Accurate Update on Dennard

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Accurate Update on Dennard

Thanks for posting this.  Nice to see some solid info on this topic.   Looks like good news, but I'll still be holding my breath a bit until his official sentencing occurs in April.  As long as he is on the field week 1, I'm happy. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He shouldn't miss any playing time and even if he does get suspended by the league he can appeal. I read somewhere last week that an appeal would probably give him a year of playing time before the appeal reaches a verdict with the player's union and the league.

The only thing I worry about is when he may have to serve his jail time, if it is right away then he will be at camp. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

He shouldn't miss any playing time and even if he does get suspended by the league he can appeal. I read somewhere last week that an appeal would probably give him a year of playing time before the appeal reaches a verdict with the player's union and the league.

The only thing I worry about is when he may have to serve his jail time, if it is right away then he will be at camp. 

Yeah, I hope it is in fact only a 30 day sentence, and that they can have him serve it immediately.  He needs to get his reps in camp/preseason to help build on his impressive rookie campaign.  I'm sure the Patriots will do everything in their power to help him get through this situation with as little impact on the team/his off-season as possible.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Good info Rusty, but I make it a habit never to guess what judges or juries will do.  You'd expect Dennard to get a light sentence, but one never knows.  I'm not all that familiar with the judicial culture in Nebraska, and know nothing about the tendencies of the sentencing judge.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Kraft was aware of this before drafting him, so I am sure he is OK with it. Good post Rust.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

let`s wait and see what happens

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

The only other obstacle is obviously Kraft. Technically, he is a felon even though this is the least aggravating felon in the NFL at this point. A he said/she said case with foggy and very limited testimony in a large crowd comes off a bit suspicious.

Well let me say this.  The Patriots, Kraft included, knew about this incident going into the draft, they had to have known the risks of trial and that it would be very possible that he could be found guilty, yet they still drafted him.  So if they have a problem with this now then shame on Kraft and the Patriots organization.  They need to stick by their decision of drafting him due to his talent and believing in him as a person, even though he made one mistake.  He wasn't involved in years of dog fighting, he didn't get drunk and get behind the wheel and kill someone.  He didn't get busted for being involved in drugs, rape, robbery or anything of that nature.  He got into an altercation that just happened to involve a police officer.  He made a mistake before he was a Patriot, he will now pay the price of the legal system.  They knew this headed into the draft and still drafted him, they need to stay put  and stick by this young man during this, after all he has had zero problems while being a Patriot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Kraft was aware of this before drafting him, so I am sure he is OK with it. Good post Rust.

I agree, I must have been writing my post as you posted yours.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I read an article saying that Dennard probably wouldn't face an NFL suspension because the incident happened before he was drafted.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'd think suspended sentence, maybe community service and anger management.   He's kept clean for a year that will play into it.  Everyone wants this to go away.  Well see what goodell does. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well at least this thread is better than the GARBAGE we got on the topic from board trash Commie

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

A bogus conviction by an over zealous prosecutor! In most states this would have been plead out to a misdemeanor and a fine would have been given along with probation. However the prosecutor needed to make an exampe out of Dennard and using very little solid information to convict tells me this was a railroad job ! This prosecutor probably has his own collection of jurors he can call anytime he needs a conviction. I feel sorry Alphonzo it's a terrible thing to sit and listen to others paint you as the next of kin to an axe murderer! However like I said in another thread nothing would surprise as to what happens next in this case.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I'd think suspended sentence, maybe community service and anger management.   He's kept clean for a year that will play into it.  Everyone wants this to go away.  Well see what goodell does. 

alcohol counseling would have been better than anger management in this sit.

though i see defense attourneys and prosecutors feeling he will likely get between a week and 6 months in jail.

we'll see how the judge is feeling.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

A bogus conviction by an over zealous prosecutor! In most states this would have been plead out to a misdemeanor and a fine would have been given along with probation. However the prosecutor needed to make an exampe out of Dennard and using very little solid information to convict tells me this was a railroad job ! This prosecutor probably has his own collection of jurors he can call anytime he needs a conviction. I feel sorry Alphonzo it's a terrible thing to sit and listen to others paint you as the next of kin to an axe murderer! However like I said in another thread nothing would surprise as to what happens next in this case.

sports, the prosecutor canot call his juror stash when they want to win a case and make a name for themself. though the jury selection process is another idiotic game between prosecution and defnese (where they eliminate jurors the each feel might benefitthe other).

re why jury convicted when it seemed to lawyers following hte case that teh evidence was enough to put doubt in the jury (heard a couple speculate a very persuasive juror or 2 coudl do the job. and if you ever have been on a jury, on a mock jury or studied the process, you would likley understand what they are talkiung about).

andwhy the da didnt allow dennard to plea down, as i specualted on a ntoher thread, furhter political office (ie becoming sherriff, a judge or other)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Good stuff, Rusty.  Thanks for posting it. I'm also reluctant to predict what this kid's sentence will be.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I also read that the prosecution in the case will not seek jail time for Dennard. I don't think he serves 1 day in jail, and instead gets a suspended sentence, probation or whatever else. Also, no suspension by goodelll. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Why didn't you just post the Indy article which repeated what you said in your post? I guess numbers in verbage up your tally on everyone else. You really like to read yourself for self gratification. Your predictions, opinions (like you were actually there to witness the incident), and continual defense of a convicted felon bemuses me. Dennard is not the first, nor will he be the last to wear NFL rags and be involved in unaccepted behavior which you or I could ever get away with with a mere slap on the wrist. Look to the genius to find a comparable replacement. Not. Time to move on. Mes deux pences.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Once again I ask the question but I never get an answer.

Are Dennard and Gronkowski doing things the so called 'patriot way" or can we all agree that the so called "patriot way" has been dead for quite a few Years now?

Any news on Gronkowski and how he's doing in rehab?

Sections
Shortcuts