According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.

In Response to Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.:
    In Response to Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension. : Some times the comments really confuse the he11 out of me.......His stats show ONE, did we hear that ONE fumble in his two years as a pro, and more that one poster just expressed concern for his ball security. And that was in 132 touches...
    Posted by part-timer

But that doesn't include preseason and training camp. I swear I have seen him fumble a few times throughout preseasons and have read about it in training camp. I am very surprised to see that he only has one fumble on the stat sheet, but since others seem to worry about his ball security I'm going to diagnose myself as sane. Also, are those stats fumbles lost or fumbles in general?

He is a great player and I'm very excited about the new deal, but I think that is one area he can work on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.:
    In response to "Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.": It's not the highest ever per year. Gonzalez and Winslow have made more, maybe some others. Gronk also.
    Posted by shenanigan

Winslow was 6 years $36mil so well below the average per year of Hern and I don't remember Gonzalez making more then $8mil per year but you are right about Gronk. For some reason I thought it was 7 years at $53mil but it was 6years at $53mil which puts it over the $8mil a year mark. Even still this is easily one of the top 3 TE contracts of all time (per year average) for the #2 TE on the team. That's a ton unless he and Gronk are essentially on the field at the same time for the vast majority of snaps or that Hern gets converted to a WR spot 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension. : But that doesn't include preseason and training camp. I swear I have seen him fumble a few times throughout preseasons and have read about it in training camp. I am very surprised to see that he only has one fumble on the stat sheet, but since others seem to worry about his ball security I'm going to diagnose myself as sane. Also, are those stats fumbles lost or fumbles in general? He is a great player and I'm very excited about the new deal, but I think that is one area he can work on.
    Posted by magicalhobo

ONE total...One lost... That's it....132 touch's...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Did someone mention that Hernandez got the largest contract ever for a tight end? So Hernandez is getting more than Gronk? That can't be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Great news, I thought that it was going to be unlikely that they could keep both of the tight ends. IMO Hernandez is going to have a monster year, this was a smart time to sign him. Excellent move!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension. : Enough of the underpay whining.
    Posted by Evil2013

Well, Wes is making well over half a million dollars per game.  Brady leads Wes well, so he doesn't get overly damaged running into a linebacker and he has time to get down on the ground after getting the first down.  He and his new wife will be crying in their champagne, watering the stuff down a bit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In response to "Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.":
    In Response to Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension. : ONE total...One lost... That's it....132 touch's... Posted by part-timer
    One lost but how many were recovered and not counted in those stats? That was my question. Fumbles can go either way, so if he had maybe three fumbles in that many touches I wouldn't think that is good ball security.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Now the extra cap room we had makes sense.  Particularly since this contract sounds like it's front loaded we might be eating a bigger part of the cap hit now so there will be more flexibility when the cap goes up.  I have to admit I am pleasantly surprised.  I sort of assumed that after Gronk's extension we were going to lose Hernandez.  I definitely won't be surprised to see Wes go afer this season, but locking up both Gronk and Hernandez seems worth it to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Awesome, Aaron and Gronk on the field is a nightmare for defenses. His versatility is unquestioned. I am happy about this for sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.:
    Adam Schefter ‏ @ AdamSchefter Now both young TEs locked up long term: Patriots reached agreement with TE Aaron Hernandez on long-term contract extension, per NFL source. http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter    
    Posted by GadisRKO

very smart. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to "Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.": One lost but how many were recovered and not counted in those stats? That was my question. Fumbles can go either way, so if he had maybe three fumbles in that many touches I wouldn't think that is good ball security.
    Posted by magicalhobo

ZERO! All fumbles are recorded, no matter who recovers...so  ONE

MADE 
    AND one lost  iS THAT EASIER TO UNDERSTAND!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to "Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.": One lost but how many were recovered and not counted in those stats? That was my question. Fumbles can go either way, so if he had maybe three fumbles in that many touches I wouldn't think that is good ball security.
    Posted by magicalhobo

Good point about how many fumbles were recovered by Pats, I would like to know that stat.  Like in the Tampa Bay game, he put the ball on the field and Tampa Bay recovered it out of bounds.  I was pretty surprised a few months ago when I looked and seen only 1 fumble for him.  Like I said, I swear I have seen him put the ball on the ground several times. 

