About That Blackout...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

About That Blackout...

According to WFAN, on BOTH Halftime Rehearsals, the POWER went out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: About That Blackout...

Seriously?  If that's true that is just embarrassing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Which is why you're not hearing about it, as a general rule.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

thats what they get for continuing to have the big filthy host the super bowl

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I was waiting to read that Bush did it or Chineese hackers caused it. Didn't that come right after a Siemans commercial? They typically handle that medium voltage and power stuff. That would be great advertising.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I have a pretty extensive electrical background, having worked as a power lineman for about 7 years, and I have to say that the crews did an excellent job of getting the lights back on in a timely fashion.  The 45 minute delay seemed like an eternity during the game, but that is very efficient work to regain power during a situatuion like that.  It really could have been worse.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

According to WFAN, on BOTH Halftime Rehearsals, the POWER went out

I am sure the building manager is looking for work this morning.

No; it's called Beyonce & Alicia (Slow Anthem) Keys (and don't get me wrong, they both seem like nice persons & great performers) are more important than the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I have a pretty extensive electrical background, having worked as a power lineman for about 7 years, and I have to say that the crews did an excellent job of getting the lights back on in a timely fashion.  The 45 minute delay seemed like an eternity during the game, but that is very efficient work to regain power during a situatuion like that.  It really could have been worse.

Agreed; imagine the pressure they were under

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Normally theres redundancy built into those systems. Some of the places I go into for work couldnt lose power for 45 minutes with out caststrophic problems when they restarted. Someone will be to blame when its said and done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

We could have the same occurrence at next year's superbowl because of bad weather.  If they have a bad storm this could cause numerous power outages.  Bad weather in NY could also influence the many visitors to the city during super bowl week.  I believe it was a bad decision for them to allow NY to host the super bowl.    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

They just spent $150 million on the Superdome, if I recall correctly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Prorbaby caused by the sponsors. They knew the game was over unless the crows lost momemtum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2114387/harbaughmad.gif

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

The lighting and staging people knew this was going to happen but someone was too cheap to bring in Show Power generator trucks to deal with the extra load. The stadium has enough power to run itself for a regular NFL game. Add all the extra lighting as well as the stages and tents outside and it was a recepie for a blackout.

Sections
Shortcuts