Accept the facts - Breaks can go against your team!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Accept the facts - Breaks can go against your team!

Somehow, when you examine this game, I notice how many times the bounce of the ball worked out in the 49'ers favor so often in this game.  In many games, folks speak about that one play or two which can turn a game around for a team.  Looking at the play by play and stats for this game, I was amazed at how many things happened to benefit the 49'ers and all in one game!!  What are the odds?

3 TDs were scored using only 5 offensive plays

4 TDs were of the 20+ yard variety - 24, 27, 34 and 38 yards

A fumble recovery was somehow "run back" 66 yards!

Recovered their own fumble for a TD

After the Pats tie the game, with momentum clearly in the Pats' favor, the 49'ers return the ensuing kick-off 62 yards, off which it took only one play, the 38 yards TD pass, for them to score to reclaim the lead permanently!

Kapernick fumbled the ball FOUR times, not losing one of them. Overall, SIX times for the 49'ers and only one lost fumble!

In summary, it appears it was meant to be for the 49'ers to win no matter how much the Pats did in this game. Granted, the Pats didn't help themselves in this game either.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Accept the facts - Breaks can go against your team!

I've always felt that good teams make their own "breaks."

I think what bothers me the most about this game (apart from being interrupted by the pontificator-in-chief during one of the few times I've been able to see the Pats this season) is that New England simply didn't look prepared for what they found in their house.

I can't help but wonder if cakewalking by another supposed contender the previous week may have set sugarplums dancing in the Pats' collective head.

Or maybe the Niners are just one of those "match-up" problems we hear so much about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

I can't help but wonder if cakewalking by another supposed contender the previous week may have set sugarplums dancing in the Pats' collective head.

It sure did in my head

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

p-mike.. you make a good point.  Given the run-up to the Texans game in which most had them as the best team in the NFL, the Pats put them away fairly easily.  In the 49'ers game, the Pats just may have had that little thought in the back of their heads they could do it again against another quality team in their house.  The difference, the 49'ers came in thinking they did not want to be another "Texans" team, a highly touted team that got blown out by the Pats.  They may have come into this game sky high and I can see the 49'ers in a big let down against the Seahawks.  We shall see, won't we?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

p-mike.. you make a good point.  Given the run-up to the Texans game in which most had them as the best team in the NFL, the Pats put them away fairly easily.  In the 49'ers game, the Pats just may have had that little thought in the back of their heads they could do it again against another quality team in their house.  The difference, the 49'ers came in thinking they did not want to be another "Texans" team, a highly touted team that got blown out by the Pats.  They may have come into this game sky high and I can see the 49'ers in a big let down against the Seahawks.  We shall see, won't we?

Oh yeah great, like fans like you have any idea what players are thinking or feeling and blah blah blah.

See how that doesn't work bill? We are all just stating our opinions here. Deal with it buddy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

yeah especially when the head ref shows up drunk. doesn't call the niners for mugging Branch in the endzone, and gives the ball to the niners when it grazed Ginn's shin.and nobody called the head shot hernadez took.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Somehow, when you examine this game, I notice how many times the bounce of the ball worked out in the 49'ers favor so often in this game.  In many games, folks speak about that one play or two which can turn a game around for a team.  Looking at the play by play and stats for this game, I was amazed at how many things happened to benefit the 49'ers and all in one game!!  What are the odds?

After the Pats tie the game, with momentum clearly in the Pats' favor, the 49'ers return the ensuing kick-off 62 yards, off which it took only one play, the 38 yards TD pass, for them to score to reclaim the lead permanently!

Kapernick fumbled the ball FOUR times, not losing one of them. Overall, SIX times for the 49'ers and only one lost fumble!

In summary, it appears it was meant to be for the 49'ers to win no matter how much the Pats did in this game. Granted, the Pats didn't help themselves in this game either.

Seems like all of the Bad Breaks had one thing in common, Bad Tackling to go with them.  All of a sudden the Pats D looked like the same Pats D in the first half of the season.  They will turn it around this week and next week and be ready come Playoff time, but Damn they should have played better than they did at home again SF.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Interesting take on it...  especially the botched snaps.  That is just basic bad football that turned turned out roses for SF.  combined with favorable calls by refs... Nauseating to lose like that  but... Non conference game, got some tape on them, overall a character building loss in many ways... IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Interesting take on it...  especially the botched snaps.  That is just basic bad football that turned turned out roses for SF.  combined with favorable calls by refs... Nauseating to lose like that  but... Non conference game, got some tape on them, overall a character building loss in many ways... IMO.

I actually thought the reffing favored the pats.  Especially in the second half.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

I actually thought the reffing favored the pats.  Especially in the second half.

Why can't some people...actually one person...accept the fact that the rivalry is over. Hey Brony, Peyton no longer plays for your team! Go pretend to be a Broncos fan on a Broncos forum since you love Peyton so much. Go bother Texan fans on their forums. They have clearly become the new Kings of the AFC south. Why are you still here? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

Take this counterpoint to thread titled " horrendous officiating" where I break it down .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Fumbles can be prevented, INT's can be prevented...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think the loss was a combination of p-mike's aforementioned sugarplums (hangover from big win), assorted bad breaks (Kaepernick recovering every fumble), lack of focus or intensity at times (fumbles, poor special teams play, letting Moss get behind you in coverage), and just plain getting outplayed by a very good opponent.  The 49-ers players get paid to make plays too, and despite the overall sloppiness of the game and terrible conditions (no excuse since both teams had to play in that awful weather), the Niners proved to be a very good opponent who happen to have a front 4 that gave the Pats' OL fits, especially at critical times. 

As close as the game turned out to be, the Niners deserved to win.  And we Pats fans can take some solace in the fact that the team didn't fold like a tent in a windstorm in mounting a comeback.  If through some good fortune these two teams somehow meet on a neutral superbowl field, I see no reason that the Pats couldn't take the game.  

Oh yeah, this season has taught me that this particular Pats team can beat anyone, but being the NFL, anyone can take them down if they don't execute in all phases of the game.  They are not a dominant team, but they happen to have an opportunistic D and a superb O, led by a QB that is motivated to put last week into the rearview mirror. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

The offense had their worst 35 minutes of the season, or at least since game two against Arizona. 4 turnovers, caused in part by playing against a very good 49ers team and in part by bad weather, if just one or two plays had different outcomes (i.e. Vereens fumble goes out of bounds or the screen to Hernandez falls to the ground instead of directly to the defender) in that 35 minutes, it might have been a different final score. Hopefully it reinforces to them that they can't turn the ball over, regardless of the weather conditions, especially against a good team. Not nearly as bad a loss as some are trying to make it out to be,would love to see the Pats meet the Niners again in the national title game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Fumbles can be prevented, INT's can be prevented...

There's the truth.  Right there.

Ridley should've stayed on the bench.  Woodhead was good enough to win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

In response to p-mike's comment:

It sure did in my head

Mighty, you are the most optimistic person here EVERY game LOL.  Is there any game where you DON'T have sugarplums dancing in your head?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

The Pats have won more games in the past 12 years than any team ever has.  So if ever there were a time for fans to be optimistic, it's now.

Sections
Shortcuts