acceleration by TEBOW on TD run

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

acceleration by TEBOW on TD run

Was anyone else amazed at the speed he showed to escape the blitz on that winning touchdown run...?

his other runs seemed more straight ahead powerful tackle breaking variety ... Awesome how he ran right through ReVis...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Re: acceleration by TEBOW on TD run

That's what he looked like throughout his college career. The Broncos have made some pretty bold decisions with regard to their offensive philosiphy and it looks like it has paid off. They're using the talents that Tebow has and I'd say they have already exceeded my expectations for wins this year. Good for them

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

It is a matter of time before D coordinators start game planning for this and forcing tebow to win with his arm..... which I suspect will result in disaster for Denver.

But they can enjoy it while they can

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

This was my first full game watching him.  I think Fox is the perfect coach for this guy.  Run run run throw a bomb... Throw a screen.  Bootleg, QB draw.  I think there is enough variety there (and talent and SPEED) to scare a defense .

There is more than one way to move a football and this style is refreshing .  I also think his throwing will improve over time as he keeps working on his footwork etc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: acceleration by TEBOW on TD run:
    [QUOTE]This was my first full game watching him.  Posted by coolade2[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Seemed like the only time the broncos offense was working was their first and last drives of the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The Broncos have scored only 17 points the last 2 weeks but the defense has allowed them to win despite terrible offense.  

Tebowmania is hilarious.  He is still a terrible QB, 1 run doesn't change that. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Say what you will ...

The fact is that the QB/coach combination MANAGED THE GAME and performed well enough and brilliant enough on the last drive to WIN THE GAME ...
    Tebow haters fixate on QB stats and ignore the other phases of the game.

He's 4-1.  You are what  your record says you are.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

The chances of him winning a superbowl running the triple option in the NFL are .1%, i'd say 0 but that would be presumptuous to assume literally no chance.  Very pleased he beat the Jets, seems like a tremendous young man, but that has nothing to do with the fact that he's not an NFL caliber passer.  You cannot win season after season with a qb who can't pass the ball, and I don't mean "can't pass" in the 04 Mike Vick sense.  I mean simply not NFL quality he can't pass, simple square ins and flanker screens nearly end in disaster.  Maybe he will grow into a passer, I have nothing against him-that's what frustrates me about the Tebow worshippers.  I can objectively question his legitimacy as an NFL qb without despising the guy, good for him for having a 4-1 record.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

Tebow has had some beginner's luck.  Great players are consistently great.  Don't hold your breath for Denver's run to continue.  The Denver D deserves bigger kudos.
    And just to get it off my chest . . . Tebow thanking his god after a big win I find to be disrespectful to other, less fortunate players and to religion in general.   Please.  Divine intervention for a football game?!  Really?  That's sad.  Tone it down a notch, dude.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

The "75" percent of the Broncos fans that hated him and McDaniels, now think he are coming out of the woodwork, thinking he is the 2nd coming of Elway

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Winning a championship...?  The guy is in his second year ...you so-called experts are more irrational.

I'm not a worshipper.  I watched one game.

First you win a game ... Then get in the playoffs ... After that you're able to use strategy and your talent to get as far as you can go on any given Sunday .

