According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.

In Response to Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.:
    [QUOTE]No TE has any where as low a dpi (drops per incompletion ) rate as AH
    Posted by part-timer[/QUOTE]
    That's a fascinating stat.  How do you know this?  Amazing!  Thanks for sharing!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension. : That's a fascinating stat.  How do you know this?  Amazing!  Thanks for sharing!
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Here you are again:

Hopefully this link will make you appreciate how exceptional the TE's have been.AH has had a rate of ONE drop for 38 incompletion. Every thing you want to know is here:  http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/te

Give a man a fish and you feed him today, teach him to fish and you feed him for life...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

My hat is off to all the people that thought they were going to extend both Gronk and Hernandez this off season - I didn't think there was anyway we were going to put that much money into one position...especially when they both had years remaining on their current deals. Good call.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]My hat is off to all the people that thought they were going to extend both Gronk and Hernandez this off season - I didn't think there was anyway we were going to put that much money into one position...especially when they both had years remaining on their current deals. Good call.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

hey mthurl, i wasnt as much predicting it as calling for them to do it.
    i'm glad they exercised smarts.
    not doing so imo would have been not smart.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In response to "Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension. : ZERO! All fumbles are recorded, no matter who recovers...so  ONE MADE  AND one lost   iS THAT EASIER TO UNDERSTAND! Posted by part-timer[/QUOTE] Still not getting it. Perhaps if you made the font a little larger? I'm not the only one that swears they have seen him fumble more than once. Again, those stats don't include preseason, so we may be remembering those fumbled. Also, it is possible that some of the fumbles weren't recorded because they weren't lost. I'm on my phone and don't want to click the link you provided so I don't know what that data shows. Oh, and while you make the font larger could you throw in some pretty colors too? Black and bold is so boring...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.": Still not getting it. Perhaps if you made the font a little larger? I'm not the only one that swears they have seen him fumble more than once. Again, those stats don't include preseason, so we may be remembering those fumbled. Also, it is possible that some of the fumbles weren't recorded because they weren't lost. I'm on my phone and don't want to click the link you provided so I don't know what that data shows. Oh, and while you make the font larger could you throw in some pretty colors too? Black and bold is so boring...
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

If this was a joke, touché...If it is not sorry for even trying...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In Response to According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.:
    [QUOTE]Adam Schefter ‏ @ AdamSchefter Now both young TEs locked up long term: Patriots reached agreement with TE Aaron Hernandez on long-term contract extension, per NFL source. http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter    
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

GREAT NEWS! Not the least of which is that this marks the end of Wes Welker's Patriot carreer. BB knows its time to send WW on his way before he loses all of his value. I see a trade coming very soon, and hopefully before the games start. Otherwise, we have 9-mil going to a player in decline this year, WATCH! We need a prime time player, not a choker under the pressure to make the catch of his lifetime. He lost that special something in that drop no matter how much you non-athletes want to think it ain't so. Sorry, I like him, but its true. Good stats, BIG GAME DROP, TALKED SMACK, gotta go.......C ya Wes! Good on ya Gronk and AHERN!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Classy guy!

RT  Kraft very emotional sharing story of Hernandez walking into his office today with a $50,000 check for Myra Kraft Foundation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Hernandez talks new contract. Says he's emotional. Has a daughter on the way.

http://instagram.com/p/O2SrcgrzKa/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Probably the best day of my life - Hernandez. Called it incredibly emotional. "That he trusts me to make me the rt decision means a lot."

Hernandez seems truly humbled and overwhelmed by this...wonderful to see

Hernandez joked that Gronk is likely set for life "though he probably doesn't know that."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Picture

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

How do you not like this guy? All of the beat writers are saying how he is so genuine

"You get changed by the Bill Belichick way, you get changed by the Patriot Way." Hernandez said he might cry after talking about it.

Hernandez on Kraft: "He didn't need to give me the amount he gave me. Knowing... he trusts me to make the right decisions, it means a lot."

Hernandez, funny on Gronkowski's extension a few months back: "Gronk's a great kid… he probably doesn't even realize he's set for life."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]How do you not like this guy? All of the beat writers are saying how he is so genuine Mary Paoletti   ‏ @ Mary_Paoletti "You get changed by the Bill Belichick way, you get changed by the Patriot Way." Hernandez said he might cry after talking about it.   Hernandez on Kraft: "He didn't need to give me the amount he gave me. Knowing... he trusts me to make the right decisions, it means a lot."
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Sounds like he didn't even negotiate. Like he had a contract just tossed infront of him and he couldn't grab a pen quick enough, we all know that isn't true but it's a nice thought  : p

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Boston Herald

Aaron Hernandez shows genuine emotion while discussing new contract

HernandezTight end Aaron Hernandez held court for several minutes tonight at the Patriots Kickoff Gala and displayed some genuine emotion while discussing his five-year, $40 million contract extension.

“It’s a lifelong dream, and it’s kind of surreal, but taking it in over the next few days, months, years, and this is a blessing,” Hernandez said. “Hopefully, I make the right decisions with (the money) and have a good life.

“You always dream of it, but you never really think it’s going to come. Then, when it happens, you know there’s a good chance you’re set for life as long as you handle it the right way. It’s an honor. It seems so surreal, like is it really true? It’s just a dream, and knowing that I can help my family, the ones who I love, it’s an honor.”

Hernandez said he shared an emotional conversation with his family earlier.

“They were all crying,” he said. “I was crying right with them. This is probably one of the best days of my life, and I’ll remember this day forever. I just hope I keep going, doing the right things, making the right decisions, so I can have a good life and be there to live a good life with my family.”

Hernandez, who donated $50,000 to the Myra Kraft Foundation today, shared his love for the organization.

