Absolute Genius

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Re: Absolute Genius

Brady's greatness is debatable(not by me personally but you know haha). I don't think BB's is at all that pretty much says it all G.O.A.T. It'll be a sad day when this all comes to an end a very very sad day

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

BB should be a lock. With the injuries and offensive rebuild he goes 12-4. Probably would have gone 14-2 or better if we don't lose VW and Mayo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The writer probably owed Rkarp money so they bartered to make Rusty look stupid.

ESPN hates Belichick.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

If anyone recalls Ashley was the writer who was critical of BB during the Hern situation, and Russell blasted her for knowing anything about the situation, having an anti BB and anti pats agenda and threatened to contact her bosses at ESPN..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" it blocks their analysis of what he does as the brilliant GM and coach he is"

I think it's less bias and more that he is taken for granted year after year for the brilliant coaching work. That will get rectified by Hall of Fame eventually, so it will work out. 

But as I said, this article is an example that while he may not win coach of the year, his coaching job will not go without discussion or consideration. 

The reason he won't get any discussion for GM of the year is because he quite simply is not. It's not bias, just reality. Between Amendola (currently looking like a bad contract), Welker doing so well in Denver, Hernandez and Gronk there's just no way he would get any consideration for GM of the year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

BB should be a lock. With the injuries and offensive rebuild he goes 12-4. Probably would have gone 14-2 or better if we don't lose VW and Mayo.

I would put Chip Kelly ahead of him. That team was a disaster after 4 weeks and their QB situation was in disarray. They didn't have a top 3 in NFL history QB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Even though BB has done an immmense job with this team with all its personnel and injury challenges, the Pats do not surprise anyone, anymore, that they contend every year.  What happened in KC and Carolina turned heads.  BB is simply doing what he does all the time and there are no surprises.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Bill and Tom should take home their respective awards ... but they won't. It was an ugly season and people yawn at the consistence excellence of the two of them. 

At any rate, I don't have any major problems with Chip Kelly winning either. He did do a lot for his team. I've heard a few people mention Pete Carroll. No. Reid also did a good job ... but in my opinion it is BB or his buddy CK for CotY.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Take out the bag jobs (jets/Carolina) and they are 14-2.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I think you spell that PfhatVirginia

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Even though BB has done an immmense job with this team with all its personnel and injury challenges, the Pats do not surprise anyone, anymore, that they contend every year.  What happened in KC and Carolina turned heads.  BB is simply doing what he does all the time and there are no surprises.

The problem is there is one or two of these miracles every year. They run out of steam after a couple of years.  There is no appreciation for the utter consistency and coaching excellence that bb has attained

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Bill and Tom should take home their respective awards ... but they won't. It was an ugly season and people yawn at the consistence excellence of the two of them. 

At any rate, I don't have any major problems with Chip Kelly winning either. He did do a lot for his team. I've heard a few people mention Pete Carroll. No. Reid also did a good job ... but in my opinion it is BB or his buddy CK for CotY.

right...  and by definition it is really a fluff award, like MVP or other awards that are voted on by non objective people.

Mvp in baseball is the worst since they include pitchers who have their own award (cy young)...   totally stupid and really Belichick could not care less.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The writer probably owed Rkarp money so they bartered to make Rusty look stupid.

ESPN hates Belichick.

YOU always look stupid, especially when you TRY to comment about football...stick to hockey...your BRUNES need you...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to billge's comment:

NO...he spells it B-U-S-T-C-H-I-S-E, or NY JETS TROLL...that's the Jersey way of spelling it...they all add up to moron.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

Very Rustyesque.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

In response to melswitts' comment:

NO...he spells it B-U-S-T-C-H-I-S-E, or NY JETS TROLL...that's the Jersey way of spelling it...they all add up to moron.

nope, ur last one proves ur the moron.  M-O-R-O-N...moron......lol.

Wow...you usually change into Meadowland Mike to be an insulting clod...upset bro..U MAD?...
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

PROVE IT...LMFAO!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

nope, ur last one proves ur the moron.  M-O-R-O-N...moron......lol.

Wow...you usually change into Meadowland Mike to be an insulting clod...upset bro..U MAD?...
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

PROVE IT...LMFAO!

lol..ur so paranoid....smokin too much cannabis?

Not as much as you boogie boy...PROVE IT!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

Not as much as you boogie boy...PROVE IT!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

waah....waahh...ur just upset cuz YOU can't prove it.  That's my proof.  sure is a helluva lot better than urs...lmao

PROVE IT...LMFAO @ U

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Very Rustyesque.

Nope.  Am I wrong?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Very Rustyesque.

Nope.  Am I wrong?

Possibly, had the correct calls been made (or not made in the case of the Jets game) they wouldn't necessarily have won either of them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to provpats' comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

The problem is there is one or two of these miracles every year. They run out of steam after a couple of years.  There is no appreciation for the utter consistency and coaching excellence that bb has attained

Right and I agree...but this is a yearly award, not a lifetime achievement award. 

It comes down to a turn round job like CK and AR did in Philly and KC to an overcoming adversity job that bb has done in NE. Both speak to coaching, but the adversity element also speaks to good GM'ing. Building the roster to accommodate big loses, and in this area, bb is king. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

BB isnt gonna win it because its expected at this point. It should go to a new coach who has turned a team around.. ..honestly A.Reid stunk the last few years in Philly and was awarded a roster with lots of talent and a strong defense and all that was missing was a game managing QB.

My vote would be for Ron Rivera

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

There's no doubt that Belichick deserves consideration, but he doesn't deserve consideration because of something he did 13 years ago, should he?  I am more than willing to suggest that Belichick is the best coaching mind in football.  I am more than willing to say that Belichick should be considered for and is deserved of coach of the year, but not because he drafted Tom Brady.

Unfortunately for Belichick, Tom Brady, in my opinion is a reason for not getting coach of the year.  Brady, at times, takes belichick of the hook - and vice versa.  I'll take this further - I am not suggesting Chuck Pagano for coach of the year, but Indy's issue is not dissimilar with less talent. 

Its true that the pats lost lots of skill talent this year - some of it was by choice - Welker, Lloyd, BJGE - etc.  But the talent lost may have been some of the best talent in the league.  By contrast - and with less of a QB than Brady - the colts lost their 1st and 2nd string RB, their #1 TE, their #1 receiver, their #2 receiver (by free agency), the people brought in by the team (not the coach) to replace that talent, didn't.  And I could go on. 

So that said, the colts went 11-5 without one of the two best QB's in the last decade and what is essentially a rookie HC given his issue last year and a new OC with an entirely new offensive system.  This doesn't consider defensive injuries which I know both the pats and colts have had as well. 

Finally - the ESPN article was written by someone that someone here said doesn't have an independent thought.  I am not saying that I subscribe to that but someone here does, and frankly the idea that a coach deserves Coach of the year this year for something he did 13 years ago is a stretch.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts