Abraham retiring

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Abraham retiring

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

This is kinda what Waters did. He wanted more than Vets min and said if not I'll stay home and pack it in. I don't think we have a spot for Abraham anyway.

I hope the Collins draft is the end of the Abraham thought. I would also like to see as many camp reps go to Bequette as possible.  

I'm in on this.  I want to see what cannon and Bequette have this year. 

I think they are both on the bubble...

Funny thing is I saw maybe 16 sessions last year at camp. I hought Bequette showed well. I thought Cannon was on the fence to be cut or put on the PS...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

This is kinda what Waters did. He wanted more than Vets min and said if not I'll stay home and pack it in. I don't think we have a spot for Abraham anyway.

I hope the Collins draft is the end of the Abraham thought. I would also like to see as many camp reps go to Bequette as possible.  

Funny thing is I saw maybe 16 sessions last year at camp. I hought Bequette showed well. I thought Cannon was on the fence to be cut or put on the PS...

And in the season it looked like it reversed where cannon made a showing and jake rode the pine. For once I feel like we actually have depth at OLB and some what at DE.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

And in the season it looked like it reversed where cannon made a showing and jake rode the pine. For once I feel like we actually have depth at OLB and some what at DE.  

Exactly. I kept telling him it's hard to judge with so many different combos being moved around and switched in and out. Camp doesn't mean much. There should be rust for young interior linemen playing next to a different parntner all the time.

All I care about is when it really counts, and clearly he was very good in for VOllmer.

RKrap is wrong as per usual.

He's only doing that because Cannon was seen as a steal in Rd 5 of the 2011 draft, which he clearly is.

THe fact he thinks our best reserve Tackle or Guard is "on the bubble" is flat out hilarious because it's so dumb.

tell me something. how many sessions did you see? did you see any of Cannon in camp getting beat like a drum? did you ever have a conversation with any one who was there? other than arguing with me last year during camp, did you see anything or speak to anyone regarding what happened in camp?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Let Abe sit in his rocker or go back to the Jesters, where it all began for him.  IMO he is over the hill and Pats do not need him anyhow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

To put it in context - what if you went in to work tomorrow and your boss said ... sorry, but we just don't think you are worth what you were making yesterday. So here is a new contract for 30% of the salary you used to make - you can sign it, or we really wish you well in whatever you do next. Have a nice day.

It takes a while to get your head around the reality of the market for a player like Abraham or Freeney. Nothing 'immature' about it and not that surprising they would find it frustrating.

if I had made $100 million in my 13 year career, I would say good bye, just like Abraham seemingly might...

Lets face it, the guy doesnt need the $$$, and at 35 years old, the 9 months is a hard grind.

a hard grind unless  you love it and woudl play for free if al your needs were taken care of, shelter food, family.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I hope that ship has sailed.  He can go back to the jests and ride in the clown car. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Pats supposedly offered him quite a bit more to come back for the second year - his issue was location and family (which could also be an issue with Abraham.) So not quite the same deal, but similar - guy who is financially secure wondering just what it is worth to him to keep playing.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

As a situational pass rusher, I think it would be worth overpaying a little bit for Abraham.  Not saying go crazy, but make it worth his while.  Think he could probably play 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB and it can't hurt having a vet here on a 1-year deal to solidify the defense.  Just my 2 cents.    

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

Cannon on the bubble? No way, that's nuts....he's the primary flex position guy able to play both OT and OG...he very well could move inside to OG eventually, which I think is his natural position....he's proven he's mentally and physically tough even though the biggest knock against him coming out of college was that he wasn't a guy who played with "attitude"...anyone who can go through chemo and still lift weights to maintain their strength and size is pretty darn tough...try going through chemo and see how much time you want to spend in the weight room...he's a tough, and tough minded, hombre

have we seen him play G in a game yet?

he saw very limited action as a T last year. His preseason game exposure was not very good.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am not the only one who thought so;

By Greg Bedard | CBSSports.com  

The Patriots donned pads for the first time since Thursday night's game, but there weren't many competitive periods. Instead, there was mostly prep work for the regulation, and a lengthy deceptions (screens, trick plays) period.

Koppen comeback: Veteran C Dan Koppen has looked terrible at times in camp, but Monday was his best day all-round. Koppen won all three of his one-on-one matchups. He had won just one of his last 11 reps coming in. Koppen also looked better in team drills. His heavy hands are back, and he's moving well. Don't count him out yet.

