this stinker he may just had been just the second to do that. Obviously there is debate now that did not exist before..there will be at least one dissenter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I think Rogers will win the MVP but the Saints look like the only team in the NFC who can beat the Packers. I don't think people will be shocked if the Saints go to the Super Bowl.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Rogers in not the MVP:
    [QUOTE]mind boggling.  Where's all this inclement weather been in the AFC East this year?  And as for the cupcakes, I don't recall the Bills or Phins striking fear in anyone this year.  Sure the Bills had their little run, but they've shown who they really are over the past 7 weeks.  And the Jets (at least on this board) aren't considered to be much competition.  On the other hand, there were real expectations for TB after 10 wins last year.  Atlanta is a playoff team, and pretty much everyone has been surprised by the efforts, if not the results of Carolina.  Not only that NO's also had to play the very strong NFC North. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Welker is the only receiver who'd make the Packers' or Saints' rosters.  Greg Jennings, Marques Colston, Jordy Nelson, Devery Henderson, Donald Driver, Robert Meachem, Lance Moore, and James Jones are all VASTLY better than anyone in the Patriots' receiving corps.

And only Gronk would start over Graham and Finley FOR HIS BLOCKING (as a pass catcher, Graham and Finley are every bit as good, and better than Hernandez for their size and blocking)

So

Patriots: Welker, Gronk, and roster fodder
    Packers: Jennings, Nelson, Driver, Jones, Finley, and even Cobb isn't half bad
    Saints: Colston, Henderson, Meachem, Moore, and Graham

If all their numbers are comparable (and they are: yards, completion percentages, TD/INT ratios, TDs, INTs), you tell me who's doing more for their team.

Answer: Brady

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Aaron Rogers in not the MVP": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aaron Rogers in not the MVP : Welker is the only receiver who'd make the Packers' or Saints' rosters.  Greg Jennings, Marques Colston, Jordy Nelson, Devery Henderson, Donald Driver, Robert Meachem, Lance Moore, and James Jones are all VASTLY better than anyone in the Patriots' receiving corps. And only Gronk would start over Graham and Finley FOR HIS BLOCKING (as a pass catcher, Graham and Finley are every bit as good, and better than Hernandez for their size and blocking) So Patriots: Welker, Gronk, and roster fodder Packers: Jennings, Nelson, Driver, Jones, Finley, and even Cobb isn't half bad Saints: Colston, Henderson, Meachem, Moore, and Graham If all their numbers are comparable (and they are: yards, completion percentages, TD/INT ratios, TDs, INTs), you tell me who's doing more for their team. Answer: Brady Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE] Gronk, Welker and Hernandez are the three big targets and I'll tell you there isn't a team in the NFL with three guys who can produce at that level. Branch has had games over a hundred yards and Ocho and Underwood have caught some passes but it really doesn't matter. Brady will not get past his 3rd read 90% of the time because they are so good. Really I can't understand all the bellyaching about receivers on this board. The pats have the #1 receiver in the NFL in Welker, #7 in Gronk with Hern at 36 and Branch at 48 even though both those guys missed time. No team has guys producing at that level. GB has the 15th, 16th, 42nd and 74th. Simply because you or anyone else thinks Driver or Nelson is better than Welker doesn't make them better. If they were better than the Pats receivers they would catch more passes and get more yards. BTW driver has less than 400 yards and Brandon Tate looks like a superstar next to Cobb. Cobb has 1 TD and 4 fumbles, he pretty much sucks. Tate was better than him last year. GB is in the same boat as the Pats they have 3 guys who are great in Jennings, Nelson and Finley and they've been rotating in guys for the fourth with nobody looking great. In a list of weaknesses for the Pats receiver is pretty far down the line in my book.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phillipston. Show Phillipston's posts

