According to Bill this was the worst play he ever called.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

According to Bill this was the worst play he ever called.

No it wasn't the 4th and 2, or the double reverse to open the SB against the Giants,it was a special teams plays. Can you guys think of some horrendous calls made by BB.

We didn’t have a real good team,’’ Belichick said of the Giants, who finished 6-10.

Quarterback Phil Simms was in his rookie season and punter Dave Jennings was one of the team’s best athletes. “An All-Pro punter, I mean he was great,’’ Belichick said.

Jennings had an arm, so Belichick called for another fake punt. The ball was snapped to Brian Kelley, who ran a sweep and, before he was tackled, lateraled to Jennings on the other side of the field.

Jennings attempted to get the first down, “so he ran for the sticks there on the sideline and then about three guys hit him about 4 yards short of the first down and knocked him out of bounds,’’ Belichick said.

“He got knocked over there by the cheerleaders, his helmet was on sideways, he was looking out through the ear hole, the ball was out there on the track somewhere, and you know, [coach Ray Perkins] looks over with that look of, ‘What are we doing? That’s our best player.’ He looked like he got run over by a 2-ton Mack truck, so we go all the way over to the other side of the field and get him off the track, and put him back together again.

“That was one that didn’t work, that luckily Dave and I can still smile about it.’’

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

Re: According to Bill this was the worst play he ever called.

In Response to According to Bill this was the worst play he ever called.:
    [QUOTE]No it wasn't the 4th and 2, or the double reverse to open the SB against the Giants,it was a special teams plays. Can you guys think of some horrendous calls made by BB. We didn’t have a real good team,’’ Belichick said of the Giants, who finished 6-10. Discuss COMMENTS ( 7 ) Quarterback  Phil Simms  was in his rookie season and punter  Dave Jennings  was one of the team’s best athletes. “An All-Pro punter, I mean he was great,’’ Belichick said. Jennings had an arm, so Belichick called for another fake punt. The ball was snapped to  Brian Kelley , who ran a sweep and, before he was tackled, lateraled to Jennings on the other side of the field. Jennings attempted to get the first down, “so he ran for the sticks there on the sideline and then about three guys hit him about 4 yards short of the first down and knocked him out of bounds,’’ Belichick said. “He got knocked over there by the cheerleaders, his helmet was on sideways, he was looking out through the ear hole, the ball was out there on the track somewhere, and you know, [coach  Ray Perkins ] looks over with that look of, ‘What are we doing? That’s our best player.’ He looked like he got run over by a 2-ton Mack truck, so we go all the way over to the other side of the field and get him off the track, and put him back together again. “That was one that didn’t work, that luckily Dave and I can still smile about it.’’
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]

Keep wishing...4th & 2 will be his legacy. Well, that and the whole cheating thing....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to According to Bill this was the worst play he ever called.:
    [QUOTE]No it wasn't the 4th and 2, or the double reverse to open the SB against the Giants,it was a special teams plays. Can you guys think of some horrendous calls made by BB. We didn’t have a real good team,’’ Belichick said of the Giants, who finished 6-10. Discuss COMMENTS ( 7 ) Quarterback  Phil Simms  was in his rookie season and punter  Dave Jennings  was one of the team’s best athletes. “An All-Pro punter, I mean he was great,’’ Belichick said. Jennings had an arm, so Belichick called for another fake punt. The ball was snapped to  Brian Kelley , who ran a sweep and, before he was tackled, lateraled to Jennings on the other side of the field. Jennings attempted to get the first down, “so he ran for the sticks there on the sideline and then about three guys hit him about 4 yards short of the first down and knocked him out of bounds,’’ Belichick said. “He got knocked over there by the cheerleaders, his helmet was on sideways, he was looking out through the ear hole, the ball was out there on the track somewhere, and you know, [coach  Ray Perkins ] looks over with that look of, ‘What are we doing? That’s our best player.’ He looked like he got run over by a 2-ton Mack truck, so we go all the way over to the other side of the field and get him off the track, and put him back together again. “That was one that didn’t work, that luckily Dave and I can still smile about it.’’
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]

You are distorting what was said.  He was not asked, "What is the worst play you ever called?"  This is how the article you quote begins: "Belichick was asked about the worst gadget play he had ever seen at any level. He used the opportunity to talk about one of the worst plays he ever called, which came while he was coaching special teams with the Giants in 1979."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Can't think of many bad plays he's called, but for as long as I can remember all of his challenges are awful.  He simply challenges when he doesn't like the play, it's like he doesn't even listen to what his film reviewers are saying.  And then when David Garrard throws a TD in the playoffs after his knee is down he doesn't challenge. 

Booo Bellichallenge!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: According to Bill this was the worst play he ever called.:
    [QUOTE]Can't think of many bad plays he's called, but for as long as I can remember all of his challenges are awful.  He simply challenges when he doesn't like the play, it's like he doesn't even listen to what his film reviewers are saying.  And then when David Garrard throws a TD in the playoffs after his knee is down he doesn't challenge.  Booo Bellichallenge!
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

I know one thing. He always throws a red flag on a sideline catch. He has lobbied for line of sight sideline cams for a while. and I think he is trying to buld a body of evidence.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Z, hasn't BB lobbied for a goal line cams too? I remember BB being upset when Watson chased down Chump Bailey and knocked the ball through the endzone but there was no camera to prove it. 

Sections
Shortcuts