About Gronkowski

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: About Gronkowski

thats why i'm glad that all of the giants are playing in this one, when the patriots win there will be no excuses from giant fans. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

In response to "Re: About Gronkowski": [QUOTE]thats why i'm glad that all of the giants are playing in this one, when the patriots win there will be no excuses from giant fans.  Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE] Don't fool yourself, there'll be plenty.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In Response to Re: About Gronkowski:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: About Gronkowski : you mean like all the excuses you guys used after SB 42?
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Interesting comment. i was listening to to NFL radio ( Kerwin and Ryan..I think) and they said with the new QB protection rules  ( OK .. maybe the Brady Rule.) Eli would have definitely been whistled stopped for "in the grasp", albeit for his own protection.
    It is a different game even since then.

PS Holding rules are still the same where was the flags!!!!!!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: About Gronkowski : you mean like all the excuses you guys used after SB 42?
    sure, there were some fans who were making excuses - and that's gonna be true no matter who loses in a big game like the Superbowl.

Again, I think most of us obviously wanted the Patriots to win that game, but not for one minute did I think it was going to be a blowout or anything. After watching the regular season game between the Giants and Patriots in 2007, I knew they matched up well against the Patriot team - Just like the Giants team matches well against them this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: About Gronkowski : thats nonsense...the in the grasp rule hasn't changed in years...i dont get why u people cant see the refs did the right thing: they swallowed the whistle in the last minutes of the biggest game and let the players play, like the last minute or two of a big and tight hockey game-a penalty must be blatant to be called. thats how its always been and should always be. and besides, eli twisted, turned and escaped. sack him if you dont want any discrepancies.

So I guess then that you won't mind if the Pats O line holds your pass rushers and there are no flags. Remember you said that

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: About Gronkowski : thats nonsense...the in the grasp rule hasn't changed in years...i dont get why u people cant see the refs did the right thing: they swallowed the whistle in the last minutes of the biggest game and let the players play, like the last minute or two of a big and tight hockey game-a penalty must be blatant to be called. thats how its always been and should always be. and besides, eli twisted, turned and escaped. sack him if you dont want any discrepancies.

They would have but for the holding. The blatant holding.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Jints....   be ready for Gronk Quakes against the Giants!!  With two weeks to heal and given he was back in the last game, he'll be ready.  It's not he like NEEDS to practice, we talking about "practice"?  LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Have no fear Jints fan. Gronkowski has "two" ankles, he only needs one of them to run routes on the Giants secondary.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: About Gronkowski : So I guess then that you won't mind if the Pats O line holds your pass rushers and there are no flags. Remember you said that
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but only if it is the last few minutes of the game.  But, since everyone knows the Gnats D-line is so great, the only way to contain (can't possibly stop) them is to hold them.  Stone cold lock the pats O-line gets called for it.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to About Gronkowski:
    [QUOTE]I have to say, in all seriousness, that I was sorry to see Gronkowski get hurt and to hear that it is a semi-serious high ankle sprain. For two reasons: first of all, I dont root for injuries and i dont like seeing a great young player hurt two, like any fan should feel, I want to play the Pats at full strength, with basically all the parts in place. In 42 it would not have meant quite as much if Welker or Moss were out or badly compromised. I hope Gronkowski is at full strength so all ur pieces are on the field...beating a team with a big injury or star player out will never mean as much

Then what do you think about Giants players saying that they were specifically targeting a SF player who's had 4 concussions?

Funny how you didn't mention that...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

jintsfan has managed to come off polite, and seem like a superficial doooosh at the same time...way to go

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Officials let them play with a few minutes left. The back judge had no n ads to make that call. Let them play. Maybe the official heard Seymour tell Snee to go home and back his bags 'cause it's over for you guys.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Jints fan knows that we wouldn't even be playing football right now if it wasn't for Patriots owner Bob Kraft and it's eating him up inside. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Jints....   be ready for Gronk Quakes against the Giants!!  With two weeks to heal and given he was back in the last game, he'll be ready.  It's not he like NEEDS to practice, we talking about "practice"?  LOL
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    If we could only wager bets here. High ankle injuries take 4 to 6 weeks to even begin to heal and often times require surgery. He'll be at best 30-40% for the SB. I guess that's better than no Gronk at all. TB will have to find another target. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

If Gronk really has a high ankle sprain as his old man said, there is a possibility he will not be able to play. Recovery is months, not weeks, for high ankle sprains. Let's hope not.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I wouldn't worry about Gronk if I was a Jints fan.  I'd worry about a slew of healthy running backs running it down your defenses' throats, then biting on play action as TB hits Welker, Branch (remember him - prior SB MVP?), Hernandez, Woodhead/Ridley out of the backfield, perhaps a Ocho-Cinco showing?  Lot's of things to worry about really.  And besides, Gronk will still probably catch 6 or 7 balls and even if you can bring him down, he'll get between 75-100 as he's been doing to defenses keying in on him all year.  What's to worry about? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

This is what I think:

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I can't imagine Gronk not playing in this game.  I have no doubt he is hurting.  I have no doubt he won't be at full strength.  And I have no doubt that you would have to induce him into a coma the night prior to the SB in order to keep him from playing.  He'll tape it up, shoot it up, and gut it out in a practice or two next week just to keep the trainers and coaches on the same page. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I can't imagine Gronk not playing in this game.  I have no doubt he is hurting.  I have no doubt he won't be at full strength.  And I have no doubt that you would have to induce him into a coma the night prior to the SB in order to keep him from playing.  He'll tape it up, shoot it up, and gut it out in a practice or two next week just to keep the trainers and coaches on the same page. 
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This is the SB, what he's played for all year. he will be ready to GRONK.

Sections
Shortcuts