Struggling Cannon: RT Marcus Cannon, who gave up a team-high six total quarterback pressures against the Saints, went 0-3 in his one-on-ones. Cannon just has a really tough time against strength. We saw that again when veteran DL Tim Bulman used a push-pull-rip move to easily get around Cannon. DE Rob Ninkovich, who usually prefers speed moves, used a power bull rush against Cannon the second time. Seems like the book on him is to just muscle Cannon.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am not the only one who thought so;

By Greg Bedard| CBSSports.com  

The Patriots donned pads for the first time since Thursday night's game, but there weren't many competitive periods. Instead, there was mostly prep work for the regulation, and a lengthy deceptions (screens, trick plays) period.

Koppen comeback: Veteran C Dan Koppen has looked terrible at times in camp, but Monday was his best day all-round. Koppen won all three of his one-on-one matchups. He had won just one of his last 11 reps coming in. Koppen also looked better in team drills. His heavy hands are back, and he's moving well. Don't count him out yet.

Struggling Cannon: RT Marcus Cannon, who gave up a team-high six total quarterback pressures against the Saints, went 0-3 in his one-on-ones. Cannon just has a really tough time against strength. We saw that again when veteran DL Tim Bulman used a push-pull-rip move to easily get around Cannon. DE Rob Ninkovich, who usually prefers speed moves, used a power bull rush against Cannon the second time. Seems like the book on him is to just muscle Cannon.

Yeah, that's your anit-BB buddy Bedard who wanted it to be about him.  Look, I am not saying the kinks didn't need to be worked out in camp last year for Cannon or anyone else, but that doesn't mean he was on the bubble.

In 2011, Bedard also was critical of Vollmer, saying Eric Winston was the better RT. Eric Winston is currently unemployed.

You were drawn to Bedard because Bedard adopted the anti-BB tone in his work.  Yep.

Bedard was fine early in 2010, but October of 2010, he started to drop in these one liners which basically gave away his anti-BB agenda which corrupted his analysis.

That's why you constantly source Bedard.

Also, I don't judge one day in camp as an overall analysis.  Who knows if Cannon was battling some kind of minor injury during that time?

Leave it to you to use one day of analysis from Bedard as some kind of fact.

I based my comments on one fact, I was there for 16 sessions. We have already established you did not see any sessions...

I do admit, me, Bedard and Tony Mazz did get together last preseason and conspire to say nasty things about BB so that you would have things to write on this forum every day

Cant you just accept the fact that some people who were there had a different opinion than you have? I stand by my comments, if Waters was in camp, I thought Cannon was grading behind Thomas and McDonald.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont know what "Cannon is por" means? Where is the spell check police when we need them? I yeah, you are the spell check police

You are really one sick guy...how do you read that I thought McDonald and Thomas had a better camp the Cannon as anti BB? And better yet, what gives you the idea I care one iota about something you percieve to be anti BB?

I as usual stand by my comments from day 1;

BB is a great HC

BB is a great GM, but I find his drafting and free agent decisions not always to my liking

BB's press conferences are boring

Cannon did not have a good camp or preseason last year

Go ahead Rusto...fire away with your conspiracy theories and tell me how wrong I am...blah, blah, blah

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

As a situational pass rusher, I think it would be worth overpaying a little bit for Abraham.  Not saying go crazy, but make it worth his while.  Think he could probably play 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB and it can't hurt having a vet here on a 1-year deal to solidify the defense.  Just my 2 cents.    

don't say that too loud if you want him with the Pats Cables! if they hear it this is probably what Kraft and Bellichick will offer to pay him!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont know what "Cannon is por" means? Where is the spell check police when we need them? I yeah, you are the spell check police

You are really one sick guy...how do you read that I thought McDonald and Thomas had a better camp the Cannon as anti BB? And better yet, what gives you the idea I care one iota about something you percieve to be anti BB?

BB is a great HC

BB is a great GM, but I find his drafting and free agent decisions not always to my liking

Go ahead Rusto...fire away with your conspiracy theories and tell me how wrong I am...blah, blah, blah

Oh, please. Have you not admitted  you don't like BB as someone part of the media? You just did it above again, which proves your agenda is about bashing BB the GM in any way you can. It's also why you hilariously overrated the Jets drafts or players.

