According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.

In Response to Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.:
    Great news!!! I know a bunch of posters , including me thought this was coming. This guy could blow up at anytime. It wouldn't surprise any of us if he puts up 1000/10+ this year. These two TE's we have will go down as the best duo in NFL history. Both skill sets are unmatched. There's not one defensive player in the league that can cover either one on one. Their match up nightmares every week. I believe A.H. will have the best match up of our weapons every week. Teams will be game planning 1) get after Brady...2) Gronk...3) WW. He'll be feasting on teams 2nd-3rd DB's and backers. In Scar I trust. This line must come together. By any means necessary.
    Posted by 1guy1sharp

agree completely with all of your post.
    as i said last year during the year and you say below:

"These two TE's we have will go down as the best duo in NFL history. Both skill sets are unmatched. There's not one defensive player in the league that can cover either one on one. "

i also pointed out, our offense is predicated on having 2 top tes (or otherwise, a gronk and a hern), why im glad we got some backup, so if one goes down, we dont lose a super bowl like last year).

i was on that last year and it showed in trhe s.b.
    bb said not again and got ballard, fells, shiancoe, and urban and converted sylvester.

one or 2 will be available when needed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: According to Adam Schefter: Aaron Hernandez gets a contract extension.:
    I'm So Happy For Him. YaY!!!
    Posted by Cameron

well said!
    :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

i apologize up front if this has been previously discussed. i was on vacation for the past 2 weeks and getting on the "new Forum"wasnt possible  ( grand kids,wife, and internet capability at Nauset Beach).

I heard of AHs contract extension and think it would be in fact advantageous for keeping Welker for the next 2 years. It is my understanding it is in fact an EXTENSION so his rookie salary is still in place for the next 2 years plus the bonus ( 12m over 7 years  2 current and 5 extended  not a big hit!) so this really doesnt drastically effect the cap for WWs remaining 2? years. Pats could offer 14M  for 2013 and 2014, which would equal 23+M ( including 2012 franchise figure) for the next 3 years, which would work out to a market value long term deal.

Something like 6M bonus  4M 2013  and  4M 2014 . If things dont work out and they cut him after 2013  than only a 3m cap hit. I think he is still good for 2 more years and if 3 works ... icing on the cake. 

Sections
Shortcuts