Response to Re: acceleration by TEBOW on TD run:
    [QUOTE]The chances of him winning a superbowl running the triple option in the NFL are .1%, i'd say 0 but that would be presumptuous to assume literally no chance.  Very pleased he beat the Jets, seems like a tremendous young man, but that has nothing to do with the fact that he's not an NFL caliber passer.  You cannot win season after season with a qb who can't pass the ball, and I don't mean "can't pass" in the 04 Mike Vick sense.  I mean simply not NFL quality he can't pass, simple square ins and flanker screens nearly end in disaster.  Maybe he will grow into a passer, I have nothing against him-that's what frustrates me about the Tebow worshippers.  I can objectively question his legitimacy as an NFL qb without despising the guy, good for him for having a 4-1 record.
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]Winning a championship...?  The guy is in his second year ...you so-called experts are more irrational. I'm not a worshipper.  I watched one game. First you win a game ... Then get in the playoffs ... After that you're able to use strategy and your talent to get as far as you can go on any given Sunday .  Response to Re: acceleration by TEBOW on TD run :
    Posted by coolade2[/QUOTE]
    At no point will Tim Tebow "quarterback" a team to a championship.  You can bank on it, unless he somehow hitches a ride on the greatest defense of all time.  I'm not an expert, does it take an expert to see that he can't complete at least half the routes on a NFL route tree?  Unless you can throw the ball well, you will rarely beat the teams that do throw the ball well.  This is how the league works now a days, people can yearn for ground and pound but chunk passing wins.  4-1 is a gaudy start, but wasn't McDaniels something like 6-2 in 2009? But I wish him the best of luck, you are right that "on any given sunday" just about any team can win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to acceleration by TEBOW on TD run:
    [QUOTE]Was anyone else amazed at the speed he showed to escape the blitz on that winning touchdown run...? his other runs seemed more straight ahead powerful tackle breaking variety ... Awesome how he ran right through ReVis...

He outran #33 Eric Smith after he sized-up the blitz and made the Jets pay for blowing containment. Smart and gutsy call. I personally didn't see great acceleration (like Michael Vick) but he WAS going to the house and no one was going to stop him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

"Good for him " for having 4-1 record ...

Do you know  how hard it is to achieve that record?

Ask cam Newton , Sam Bradford , Carson Palmer , and mike Vick about that... All #1 overall picks with LOSER records that would KILL FOR that winning record.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Glad you mentioned Vick
    since I did think that he was the only other player to pull off that move .

Response to Re: acceleration by TEBOW on TD run:
    [QUOTE]In Response to acceleration by TEBOW on TD run : He outran #33 Eric Smith after he sized-up the blitz and made the Jets pay for blowing containment. Smart and gutsy call. I personally didn't see great acceleration (like Michael Vick) but he WAS going to the house and no one was going to stop him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_mhyYql7ZA&feature=related
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]"Good for him " for having 4-1 record ... Do you know  how hard it is to achieve that record? Ask cam Newton , Sam Bradford , Carson Palmer , and mike Vick about that... All #1 overall picks with LOSER records that would KILL FOR that winning record.
    This is what I mean about the Tebow people, I am genuinely happy for him to be 4-1, that's nice...But that doesn't mean I need to start a thread puffing him up after beating teams like the Jets and Phins. For the third time, I wish him the best of luck.  I just don't get why so many people try to will him to greatness.  Mark Sanchez got the the AFC title game as a rookie, that's far harder than 4-1.  Didn't see anyone praising him here, and for good reason.  He's not that good a player either.  So why all this Tebow talk?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: acceleration by TEBOW on TD run : This is what I mean about the Tebow people, I am genuinely happy for him to be 4-1, that's nice...But that doesn't mean I need to start a thread puffing him up after beating teams like the Jets and Phins. For the third time, I wish him the best of luck.  I just don't get why so many people try to will him to greatness.  Mark Sanchez got the the AFC title game as a rookie, that's far harder than 4-1.  Didn't see anyone praising him here, and for good reason.  He's not that good a player either.  So why all this Tebow talk?
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

Tebow's a bit of an underdog- most experts never thought he could do anything at the NFL level. Sanchez had higher expectations as a high first rounder. There's just something enjoyable about watching an underdog prove the experts wrong. I don't think anyone is saying (maybe a very few) that he is winning the SB anytime soon, just that he's doing what he needs to do to win. Given the state of the Broncos I dont think many QBs could come in and make them winners. I'm surprised at what he's done, even impressed at times but still kind of wondering if this can keep going, or he can become a passer when he needs to. I think that's the feeling of most people.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Tim Tebow has a better chance of a Super Bowl victory than do Dan Marino, Jim Kelly and Fran Tarkenton put together.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

[QUOTE]It is a matter of time before D coordinators start game planning for this and forcing tebow to win with his arm..... which I suspect will result in disaster for Denver. But they can enjoy it while they can
    Posted by Runer[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain that Elway and Fox realize this.  They know that Tebow is not the answer.  Did you see Elway's face when Tebow scored the game winner to beat the Jets.  Not exactly overjoyed.  He is not Elway's guy but the fans want him and there is not a better option right now, so why not?