Have you shared with us your take on the Jets just taking the immature and dumb Geno Smith to replace Sanchez?  Of course you haven't.   And, we know why.

The reason why you picked Thomas/McDonald over Cannon was because Cannon was a draft pick and that way you could have some leverage to bash BB's great recent drafts. Thomas and McDonald are UDFAs.

You think I don't know what your agenda is, but it's very obvious. Obvious to everyone here.

Cannon was never on any bubble last year or this year.  They lost Thomas this offseason, so he's not on a bubble this year. He can play both Guard and Tackle, which is something Thomas could not do, and they were trialing out McDonald at Tackle behind Cannon.

All those guys made the team. The "bubble" guy last year was Dan Koppen, someone had an inconsistent camp and was the most expensive of the bunch.

Glad I could help.

I did say "if Waters was in camp I thought Cannon was the odd man out".

I did pass my opinions a long on the Jets draft. I believe I stated that they secured the best CB in the draft, the best DT in the draft and the most talented QB in the draft. I think they also picked up 2 future starters on the o-line, and traded a draft choice for their starting RB. While this is a reflection on the current talent on the Jets roster, I thought Idzek did a good job.

I was also very clear regarding the Pats draft. I like the players chosen...I simply wish they had kept #29 or if they did make a move, they should have targeted a player and moved up. I would have prefered a player in that 20-29 range rather than Ryan, Boyce and Blount.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

don't say that too loud if you want him with the Pats Cables! if they hear it this is probably what Kraft and Bellichick will offer to pay him!

Another sterling contribution from the resident Giants troll.  It's not like you haven't posted this 1 million times before.  And you wonder why most of the board thinks you are a useless troll.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

BB is a great HC

Oh, please. Have you not admitted  you don't like BB as someone part of the media? You just did it above again, which proves your agenda is about bashing BB the GM in any way you can. It's also why you hilariously overrated the Jets drafts or players.

Have you shared with us your take on the Jets just taking the immature and dumb Geno Smith to replace Sanchez?  Of course you haven't.   And, we know why.

The reason why you picked Thomas/McDonald over Cannon was because Cannon was a draft pick and that way you could have some leverage to bash BB's great recent drafts. Thomas and McDonald are UDFAs.

You think I don't know what your agenda is, but it's very obvious. Obvious to everyone here.

Cannon was never on any bubble last year or this year.  They lost Thomas this offseason, so he's not on a bubble this year. He can play both Guard and Tackle, which is something Thomas could not do, and they were trialing out McDonald at Tackle behind Cannon.

All those guys made the team. The "bubble" guy last year was Dan Koppen, someone had an inconsistent camp and was the most expensive of the bunch.

Glad I could help.

I did say "if Waters was in camp I thought Cannon was the odd man out".

I did pass my opinions a long on the Jets draft. I believe I stated that they secured the best CB in the draft, the best DT in the draft and the most talented QB in the draft. I think they also picked up 2 future starters on the o-line, and traded a draft choice for their starting RB. While this is a reflection on the current talent on the Jets roster, I thought Idzek did a good job.

I was also very clear regarding the Pats draft. I like the players chosen...I simply wish they had kept #29 or if they did make a move, they should have targeted a player and moved up. I would have prefered a player in that 20-29 range rather than Ryan, Boyce and Blount.

Did you just say Richardson is better than Lotulelei? LOL!

This is what I mean right here, folks.  A Jets reach in Rd 1 for a one dimensional DT is somehow a better player or pick than Carolina taking Lotulelei.

Also, the 1st rd was weak, so it's not a given that Milliner is "the best CB in the draft" especially with the explosive DJ Hayden sitting there. Milliner is not clearly superior to Hayden at all.

At all.

So, you're wrong in saying "the best".

Rusty, I offered my opinion, same as you did. After they put the pads on, we can all re evaluate what we said or thought.

Do you have to follow me around on every thread and argue an opinion? Did I ever say it was fact? Did I ever say "Cannon was going to be released?"...I simply offered an opinion based on what I saw..isnt that what this board is for for all of us except you? Why do you take it as a personal affront if some one has an opinion that may differ from yours? Why does it have to be a conspriracy? Look at this board...every thread hear you have a comment, hijack the board and have an arguement with every other poster...how do you keep track of all your arguements?

I get it, your teed off that you lost our bet...but let it go man...let it go.