About the call on 4 and 2...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1477. Show mattman1477's posts

Re: About the call on 4 and 2...

Brady made the wrong read....he had welker 1 on 1 over the middle but was set on throwing the ball to faulk....faulk cut the route way too close while welker was 4 yards pass the 30 yard line...right call by BB...poor read from brady.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mummythree. Show mummythree's posts

In Response to Re: About the call on 4 and 2...:
    [QUOTE]Brady made the wrong read....he had welker 1 on 1 over the middle but was set on throwing the ball to faulk....faulk cut the route way too close while welker was 4 yards pass the 30 yard line...right call by BB...poor read from brady.
    Posted by mattman1477[/QUOTE]
    The play to Faulk was the play that BB had in mind. He even said it in the news conference after the game. What killed him was that it was 4th down, no time outs, and the inability to challenge. It' falls on the coach. Belechick is a good guy and coach - he just made a bad decision.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Didn't like the call, but if you make 100 decisions in a day, and you're right 99 times than your doing OK.  Bad time to be wrong though.  He thought they would get it and the forst down probably would have sealed the game.  They came pretty darn close(I thought it was a first down), but fell short.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to About the call on 4 and 2... : he made the first down.  Bill made a gutsy smart call and his only mistake was to not have the timeout to challenge.  BB went with his best player for the kill-and it actually worked.  You want to run this guy out of town for that call?  Send him to Miami.
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]

Amen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]well, considering he knew he didn't have any time outs, there was no way he could throw the red towel, he was risking the Colts taking over on the 30... there was a 2 minute warning coming up, and I'll try to believe him when he says he has confidence in his defense... Then WHY go for it? Put that ball deep into the Colts endzone (unlikely they would run it back for a TD) and then make your defense work their arses off and you have a better chance of stopping them and getting the ball back. Not a great coaches decision..showed cockiness, not agressiveness.
    Posted by mummythree[/QUOTE]

That was not cockiness. It was respect for Manning, who showed historically, and on the previous two drives, that he does not need a lot of time to score. He probably also noticed that his D was not able to pressure Manning. Maybe they're tired, but I thought some of them just checked out early.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BST33. Show BST33's posts

The reason you don't burn timeouts is so you have them at the end of the game when you need them for fional drives and challenges. Terrible clock management. If you'r on the opposition's 30 MAYBE you go for it instead of trying a longer field go, but not on your own 30. BAD decision by a great coach. Punt the ball, play defense, and let the chips fall where they may. If you can't prevent a team from going 80 yards with 2 minutes left you don't deserve to win anyway. Short sighted decision that gave Manning too much respect and the Pats defense not enough. If I was a member of that defense I wouldn't be feeling too good about my head coach at the moment. That was a perfect opportunity for BB to gather his guys and say "go win this one for us". Could have been a big confidence booster for a lot of the young guys on D.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Faulk clearly had possession at the 30. The slight juggle gave the ref reason to spot it short.  I'm not charging a conspiracy but it looked as if he was justifying a short spot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SPINJIM59. Show SPINJIM59's posts

choke a cheat
          hehehehehehehhehehehehehehehhehehehehehehehehehe

i   loved this   game

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portcallen99. Show portcallen99's posts

Not to punt, with the obvious risk of turning the ball over to the Colts close to their goal if you don't get the first down, is the WORST coaching mistake in the history of the NFL. Period. No rationalization or justification can defend Belicheck's decision.

If they punt and Indy gets it deep, there is an excellent chance of a pick on a Manning desparation pass. How many interceptions had he thrown already in the game?

The WORST.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portcallen99. Show portcallen99's posts

For everyone who defends Belicheck on this call, put this scenario to any Pee Wee League coach in the country and ask, "punt or go for it?" What do YOU think the answer would be?