I have heard some say that P. Manning will be getting a vote, so I don't think Rogers would have gotten it unanimously anyways.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Aaron Rogers in not the MVP": [QUOTE]I have heard some say that P. Manning will be getting a vote, so I don't think Rogers would have gotten it unanimously anyways. Posted by Phillipston[/QUOTE] Brett Favre will probably get a vote too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aaron Rogers in not the MVP : Welker is the only receiver who'd make the Packers' or Saints' rosters.  Greg Jennings, Marques Colston, Jordy Nelson, Devery Henderson, Donald Driver, Robert Meachem, Lance Moore, and James Jones are all VASTLY better than anyone in the Patriots' receiving corps. And only Gronk would start over Graham and Finley FOR HIS BLOCKING (as a pass catcher, Graham and Finley are every bit as good, and better than Hernandez for their size and blocking) So Patriots: Welker, Gronk, and roster fodder Packers: Jennings, Nelson, Driver, Jones, Finley, and even Cobb isn't half bad Saints: Colston, Henderson, Meachem, Moore, and Graham If all their numbers are comparable (and they are: yards, completion percentages, TD/INT ratios, TDs, INTs), you tell me who's doing more for their team. Answer: Brady
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]
    Come on are you really expecting me to buy this crap?  Welker, Gronkowski and Hernandez would all be starters for other teams.  What you are doing is playing the typical Patriot games of down playing your own talent in order to make your teams success so much more spectacular.  Welker leads the league in catches and theres not a better slot in the game.  Gronkowski leads the league in TE TD's and some here think he should merit MVP consideration himself.  Hernandez has been nursing some injuries this season, so he hasn't gotten the run that the other have, but no one is questioning what he is capable of.  Hernandez is a hybrid who creates matchup problems for any defense. 

As for the doing more for their team thing, I don't care to hear it.  If that were always the basis for the award, Manning might have 8.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

How about the Clots that were 14-0 and rested their starters and then lost in the first round?

IMHO thats too much rest. College players get 3 weeks or more from their last game to their bowl games. The reason I say it hurt the Pats is I believe Brady got hurt in the reg season Giants game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]How about the Clots that were 14-0 and rested their starters and then lost in the first round? IMHO thats too much rest. College players get 3 weeks or more from their last game to their bowl games. The reason I say it hurt the Pats is I believe Brady got hurt in the reg season Giants game.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

umm, the colts went to the superbowl that year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

umm, the colts went to the superbowl that year.

And the result was? that was the year when we blew that big lead wasnt it? So I guess luck is a factor in your calculations. Well Luck certainly is this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It's rather hilarious when the Bridesmaid shows up the Bride.  Flynn comes in today in a hard fought game against a playoff contender and only puts up franchise numbers in TD's and Yards blowing away what Rodgers has ever done.

What today's performance by Flynn proves is Rodgers isn't the Key to that Offence's engine....not by a long shot.  It's the receivers, stupid.  So if you want to be a media drone the keep tooting his undeserving horn.  Go Ahead.

As for me the true, NOT THE MANDATORY QB, MVP this year is the GRONK!!!  Record setter in TD's and Yards for the position.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]It's rather hilarious when the Bridesmaid shows up the Bride.  Flynn comes in today in a hard fought game against a playoff contender and only puts up franchise numbers in TD's and Yards blowing away what Rodgers has ever done. What today's performance by Flynn proves is Rodgers isn't the Key to that Offence's engine....not by a long shot.  It's the receivers, stupid.  So if you want to be a media drone the keep tooting his undeserving horn.  Go Ahead. As for me the true, NOT THE MANDATORY QB , MVP this year is the GRONK!!!  Record setter in TD's and Yards for the position.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]
    Rodgers has not so much made the GB receiver corps look good as much as they make Rodgers look good.  If it is a QB thing, then Flynn would not have approached the numbers he did against a team like the Lions and the Packers would have been crushed by the Lions. SO, how will the Rodgers fawning media explain this?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

not sure about aaron rodgers but i think AARON RODGERS could!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Brees should get the MVP. Flynn proved GB can win without Rodgers.

NO would not win with their backup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Need I say it again?  GRONK - 165 3TD's  Aaron - Gag job even with the 14 gifted ref points.