About the call on 4 and 2...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtexx. Show rtexx's posts

About the call on 4 and 2...

First of all, the play ended before the two minute mark, so why couln't the Patriots challenge the play?

Second, I replayed that catch over and over again.  It looked like the ball was firmly in his hands right at the first down line.  Anyone agree?  So, no booth review, no Pats review - what the..!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: About the call on 4 and 2...

they didn't have any timeouts left

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In Response to About the call on 4 and 2...:
    [QUOTE]First of all, the play ended before the two minute mark, so why couln't the Patriots challenge the play? Second, I replayed that catch over and over again.  It looked like the ball was firmly in his hands right at the first down line.  Anyone agree?  So, no booth review, no Pats review - what the..!
    Posted by rtexx[/QUOTE]
    It should have been reviewed. I can't understand why. It looked like a first down and it was the most crucial play of the game in the end

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

No timeouts.. You have to have a timeout to lose if you fail an attempted challenge

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

[QUOTE]First of all, the play ended before the two minute mark, so why couln't the Patriots challenge the play? Second, I replayed that catch over and over again.  It looked like the ball was firmly in his hands right at the first down line.  Anyone agree?  So, no booth review, no Pats review - what the..!
    Posted by rtexx[/QUOTE]

it looked to me like a first down. the reason the patriots couldnt challenge the play is because it was not inside the 2 min warning and they had no remaining time outs. the fishy thing to me is when the play ended, before the commecial break, the clock said 1:57... leading me to believe that the booth would clearly challenge the play. yet, when they com back from the break, the clock says 2:00, meaning they cant booth review the play. looks to me like the pats got screwed when it came down to it. not so sure about that PI call on the colts second to last drive. i realize the pats turned the ball over twice in the red zone, but it really kills me to see the team lose on something as sketchy as the clock moving backwards without explaination

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Collinsworth and Michaels kep claiming the ball was being juggled, but I'm damned if I can see it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flameurass. Show Flameurass's posts

I agree that Faulk had the first down. He gets that call and game is over and we're all sitting around here happy and smug, instead of angry and smug.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamConvoy. Show TeamConvoy's posts

I agree.  I did not see the ball move.  He snagged it with one arm, then held it against upper chest with two arms.

Still a ridiculously risky call to throw the ball in that situation.

All football logic weighs in favor of making the opposition go 70 yards.

If BB was committed to running out clock, he should have run the ball on 3rd and 4th down.  But he had no plan whatsoever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

did anyone else notice the clock inconsitancy?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

Posted by rtexx[/QUOTE]

he made the first down.  Bill made a gutsy smart call and his only mistake was to not have the timeout to challenge.  BB went with his best player for the kill-and it actually worked.  You want to run this guy out of town for that call?  Send him to Miami.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: About the call on 4 and 2...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to About the call on 4 and 2... : It should have been reviewed. I can't understand why. It looked like a first down and it was the most crucial play of the game in the end
    Posted by Brad34[/QUOTE]

The time for booth review starts with the first snap after the two-minute warning. This play started before the two-minute warning and was still under the rules for a coaches challenge. In order to challenge, you need a timeout. The Pats used their last timeout on the previous play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I'm not sure about the juggle but I'm sure that was a bogus pass interference call on Butler.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

[QUOTE]I agree.  I did not see the ball move.  He snagged it with one arm, then held it against upper chest with two arms. Still a ridiculously risky call to throw the ball in that situation. All football logic weighs in favor of making the opposition go 70 yards. If BB was committed to running out clock, he should have run the ball on 3rd and 4th down.  But he had no plan whatsoever.
    Posted by TeamConvoy[/QUOTE]

and i totally agree with this. if they had ran the ball on thrid down (and brady waived the offense to stay on the field after, giving me the impression they were going to go for it anyway) the time situation would have been totally different. same deal if they hadnt burned two timeouts on that final four-and-out. i guess the colts were the better team today, but i do have my questions about this game... although who doesnt when their team loses

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

It was the BS call we all talked about before the game....you know, the one that would be called against the Pats..to give the Colts the game. It was complete BS and was clearly controlled, at the 1st down marker!!! I'm just sick over this!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not sure about the juggle but I'm sure that was a bogus pass interference call on Butler.
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

You are right. Incidental contact (in this case created by the offensive player) when both players are playing the ball is not PI on either player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkindc. Show dkindc's posts

Even with that call by Belichick, who would you rather have coaching your team?