“I couldn’t be with a better franchise,” Hernandez said. “I know Tom (Brady) is going to be around for a while. I love the coaches. I’m close to my family. The whole organization is actually an organization. A lot of places are called organizations, but are they really organized? This is a place, not only did it change my future from them paying me, but it just changed me as a person because you can’t come here, act reckless and do your own stuff. I was one of the persons when I came here and might have acted the way I wanted to act. But you get changed by Bill Belichick’s way. You get changed by the Patriot way, and now that I’m a Patriot, I have to start living like one and making the right decisions for them.”

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Where'd you guys get all these quotes from Hern?

I thought his answers were "AAAAAHHHHHHHHH."

Or,

"aaaaaAAAAHHHH?"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4728165/kraft?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Kraft on Hernandez' charitable gesture

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]How do you not like this guy? All of the beat writers are saying how he is so genuine Mary Paoletti   ‏ @ Mary_Paoletti "You get changed by the Bill Belichick way, you get changed by the Patriot Way." Hernandez said he might cry after talking about it.   Hernandez on Kraft: "He didn't need to give me the amount he gave me. Knowing... he trusts me to make the right decisions, it means a lot." Hernandez, funny on Gronkowski's extension a few months back: "Gronk's a great kid… he probably doesn't even realize he's set for life."
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

hern's getting himself straight.
    dedicated
    growing  up.
    really nice to see in our home grown player

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Classy guy! Ian Rapoport   ‏ @ RapSheet RT  @ jeffphowe  Kraft very emotional sharing story of Hernandez walking into his office today with a $50,000 check for Myra Kraft Foundation.
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Boston Herald Aaron Hernandez shows genuine emotion while discussing new contract Tight end  Aaron Hernandez  held court for several minutes tonight at the Patriots Kickoff Gala and displayed some genuine emotion while discussing his five-year, $40 million contract extension. “It’s a lifelong dream, and it’s kind of surreal, but taking it in over the next few days, months, years, and this is a blessing,”  Hernandez said.  “Hopefully, I make the right decisions with (the money) and have a good life. “You always dream of it, but you never really think it’s going to come. Then, when it happens, you know there’s a good chance you’re set for life as long as you handle it the right way. It’s an honor. It seems so surreal, like is it really true? It’s just a dream, and knowing that I can help my family, the ones who I love, it’s an honor.” Hernandez said he shared an emotional conversation with his family earlier. “They were all crying,”  he said.  “I was crying right with them. This is probably one of the best days of my life, and I’ll remember this day forever. I just hope I keep going, doing the right things, making the right decisions, so I can have a good life and be there to live a good life with my family.” Hernandez, who donated $50,000 to the Myra Kraft Foundation today, shared his love for the organization. “I couldn’t be with a better franchise,”  Hernandez said.  “I know  Tom (Brady)  is going to be around for a while. I love the coaches. I’m close to my family. The whole organization is actually an organization. A lot of places are called organizations, but are they really organized? This is a place, not only did it change my future from them paying me, but it just changed me as a person because you can’t come here, act reckless and do your own stuff. I was one of the persons when I came here and might have acted the way I wanted to act. But you get changed by  Bill Belichick ’s way. You get changed by the Patriot way, and now that I’m a Patriot, I have to start living like one and making the right decisions for them.”
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

this is the guy to be a role model for gronk. not the other way around.

" It’s just a dream, and knowing that I can help my family, the ones who I love, it’s an honor.”"

"when it happens, you know there’s a good chance you’re set for life as long as you handle it the right way. It’s an honor."

“Hopefully, I make the right decisions with (the money) and have a good life.

and again
     "I just hope I keep going, doing the right things, making the right decisions, so I can have a good life and be there to live a good life with my family.”"

the cat knows the score. he's waking up as an responsible adult.
    now let's help him follow through.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from batou. Show batou's posts

I also recall Hern putting the ball on the turf a number of times.  I believe a number of those were near the sideline and the ball went out of bounds or a player who touched it was out of bounds.  Perhaps those are not counted as fumbles as neither team recovered?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

this is a decent human being (Hern)

(kraft on hern)
    "One of the touching moments since I've known the team -- knowing that this is our charitable gala tonight -- Aaron came into my office, a little teary-eyed and presented me with a check for $50,000 to go to Myra Kraft Giving Back Fund," Kraft said.
    "I said 'Aaron, you don't have to do this, you've already got your contract.' And he said 'No, it makes me feel good and I want to do it.' 

"That made me feel good because part of the thing that we learned early on is that we have a lot of young men who come into this business, and they come from humble financial homes, and part of what we try to do is make them understand is that there is a psychic income involved in giving back both your time and your financial resources, if you can do that.." 

"And I sensed that he was touched in doing that. We didn't request it, it's something that he decided. And to flip the switch from living modesty to all of the sudden having a lot of income, I think we have to work real hard to help our young men adjust to that." 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4728181/details-on-hernandez-extension

Details on Hernandez extension

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

wow! pats friendly. we hopefully wont need to exxercise it, but nto too mcuh guaranteed.

we are set.

gotta get a line that can give brady some time

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

Great news!!! I know a bunch of posters , including me thought this was coming. This guy could blow up at anytime. It wouldn't surprise any of us if he puts up 1000/10+ this year. These two TE's we have will go down as the best duo in NFL history. Both skill sets are unmatched. There's not one defensive player in the league that can cover either one on one. Their match up nightmares every week. I believe A.H. will have the best match up of our weapons every week. Teams will be game planning 1) get after Brady...2) Gronk...3) WW. He'll be feasting on teams 2nd-3rd DB's and backers. In Scar I trust. This line must come together. By any means necessary.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cameron. Show Cameron's posts

I'm So Happy For Him. YaY!!!