Tebow will most likely not be the starter next year.  Still the kid can play football at this level... Maybe not at the QB position.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Passing a football is a skill that can improve over time .  What's equally important for an NFL QB are game management skills and leadership .  It's a team game and getting 11 guys to give 110% is what can be the difference in a game .

I honestly think the passionate tebow debate is about this fact...

Running QBs are the most exciting players to watch .  Vick, Cunningham , flutie, Steve young, even Grogan back in his day.

A QB that runs is a wild card.  You can't plan for and you can't really count on it.  BUT it will win you games ... How many ... ?  YOU CAN'T PREDICT IT.

I think this bothers a certain (not insignificant ) portion of our society ... People who prefer and feel more comfortable with the "conventional approach " .

Having him play for a struggling 1-4 team is a no-brainer.  He has the opportunity to improve, he's winning , and it's fun to watch ... What's not to like ?

Oh that's right... All the "experts " look stupid.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]Passing a football is a skill that can improve over time .  What's equally important for an NFL QB are game management skills and leadership .  It's a team game and getting 11 guys to give 110% is what can be the difference in a game . I honestly think the passionate tebow debate is about this fact...   Running QBs are the most exciting players to watch .  Vick, Cunningham , flutie, Steve young, even Grogan back in his day. A QB that runs is a wild card.  You can't plan for and you can't really count on it.  BUT it will win you games ... How many ... ?  YOU CAN'T PREDICT IT. I think this bothers a certain (not insignificant ) portion of our society ... People who prefer and feel more comfortable with the "conventional approach " . Having him play for a struggling 1-4 team is a no-brainer.  He has the opportunity to improve, he's winning , and it's fun to watch ... What's not to like ? Oh that's right... All the "experts " look stupid.

Gotta love the game played with a ball that bounces awkwardly. Tebow has added a great deal to the NFL season. Controversy, faith, come-from-behind wins and more. Play on Tim Tebow, play on! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

Has he ever lost yards on a run?  Some of the cuts he made on the last drive are up there with the best in the league...did you see his face after he scored that touchdown, basically running the option on every play?  He looked like a ghost, his lips were blue...the guy looked like he was almost dead, he literally gave it everything he had.

If it didn't take that much out of him, the Broncos would run him every time.  They need to conserve that craziness for the 4th quarter, usually the remaining minutes.

He is unusually jacked for a running quarterback, he legitimately is built like an RB.  He throws like a submarine pitcher...but sometimes, he'll make a pass out of nowhere.  If he drops back, he can easily scramble if someone isn't wide open.

He is short enough that the D line can't see him over the O line until he's already gaining yards with the option.

But the real question is, have you ever seen a QB stiff-arm at full speed like him?  Nobody wants to tackle that guy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

Oh, and after the game the Broncos held hands, knelt and prayed in a circle...and there was a JETS player in the circle, holding hands with them. 

At least he'll get the sportsmanship award!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Tebow didn't win that game - the Denver DEFENSE did

In fact, the Denver defense scored 7/17 of their points.  Tebow only scored 10.  That won't cut it against team not named the Jets

Neither will 45%

Teams don't take him seriously.  When they do, he'll last as long as the Wildcat did, which I'd say will be around a year from now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

actually, Tebow should be creditted with 13 points since the coach incorrectly opted not to kick a field goal in the first quarter on 4th and1.

Realistically  .... Tebow right now reads more as a back-up QB but his skill set can and should improve.

BTW , back-up QBs have won the super bowl ... Earl Morral with the Baltimore colts.