Live and learn Bill.  Everyone will get over it.  The Pats can beat the Colts in their stadium.  Both sides had significant injuries.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]did anyone else notice the clock inconsitancy?
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]

The timing on the clock had nothing to do with the ability to review the play. The play started before the two-minute warning and falls under the rules for a coaches challenge. The booth would not have been able to call for a review. The booth review begins with the first snap after the two-minute warning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

[QUOTE]Even with that call by Belichick, who would you rather have coaching your team? Live and learn Bill.  Everyone will get over it.  The Pats can beat the Colts in their stadium.  Both sides had significant injuries.
    Posted by dkindc[/QUOTE]

i dont care, with tom brady as the qb ill give him the ball the win the game. same as in the 2007-08 superbowl when they went for it in the fourth with fourth-and-15(+?). you have the superstars and the ability, get it done. they just couldnt convert. but with this team, i love the call to take the game

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Noticed the clock too Flutie... and the flag on Butler was suspect as well.... But how about how Brady & co were carrying themselves on the field after they went up 24-7. They seemed to be throwing the game... Even if we won i thought it was a strange game.

Manning's 2 picks were thrown straight to Pats defenders without a reciever close enough to make a play on the ball.

oh well... 6-3 it is

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

[QUOTE]I agree.  I did not see the ball move.  He snagged it with one arm, then held it against upper chest with two arms. Still a ridiculously risky call to throw the ball in that situation. All football logic weighs in favor of making the opposition go 70 yards. If BB was committed to running out clock, he should have run the ball on 3rd and 4th down.  But he had no plan whatsoever.
    Posted by TeamConvoy[/QUOTE]
    Bingo.  3rd down was the real issue.  We panicked and we paid the price.  We lack some good 2 TE sets with a non-Maroney in the backfield.  I wouldn't have gone with the Draw just becuase the Colts had seen it 12,000 times already and they looked like they were catching on.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: About the call on 4 and 2... : The timing on the clock had nothing to do with the ability to review the play. The play started before the two-minute warning and falls under the rules for a coaches challenge. The booth would not have been able to call for a review. The booth review begins with the first snap after the two-minute warning.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

o well thanks for clearing that up for me. i thought if it went inside two mins by the time the play ended it was reviewable by the booth. chalk another one up to the madden games getting the rules wrong lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mummythree. Show mummythree's posts

well, considering he knew he didn't have any time outs, there was no way he could throw the red towel, he was risking the Colts taking over on the 30... there was a 2 minute warning coming up, and I'll try to believe him when he says he has confidence in his defense... Then WHY go for it? Put that ball deep into the Colts endzone (unlikely they would run it back for a TD) and then make your defense work their arses off and you have a better chance of stopping them and getting the ball back. Not a great coaches decision..showed cockiness, not agressiveness.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I understand they didn't have any timeouts, I understand the booth couldn't review it as well but why didn't they show it from a different angle as though it was being reviewed. I couldn't tell if he was juggling it or if the spot was on by showing the same camera angle six times.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mummythree. Show mummythree's posts

[QUOTE]I understand they didn't have any timeouts, I understand the booth couldn't review it as well but why didn't they show it from a different angle as though it was being reviewed. I couldn't tell if he was juggling it or if the spot was on by showing the same camera angle six times.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE] probably because they were not going to review it... it didn't matter.