Don't get me wrong, I like AH81 and I'm glad he is a Patriot, it's just I always seem to get a tad nervous when he is running with the ball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I am psyched!! 5 years $40 mil!!  I did find this information interesting: The $12.5 million signing bonus is the highest ever for a tight end, and $9.5 million will be paid in the next seven months. Hernandez's deal averages more the first four years than Gronkowski's contract , and has more in true guaranteed money. Gronkowski was guaranteed $12 million, and another $5 million if he was on the roster in 2015. I think this shows how much the Patriots value AH! And this excerp says alot about the man AH has become: Hernandez had it written into the contract that he will be making a $50,000 donation to the Myra Kraft Foundation to thank owner Robert Kraft for the faith he showed in him by drafting him, and to pay respect for renegotiating the contract with two years left on the deal. http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2012/08/hernandez_locke.html
    Posted by Quagmire3

great post. 
    last yerars desire to extend these 2 quenched.
    now lets get a title.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Great news, I thought that it was going to be unlikely that they could keep both of the tight ends. IMO Hernandez is going to have a monster year, this was a smart time to sign him. Excellent move!
    Posted by sporter81

+1
    exactly.
    not doing so before the year would have been unintelligent

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Now if the Patriots can find some gems through the waiver wire and strengthen the offensive line to protect Brady, so he can deliver the ball the Hernandez and Gronk. Great signing though, very glad to see it got done.
    Posted by mudbugger

+1
    amd some def backfield help

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

ZERO! All fumbles are recorded, no matter who recovers...so  ONE MADE  AND one lost   iS THAT EASIER TO UNDERSTAND!
    Posted by part-timer

You must have posted this as I was typing my post.

Hmm, I didn't know that.  Strange, like I said it surprised me only seeing 1.  I'm not sure why I thought he had more. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension. : mthurl, realize that in 14' (when Hern's contract runs up) the cap is going to jump up by $25mil. Also realize there is a good shot Hern is Welkers replacement as the #1/2 WR after this year. Given the explosions of contracts in 14' and the price a #1/2 WR will cost after this year signing Hern to a deal that most likely is lower then Gronks would be a bargain then trying to wait out his contract. I've been saying for years and have been killed by both people who won't be mentioned that it's better to pay todays prices then tomorrows and to re-up young core players before their contracts are up and not deal with the tag nonsense. I feel vindicated with BB's latest actions
    Posted by PatsEng

" will cost after this year signing Hern to a deal that most likely is lower then Gronks would be a bargain then trying to wait out his contract. "

i called for this last year for gron and  hern, when many had their doubts.
    now we can rest.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Posted by tcal2-

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Did someone mention that Hernandez got the largest contract ever for a tight end? So Hernandez is getting more than Gronk? That can't be.
    Posted by mthurl

That was me, I mentioned highest per year average but I incorrectly thought Gronk had a 7 year deal not a 6 year deal so Hern is just a hair below him in per year average. But Hern still has a massive contract for a TE but it's on the lower end of #1 WR contracts if they convert him to a WR after this season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to "Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.": Yeah , I agree as long as you don't have guys trying to renegotiate when they start to see salaries escalate (see MJD). I really hope this isn't a situation where they're going to trade Welker and Herm is going to take that role right now, because by the looks of our line we need all the short yardage/run after the catch guys we can get.
    Posted by mthurl

id keep him  unless we get and even more valuable piece (player) to the THIS years team 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to "Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.":
    In Response to Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension. : Some times the comments really confuse the he11 out of me.......His stats show ONE, did we hear that ONE fumble in his two years as a pro, and more that one poster just expressed concern for his ball security. And that was in 132 touches... Posted by part-timer
    I can remember 2 enzone drops p-t. So maybe by ball security they are including drops? I don't know, anyway I love me some YAC MAN.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to "Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.": I can remember 2 enzone drops p-t. So maybe by ball security they are including drops? I don't know, anyway I love me some YAC MAN.
    Posted by tcal2-

Hopefully this link will make you appreciate how exceptional the TE's have been.AH has had a rate of ONE drop for 38 incompletion. Every thing you want to know is here:  http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/te

Give a man a fish and you feed him today, teach him to fish and you feed him for life...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Lots of great news the last couple of days.  

Gronk and Hern signed to fair contracts and locked in the next few years.

The Red Sox unload 250 Million Dollars of horrendous Contracts. Thank you LA.

It don't get any better than this!   :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

No TE has any where as low a dpi (drops per incompletion ) rate as AH, and he is 5th for completion rate among the top 11 TE's, including the Gronk. who is 3% points above him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Lots of great news the last couple of days.   Gronk and Hern signed to fair contracts and locked in the next few years. The Red Sox unload 250 Million Dollars of horrendous Contracts. Thank you LA. It don't get any better than this!   :)
    Posted by NCPatsFan1971

hell yeah!

Sections
Shortcuts