According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.

Now both young TEs locked up long term: Patriots reached agreement with TE Aaron Hernandez on long-term contract extension, per NFL source.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.

This is great news!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We'll have the highest paid tightend and highest paid fullback in the league... good news if you're a fan of blocking and catching.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

So much for the theory the Pats don't take care of their own.

This is unbelievable news. The best TE tandem in the league will remain Patriots for the foreseeable future!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

wow! i thought for sure it was pick one or the other! so happy they will be together helping each other get open/single coverage!  next welker?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudbugger. Show mudbugger's posts

Now if the Patriots can find some gems through the waiver wire and strengthen the offensive line to protect Brady, so he can deliver the ball the Hernandez and Gronk.

Great signing though, very glad to see it got done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.:
    [QUOTE]So much for the theory the Pats don't take care of their own. This is unbelievable news. The best TE tandem in the league will remain Patriots for the foreseeable future!
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

This wouldn't have happened if the Pats had listened to the screaming idiots in the media, who were whining for the Pats to give Wes Welker a lucrative long term deal. Though I may complain on occasion about BB's drafting decisions, when it comes to managing the salary cap, the man has no peers. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm surprised by this...how many years did Hernandez have left on his current contract? I imagine it's a team friendly deal, which is good for both sides because Hernadez was going to have to play on his rookie contract. I do worry about injuries with Hernandez - especially when it looked like Brady was targeting on virtually every throw this pre season, but I'm glad they locked him up. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Thought this was a good idea a couple of weeks ago. They sign Hern to a good contract for a TE right now and convert him to a WR next year after Welker walks. Very smart move by the Pats

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.:
    [QUOTE]I'm surprised by this...how many years did Hernandez have left on his current contract? I imagine it's a team friendly deal, which is good for both sides because Hernadez was going to have to play on his rookie contract. I do worry about injuries with Hernandez - especially when it looked like Brady was targeting on virtually every throw this pre season, but I'm glad they locked him up. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

mthurl, realize that in 14' (when Hern's contract runs up) the cap is going to jump up by $25mil. Also realize there is a good shot Hern is Welkers replacement as the #1/2 WR after this year. Given the explosions of contracts in 14' and the price a #1/2 WR will cost after this year signing Hern to a deal that most likely is lower then Gronks would be a bargain then trying to wait out his contract.

I've been saying for years and have been killed by both people who won't be mentioned that it's better to pay todays prices then tomorrows and to re-up young core players before their contracts are up and not deal with the tag nonsense. I feel vindicated with BB's latest actions

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

[QUOTE]You can never say anything is certain when discussing the Pat's but this news may be the door slamming on Welker being in NE after this year.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]
    I think you may be right. Between not practicing last week, not playing in the "dress-rehearsal" game, and the fact that Hernandez is as versitile as he is... I think Welker is done. I wouldn't be surprised to find out the Pats were searching for a trade partner before the deadline.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

YESSSSSSSA!! Great news to start a Monday!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From ESPNBoston:

The New England Patriots have locked up both their young tight ends to long-term extensions after reaching agreement with Aaron Hernandez on a deal through 2018, sources said Monday.

The contract is expected to be signed in the next 24 hours. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Good way to wake up!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to "Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension. : mthurl, realize that in 14' (when Hern's contract runs up) the cap is going to jump up by $25mil. Also realize there is a good shot Hern is Welkers replacement as the #1/2 WR after this year. Given the explosions of contracts in 14' and the price a #1/2 WR will cost after this year signing Hern to a deal that most likely is lower then Gronks would be a bargain then trying to wait out his contract. I've been saying for years and have been killed by both people who won't be mentioned that it's better to pay todays prices then tomorrows and to re-up young core players before their contracts are up and not deal with the tag nonsense. I feel vindicated with BB's latest actions Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE] Yeah , I agree as long as you don't have guys trying to renegotiate when they start to see salaries escalate (see MJD). I really hope this isn't a situation where they're going to trade Welker and Herm is going to take that role right now, because by the looks of our line we need all the short yardage/run after the catch guys we can get.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Hern dropped a pass in the SB, but Hern didn't drop THE PASS in the SB. 

A lesson for all WRs, don't drop the game winning catch in the SB. 

Now, lock up Spikes and hope Chung isn't too nicked up. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]Good way to wake up!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

you bet! - going to be a good week.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I am psyched!! 5 years $40 mil!!  I did find this information interesting:

The $12.5 million signing bonus is the highest ever for a tight end, and $9.5 million will be paid in the next seven months.

Hernandez's deal averages more the first four years than Gronkowski's contract, and has more in true guaranteed money. Gronkowski was guaranteed $12 million, and another $5 million if he was on the roster in 2015.

I think this shows how much the Patriots value AH! And this excerp says alot about the man AH has become:

Hernandez had it written into the contract that he will be making a $50,000 donation to the Myra Kraft Foundation to thank owner Robert Kraft for the faith he showed in him by drafting him, and to pay respect for renegotiating the contract with two years left on the deal.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2012/08/hernandez_locke.html

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Great news! I was actually getting a little worried about whether or not they were going to use the tag on him. The Patriots have some serious talent locked up long term on both sides of the ball now!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]I am psyched!! 5 years $40 mil!!  I did find this information interesting: The $12.5 million signing bonus is the highest ever for a tight end, and $9.5 million will be paid in the next seven months. Hernandez's deal averages more the first four years than Gronkowski's contract , and has more in true guaranteed money. Gronkowski was guaranteed $12 million, and another $5 million if he was on the roster in 2015. I think this shows how much the Patriots value AH! And this excerp says alot about the man AH has become: Hernandez had it written into the contract that he will be making a $50,000 donation to the Myra Kraft Foundation to thank owner Robert Kraft for the faith he showed in him by drafting him, and to pay respect for renegotiating the contract with two years left on the deal. http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2012/08/hernandez_locke.html
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

Class act!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Awesome!  Congrats to Hernandez and us Patriots fans!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

TFB12, you are the man