Aaron Schobel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Aaron Schoebel

I agree with BB. The whole 4-3 3-4 thing is overrated. Most players could do well in both, you merely need to tailor your schemes around what they do well.

I think Schobel as a FA would be very enticing to NE. However, they will never cough up picks for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

draft picks and 6 million dollars

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The rumor on the street is that he has a huge contract that outweighs his skills.  I guess the feeling is that nobody would be willing to pick up that contract which is why there are rumors that he will be cut not traded.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

yeah, shenanigan is right here - The pats will just wait around unitl Schobel gets CUT/Released.  The Bills most likely wouldn't do business with us anyways.  Going to be a waiting game here until he is cut....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I heard on 98.5 that Schobel was released.  Any confirmation out there?  Still think he would be a good get for the Pats and that Bill could find a role for him rushing the passer, whether in base 3-4 or otherwise. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Any updates? anyone hear anything on Schobel? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Ugh! not what I want to hear..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Sounds like he values the Texans way ahead of the Pats...hopefully Bill can change his mind...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Texans just gave Andre 3000 a new deal( even though he had 5 years remaining) Might hinder their ability to get Shoebel.

With Dumervil going down for a few months I bet McD will go after Shoebel hard.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

True Champ - I thought the same thing (Dumervil)....I really hope the Pats atleast make a hard Pitch at Schobel - I just don't want to hear that they came up short (moneywise) if they do make a pitch for him.

If he (schobel) isn't on the Pats radar to really go hard after - I will be VERY Disappointed that they didn't get em.  It's a NON_CAP year - so NO excuses - the Pats have a 'glaring' need at this position.  He is the BEST available out there right now! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

A tempting talent no doubt and if the Patriots do make a serious run for him you have to figure that there's going to be more 4-3 snaps then there has been seen in recent years.Even when they set in apparent 3-4 with him as seemingly an OLB,most of the time he'll be going for the opposition's Q.B.whether his hand is in the dirt or he is in a linebacker posture.Dollars,as always will be a factor and right now you 'd think the at least Dallas and Houston would be after him,hard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: Aaron Schobel

i think its a no brainer move to go get him.  its up to schobel if he wants to win or not. i would think he does, but who knows

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Schoebel:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aaron Schoebel : Agreed, but there is no way Schobel would choose Denver over NE if the money was close. Of course, Denver is clearly closer to Houston than NE is, sure. But, from a player perspective, I am trying to figure out how on earth he wouldn't take a call from BB.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

Russ I'm going out on a limb here and saying you're not married. Even with a nanny and maid service his wife is carrying the load of two sons and a daughter. If they're living in the Houston area than his wife June is probably saying when are you going to hurry up and sign with the Texans and come home. You'd be surprised how much something like that will factor into a decision. Besides, Schoebel will probably tell you championships aren't everything just ask NFL fans who are far more enamored with regular season playing statistics. He can be the defensive Dan Marino.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Re: Aaron Schobel

there is nothing like working 5 minutes from your house... i used to go home for lunch everyday... sometimes i mowed my lawn...

now its 45 minutes away... and it gives you time to think about things on the drive but i wish it was still the 5 minute drive... oh well...

on a positive note... i heard the texans dont need a rush end... even though they like shoebel and the dline coach was previously buffys dline coach and has a good relationshsip with him...   maybe thats not as positive as i thought....  nevermind